Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

On 16/04/2021 at 21:09, TimR said:

F2 front bodywork more boxy /wheels are different / forks / rear brakes...... I have some f2 stuff as well if i remember .

I can see it in the front end now, the air scoop on the F3 is a more sleek design. I've been thrown off by the fact the one I'm working on seems to be a mix of parts put back together. The rear fairings and seat are from an F2 and don't fit well, but the sub-frame beneath had a sticker identifying it as a CBR600F-S. That's a 1995 model, which was the first of the F3's so if I take this on I may try out one of those bodykits you can get from China, apparently with a bit of fettling with the mounts you can get a good fit. But I will pm you first with a list of bits I need to buy if I can coax this one from its owner.

Also, good morning!

2 hours ago, Fozzie said:

I can see it in the front end now, the air scoop on the F3 is a more sleek design. I've been thrown off by the fact the one I'm working on seems to be a mix of parts put back together. The rear fairings and seat are from an F2 and don't fit well, but the sub-frame beneath had a sticker identifying it as a CBR600F-S. That's a 1995 model, which was the first of the F3's so if I take this on I may try out one of those bodykits you can get from China, apparently with a bit of fettling with the mounts you can get a good fit. But I will pm you first with a list of bits I need to buy if I can coax this one from its owner.

Also, good morning!

I have 2 sets of race/track fairings for these ... Need a bit of TLC £100 (collected)

IMG_20200624_112654481_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

Spent most of the morning prepping my dinner, having a chicken and spinach curry hmm! Nice! All cooked from scratch none of this ready meal or stuff in jar, all done with proper ingredients, the only thing ready made was the naan breads I have to go with it :lol:

• Like 2

The upstairs toilet room is progressing nicely. My good lady will finish the tiling this afternoon. I’ll be installing the toilet, handbasin, skirting, and (when it’s delivered) the airing cupboard door. Probably over the course of the next week. 

68C7BAC8-24BB-4A49-97D8-1703CBE1CE17.jpeg

23B12E07-DBFD-4227-912C-BA9523137959.jpeg

• Like 3

I gave my table legs another coat of paint yesterday, still not happy with it that's 4 coats of paint now and it's still streaky, going to have to try either a roller or spray it or both to get the finish I want, Ronseal doesn't do what it says on the tin :classic_angry:, next time I think I will try some 2k spray paint :lol:

P1020956.thumb.JPG.83775891bcd05965546c569daf81288b.JPG

27 minutes ago, dynax said:

I gave my table legs another coat of paint yesterday, still not happy with it that's 4 coats of paint now and it's still streaky, going to have to try either a roller or spray it or both to get the finish I want, Ronseal doesn't do what it says on the tin :classic_angry:, next time I think I will try some 2k spray paint :lol:

P1020956.thumb.JPG.83775891bcd05965546c569daf81288b.JPG

Getting a good finish with paint seems to me to be a dark art. Hope you can get it sorted. 

3 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

Getting a good finish with paint seems to me to be a dark art. Hope you can get it sorted. 

It's because it's water based crap, never had a problem with proper oil paints.

Going to try a thin it down to use in the spray gun, it's says on the tin not to thin it but screw that, a mix of water and methylated spirits should do the trick :lol:

With it being for a granite top side table for both indoor and out door use, I want it to be spot on so i can get top dollar for them.

I still have the edges to polish up on the granite but you can see how it looks.

P1020957.thumb.JPG.81eaf49e98c688f468a35e67939a7fb7.JPG

On 18/04/2021 at 20:43, dynax said:

Good evening, haven't had a day like today for a long time, had a good six hours at my sister's, had a good catch up and watched the F1, then  met @Tiggie and sampled some proper chips and very tasty they were too, and had a chinwag for twenty mins or so, all in all another great day :thumb:

was it you who took the pic of @Tiggie in the hot tub :love:

I woke up at about 3.00am and realized that when fruit is boiled with sugar it makes jam.

We have raspberry jam, strawberry jam, plum jam, blackcurrant jam, apricot jam, rhubarb jam, etc.

So why does the same process when using oranges result in marmalade?

I think this needs looking in to.