Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

24 minutes ago, rennie said:

Good Afternoon :-D

proper dismal weather here

yes it was lashing down here too this morning and it is still grey cool and breezy

• Like 1

Good morning weather still crappy :thumb:

On a positive note managed to unlock my FB account, I was able to get another sim card sent out with the old number reactivated, which I received yesterday :thumb:

• Like 2

Morning. Watching Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets on Sky arts. Should really go to bed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JRH said:

Morning. Watching Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets on Sky arts. Should really go to bed.

I was watching a program called the Mary Millington story don't know which channel it was on though, so not sure if it's available on catch up or anything, but really interesting :thumb:

4 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Wish I could go to bed. Mine is currently bouncing around thanks to some crappy weather out in the Atlantic here. Pitching and rolling so not good for sleeping.☹️

That's got to be pretty rough weather then. I imagine it's a pretty big boat.

1 minute ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

No due to cuts and environmental concernsI i belive he's been given a skiff and is delivering barrels of crude individually , last seen rowing out of Portsmouth with a large supply of spinach and a pipe 😁 

@S-Westerly good luck with the weather.

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, dynax said:

Just had a message from the interested party and he has upped his offer to £925 :lol:

Still a little way to go but at least he is moving the right way.

Cheers

Ian

2 minutes ago, Ian Frog said:

Still a little way to go but at least he is moving the right way.

Cheers

Ian

Very slowly though, but he has offered me cash today for it.

7 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

You'd be surprised. It doesn't have to be that rough for us to roll heavily. You just need a big enough swell from the wrong direction and we'll be rolling our guts out, sometimes for days. Right now the wind is only 25 knots but there's a 5 metre swell more or less on our beam. Hence we roll and probably will for a couple of days.

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

You'd be surprised. It doesn't have to be that rough for us to roll heavily. You just need a big enough swell from the wrong direction and we'll be rolling our guts out, sometimes for days. Right now the wind is only 25 knots but there's a 5 metre swell more or less on our beam. Hence we roll and probably will for a couple of days.

I remember being on a bulk grain carrier brand new out of the Mitshubishi shipyard - they'd been through a massive storm and the roll indicator showed all of 3 degrees movement. I suppose oil is a different cargo than grain though. 

On the other hand, some of the grain got spilt on the quay and then it rained, by the time I got there and hooned it round the corner the result was a skidpan that was more slippery than anything I've ever known before.

It's worse for us at the moment as we aren't carrying a full load so all that oil is sloshing around inside partly loaded tanks. Biggest roll I can remember was 35 degrees on a vlcc- doesn't sound that dramatic until you calculate the bridge wing mover through an arc of 120 metres.

• Like 1

Literally every bit of gear I own is hanging up dripping all over the floors. I went out this morning and whilst there had been a light shower previously the weather was sunny and the sky looked pretty clear. I only had to go a few miles so I didn't think it would rain too much. Wrong. It lashed it down so hard traffic was brought to a standstill. Even the inside of my helmet is soaked.

Just been out again thinking it wouldn't happen twice - big mistake. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Literally every bit of gear I own is hanging up dripping all over the floors. I went out this morning and whilst there had been a light shower previously the weather was sunny and the sky looked pretty clear. I only had to go a few miles so I didn't think it would rain too much. Wrong. It lashed it down so hard traffic was brought to a standstill. Even the inside of my helmet is soaked.

Just been out again thinking it wouldn't happen twice - big mistake. 

When I got caught out in a light hailstorm last week, I ended up with water in my visor pin lock, at least the kit dries out well in the conservatory.

49 minutes ago, Mickly said:

When I got caught out in a light hailstorm last week, I ended up with water in my visor pin lock, at least the kit dries out well in the conservatory.

We had thunder in Cov this afternoon . 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, fastbob said:

We had thunder in Cov this afternoon . 

Yep, I was in the conservatory having an online meeting - it made me jump & I had to mute coz of the noise of the rain drumming down.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Wish I could go to bed. Mine is currently bouncing around thanks to some crappy weather out in the Atlantic here. Pitching and rolling so not good for sleeping.☹️

could rock you to sleep though 🤣