Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Good morning everybody.

Isn't this nice....

Received a very nice email from my workplace with tips about lockdown resilience.

Just in time to the end of lockdown... 🙄🙄 

Hi folks, the weather is seeming to get a bit warmer again for a few rides to break up the monotony of the day.

Girlfriends dad broke down on a ride out last week, an old CBR600F3 which I'd got sorted for an MOT but found it had clearly been through some sort of hell. Either track use and a crash, or just a big crash, as the frame is slightly bent, and the fairings are held on with wood screws in some parts with the bodywork not being a standard colour. It wouldn't start after a run, so I figured the rec/reg had let go, it bump started and got home, but he charged it and went on a ride again this time getting stranded, I had told him to let me check it out first 😅

I've given him a cheeky offer to sell it to me so I can strip it right back and start again, so I might have a project bike again to keep me busy soon!

Hope everyone else is doing well now that lockdown is lifting, having the gym and pubs back is a big plus.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

Since I can't play with my new stove yet I decided to fire up the garden one :smile:

16184274385125351179426969120853.jpg

I have, in the last 5 minutes, treated myself to a Chiminea ... I’m looking forward to beers on the patio late(r) into the evening.

• Like 2

@Steve_M Mine is what my wife's dad made himself many moons ago from an old gas bottle from work.

When he died I was quick to claim it before it ended up being poached by one of his workmates or worse ending up in a skip 😟

3 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

@Steve_M Mine is what my wife's dad made himself many moons ago from an old gas bottle from work.

When he died I was quick to claim it before it ended up being poached by one of his workmates or worse ending up in a skip 😟

I prefer yours.

That would look more appropriate on our patio than what we’ve bought. We’re going for a slightly industrial look with the things we’ve planted up (wheelbarrow, brazier, half a beer barrel) to go with the corrugated metal wall on the one side. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Fozzie said:

Hi folks, the weather is seeming to get a bit warmer again for a few rides to break up the monotony of the day.

Girlfriends dad broke down on a ride out last week, an old CBR600F3 which I'd got sorted for an MOT but found it had clearly been through some sort of hell. Either track use and a crash, or just a big crash, as the frame is slightly bent, and the fairings are held on with wood screws in some parts with the bodywork not being a standard colour. It wouldn't start after a run, so I figured the rec/reg had let go, it bump started and got home, but he charged it and went on a ride again this time getting stranded, I had told him to let me check it out first 😅

I've given him a cheeky offer to sell it to me so I can strip it right back and start again, so I might have a project bike again to keep me busy soon!

Hope everyone else is doing well now that lockdown is lifting, having the gym and pubs back is a big plus.

If its a 95-98 ft-fw i have quite a few parts inc a frame with v5 . Do have some track fairings as well ...not the prettiest of things but ....

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NeilM said:

Half 6 this morning. 

Proper bracing but lovely clear skies.

20210415_064710.jpg

Just about ready to start loading up, taking a change of warm clothing and waterproofs so should be okay for a good few hours :thumb:

6 minutes ago, dynax said:

Just about ready to start loading up, taking a change of warm clothing and waterproofs so should be okay for a good few hours :thumb:

Spot on. 

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

First ride this morning in my summer riding jeans. They appear to have mysteriously shrunk during lockdown. They weren't that tight last year.

I believe that after a set number of years this becomes an annual problem.

Temporary solution is slacken belt and don`t fasten followed by a coffee and bacon sarnie then forget about it.

Cheers

Ian

• Like 2