Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

11 minutes ago, Bender said:

The idea is drive it off boost and it's a 1tr, hammer it and it's a 2ltr, turbo rule of thumb was doubling engine capacy, 3 cylinders keeps costs down and reduces friction, at the cost of some smoothness, now if only they would do a big v twin 😁 

That’s exactly how it feels to drive, too. We had a 2litre Mondeo previously (with a short error of Audi A3 ownership between), and we don’t miss the bigger engine at all. The 20% improvement in fuel consumption is handy, too. 👍

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

That’s exactly how it feels to drive, too. We had a 2litre Mondeo previously (with a short error of Audi A3 ownership between), and we don’t miss the bigger engine at all. The 20% improvement in fuel consumption is handy, too. 👍

I always laugh when folk wonder why the new 2ltr turbo petrol is doing crap on petrol, oh did you ever buy a 4ltr jag, hell no I couldn't afford to run that is the usual reply, well you f**kwit what do you think you have now when you boot it all over 😁 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

The old one’s RFL was £30 pa, this one’s £155 pa. 

Yeah they changed it for any cars registered after 2017! everything was £145 except higher value cars and zero emissions cars! or something like that 

It put me off replacing our car to be honest we have a Seat Leon 1.6 TDI with VW cheat software so £0 RFL :lol: 

11 hours ago, Bender said:

The idea is drive it off boost and it's a 1tr, hammer it and it's a 2ltr, turbo rule of thumb was doubling engine capacy, 3 cylinders keeps costs down and reduces friction, at the cost of some smoothness, now if only they would do a big v twin 😁 

Hmmm...125bhp is more like the last generation of NA 1.6 engines. But I suspect they don't have much by way of torque. 

My wife's Citigo is a three pot motor which to be fair goes quite well if you give it the beans. They make quite an interesting noise as well. But they're inherently unbalanced so you get a fair bit of vibration. 

But I hate driving it on a motorway given how some people drive. So she takes my 1.8 for longer trips. 

6 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Big day today, I get to take our granddaughter to look at the motorbikes at Bill Smith's. I know she's only a week old but it's best to start early with these things. 

Please tell me you took the mother while she was pregnant...

• Haha 1

Well good bye then Phillip

Duke of Edinburgh

Award was great fun.

Blunt .. but never 

killed Diana.

Alledgley ..

Edna J. Thribb (aged 17.5 )

Apologies to “Private Eye” ....

Edited by Trooper74

Nowt to with bikes.

But anyone seen this.

Clive Sullivan on Google.

Absolute legend and inspiration within RL and far far beyond. 

Was the first, by a long way black person to captain a British national team. GB rl lions.

He was rather good too

Screenshot_20210409-140040_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Trooper74 said:

Well good bye then Phillip

Duke of Edinburgh

Award was great fun.

Blunt .. but never 

killed Diana.

Alledgley ..

Edna J. Thribb (aged 17.5 )

Apologies to “Private Eye” ....

You really don't have any filter do you . 

• Like 1

I'm sure all here will join me in extending heartfelt condolences to her Majesty the Queen on this very sad day . 

Screenshot_20210409-142126.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, fastbob said:

I'm sure all here will join me in extending heartfelt condolences to her Majesty the Queen on this very sad day . 

Screenshot_20210409-142126.png

No Neil.  No no no don't get involved.  Must not get involved Neil. Leave it alone...lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, husoi said:

Please tell me you took the mother while she was pregnant...

I had to read this twice taken totally out of context!!

My mum got stopped from riding, when she was pregnant with my sister (who hates bikes) by her Dr.    He only noticed when she left her bike running outside the shop when she nipped in for something, as she was finding kick starting it hard work!

• Like 1

Prince Phillip..

I had the pleasure of meeting him in 1981, nice chap, not as tall as i was expecting. His Major Domo, Irish Guards, was not a tall man ....

He presented me with an award for cycle racing during my service in the RAF. 

Edited by Trooper74

9 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Pedal car i reckon.

It was a brown  Hillman Hunter and it was down the runway at Long Marston on a rainy Sunday morning at the first ever Bulldog Bash . I was off my tits at the time . 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, fastbob said:

It was a brown  Hillman Hunter and it was down the runway at Long Marston on a rainy Sunday morning at the first ever Bulldog Bash . I was off my tits at the time . 

The one with the steering box and so many joints between that and the front wheels that directional control was largely a matter of luck.