What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

16 hours ago, onesea said:

Realised both MOT’s are over due 🥺

I could of sworn I did one the other maybe not…

Well I lied, I have riden both bikes today…
Straight to MOT station 🤞

No Pre mot checks just straight in let’s see what they see against what I know could be an issue..

UPDATE: Both passed, no problems 😁

Edited by onesea
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, fullscreenaging said:

Time to look for a DCT bike for her?

It's the brakes. Her fingers only move at a tortoise pace, which is no good if you're haring along, even if it is only a little VanVan. 

It went to a biker up near Keighley. Nice to think it will be used instead of being just stuck in a garage.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bonio said:

It's the brakes. Her fingers only move at a tortoise pace, which is no good if you're haring along, even if it is only a little VanVan. 

It went to a biker up near Keighley. Nice to think it will be used instead of being just stuck in a garage.

If she’s determined to keep biking or the thought of not doing it is getting her down, get in touch with NABD ( National Association for Bikers with Disability ), they can give free advice on available conversions & in some cases financial assistance to perform the conversion.

• Like 1

Well last week, sorted the left indicator which had decided to be intermittent then went for its mot yesterday, all passed no problems. Probo put it up for sale soon.

Had a bit of a MOT day today. 

2 of the girls done and all good with only advisories for tyres which are nearing there end date but I new that.

Inspector was very impressed with the brakes on Rexy lol. 

20220723_124148.thumb.jpg.ad1352e4a6672a007e212b6001803c28.jpg20220723_124140.thumb.jpg.237689667392674ce782e4c446867db9.jpgcheers 

Ian 

• Like 3

Washed the mighty Speedtriple & gave it a bit of a polish - it was filthy after the Cornwall trip, especially as one of the tags involved riding down a muddy stream.

2C28A225-F625-4580-9399-D4E0DC56788B.thumb.jpeg.73df52ce98722908111e0afe0266b308.jpegCar in the background is the neighbours.

• Like 3

@Mickly She is lovely and I always fancied one just like that but I couldn`t justify it alongside Rexy as they do so many things in the same sort of way.

Mind you the triple wheelies better lol.

Cheers

Ian

17 minutes ago, Ian Frog said:

@Mickly She is lovely and I always fancied one just like that but I couldn`t justify it alongside Rexy as they do so many things in the same sort of way.

Mind you the triple wheelies better lol.

Cheers

Ian

Wheeeeeelie? I couldn’t possibly comment… except that on occasions, when no one is looking the front end can feel a bit ‘floaty’ 😁

On 07/10/2020 at 21:16, Stu said:

Light years ahead of the 590!

The 590 is a great sat nav but the XT is miles better

I aren't doing myself any favours for selling the 590 here :lol:

@StuMates selling a 590, would you say it’s better than an I-phone + ultimate addons case ( my current set up) and what would be a fair price?

Went out for a trundle around Worcestershire . Petrol gauge touching red so I divert off towards Tewkesbury only to discover the road closed due to a serious incident . And it is a serious incident that I wouldn't photograph out of respect . The guy doing the measurements has kindly agreed to let me through in half an hour ..

IMG_20220723_165755982_HDR.jpg

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, fastbob said:

Went out for a trundle around Worcestershire . Petrol gauge touching red so I divert off towards Tewkesbury only to discover the road closed due to a serious incident . And it is a serious incident that I wouldn't photograph out of respect . The guy doing the measurements has kindly agreed to let me through in half an hour ..

IMG_20220723_165755982_HDR.jpg

According to a resident , nobody was killed but both cars looked like they had exploded . The police had been there for four hours taking measurements and they very kindly let me through after half an hour . As I said , my fuel gauge was in the red and I was on the wrong side of the River Severn to go looking for a garage . 

4 hours ago, Mickly said:

@StuMates selling a 590, would you say it’s better than an I-phone + ultimate addons case ( my current set up) and what would be a fair price?

I would normally say any dedicated unit it better than a phone 

But the way my unit has been behaving just recently I'm not so bloody sure :lol:

Been having a few routing problems with the zumo xt and have had to work round them 

Saying that the problems don't affect the 590 

The 590 is OK but there is battery issues with them but there is an easy fix which helps 

It's not always easy to plan routes on the unit and I refer doing it on a obile phone/pc but there is no easy way to transfer routes from your phone to the 590

The screen isn't as bright as your phone or the zumo xt 

I would say no more than 200 quid 

Bear in mind you can buy a new zumo xt for £350 now even with its routing issues you can work around them easy enough 

• Thanks 1

Took advantage of the good weather and tidied up the rear footrests and side stand on the daily workhorse GS125.

01-before.thumb.JPG.3eb9caad37e9413525aec1a92aa69cf8.JPG

rubbed down the side stand, primed and painted, replated the spring and bolt. This made the frame section nr it look out of place so cleaned , rubbed down and painted that.

877578514_02-rubbeddowncleasnandpaint.thumb.JPG.1b9bc8f26698c1d561019d313b7894cf.JPG

717843934_03-hardwareplatedandstandcleaned-paint-refitted.thumb.JPG.4738779c40b40ce97ca1117affce40e3.JPG

Now the rear footrests were really letting the side down

860420212_00-Rearfootrestsbefore.thumb.JPG.501d49247d0fb2fef527b5ebdb7757dd.JPG

Brackets wire wheeled and painted, other bits cleaned blasted and plated.

all in all a nice job, see how they survive this winter. Having to do bits at a time as i use the bike every day. Next the front engine mount.

605479696_05-lhpillionfootrestdone.thumb.JPG.fd52de683c50b4af0cde28059ba5e54a.JPG

1839076735_04-rhpillionfootrestdone.thumb.JPG.7d8c07f5df44481a1bca8b77c97ff23f.JPG

• Like 5

Almost 2 years to the day since my accident, 3rd party finally accepts full liability and pays out (damages).

Interestingly, my own insurers legal advice last year was to accept 50/50! 

w**kers. 

Edited by Joe85
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Joe85 said:

Interestingly, my own insurers legal advice last year was to accept 50/50! 

I've heard that is insurers standard response now. My bosses friend had her car reversed into by a delivery van and was told the same. She wasn't even in the car at the time! :scratch:

3 hours ago, Tiggie said:

I've heard that is insurers standard response now. My bosses friend had her car reversed into by a delivery van and was told the same. She wasn't even in the car at the time! :scratch:

It's been like that for years. My wife had a shunt when someone came through red lights and hit her. That was back in 1986 and the insurance was all for settling it 50/50 until the guy got prosecuted.

• Sad 2

Ever since I fitted my heated grips every so often the clutch side comes loose and moves about.hairspray works but comes loose after a months or so so today just used gorilla glue and hoping that will glue it into place.

• Like 1