Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Good evening all. Friday night is curry night. Slam them in the oven for 40 minutes and job done. Saves a lot of washing up, too.

These ready meals have come a long way since those bloody awful Vesta things.

1 minute ago, Steve_M said:

Good evening all. Friday night is curry night. Slam them in the oven for 40 minutes and job done. Saves a lot of washing up, too.

the swan vesta's that was a few years ago

1 minute ago, Steve_M said:

Ready ones are alright but just not enough, so I make my own from scratch and only takes about an hour from start to finish :thumb:

1 minute ago, dynax said:

Ready ones are alright but just not enough, so I make my own from scratch and only takes about an hour from start to finish :thumb:

We still do occasionally. We used to have a takeaway (well, delivered) every Friday when we lived in Norwich. Now we live away from anywhere that does curry takeaways we use the frozen ones from these guys.

• Like 1

Just now, Fish said:

Evenig all, here's to everyone having a nice relaxing weekend of enjoyment.

No chance of that, i'm working sort of, I have some black granite slabs that i'm making into some tables to get a bit of coin coming in :thumb:

• Like 1

Evening. 

Had a drink. Not drunk for a good while. Gave up for lent.....

Spent most of day talking bollix in our friends garden listening to 90's indie.

Life good. Gin good.

Stay safe

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Bender said:

I'm working, again, have to take wife's car for estimate in morn as someone decided to drive into the back of it today, nothing major hopefully just the lower half of bumper.

Modern bumpers are funny things. They can deform and spring back with hardly a mark on them. Then you take it off and see the mess to the metal behind. Or they deform and leave a mark and underneath there's no damage at all.

I hope the other driver is paying up.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Modern bumpers are funny things. They can deform and spring back with hardly a mark on them. Then you take it off and see the mess to the metal behind. Or they deform and leave a mark and underneath there's no damage at all.

I hope the other driver is paying up.

It's a juke it has a seperate lower self coloured plastic section so hopefully not too bad but I'm sure the price from Nissan will be horrendous.

It's dented one of the raised ribs, I know what you mean about what lurks beneath and until it comes off who will know, there is a carrier rail that's not too bad, my concern is it may have pulled or snapped fixings at either side where it meets body panels.

He is wanting to just pay, but price may put him off 😁 

We’ve got friends and family coming round for a barbi this afternoon / evening ... outdoors or indoors depending on the weather .... probably a mixture of both .....😃

1 hour ago, Bender said:

It's a juke it has a seperate lower self coloured plastic section so hopefully not too bad but I'm sure the price from Nissan will be horrendous.

It's dented one of the raised ribs, I know what you mean about what lurks beneath and until it comes off who will know, there is a carrier rail that's not too bad, my concern is it may have pulled or snapped fixings at either side where it meets body panels.

He is wanting to just pay, but price may put him off 😁 

A young lad drove his dad’s motor into my daughter’s Merc. The damage at the front looked superficial, just the Merc badge knocked off, it seemed. Unfortunately there’s an array of sensors* behind it which got damaged so the cost was over a grand. The lad still paid for the repair. We suspect it was still cheaper for him than the excess + increased premiums (and the bollocking off his dad).

*my daughter’s description relayed from the workshop. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dynax said:

Well the weather has turned to shite so I won't be getting much done today #bolloxed 🤬

It’s glorious here.

I’ll be on the roof later fixing a vent for the extractor fan that the Sparky’s currently fitting. Oh, I know how to have fun. 🤔

E9117312-6BAF-4249-9AD0-D51AC3EAD855.jpeg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bender said:

I have 3 women in my life, wife, daughter, granddaughter I'm happy 😁 

I have five. My good lady, her three daughters and my own daughter. 

I’m scared. 😂

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

I have five. My good lady, her three daughters and my own daughter. 

I’m scared. 😂

I'm scared for you 😂, I suggest not looking at another woman ever 😁 

I was out with daughter in a bar when a woman in full wonder woman costume came in, hold on I'm just off to have a chat with ww, I didn't get 2ft swift kick in the right knee brought me back to reality.

• Haha 3