Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Good evening. 

Earlier this week I started using the area I’ve set up as a mini dojo / gym. I’m not really self motivated to be conscientious about exercising so I’ve announced the intention to my son, my peers, and one guy (among many) who sets high standards for fitness. Hopefully they will, between them, encourage me to get my arse off the couch and train regularly. 

This may hurt. 

Edited by Steve_M
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

Good evening. 

Earlier this week I started using the area I’ve set up as a mini dojo / gym. I’m not really self motivated to be conscientious about exercising so I’ve announced the intention to my son, my peers, and one guy (among many) who sets high standards for fitness. Hopefully they will, between them, encourage me to get my arse off the couch and train regularly. 

This may hurt. 

Tell me to do the same....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NeilM said:

Tell me to do the same....

Do it...

But make sure you pick the right audience to announce it to... you need people who are supportive and can provide expert guidance. Oh, and at least one who’ll give you a hard time if you don’t (my son, in my case). 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

Do it...

But make sure you pick the right audience to announce it to... you need people who are supportive and can provide expert guidance. Oh, and at least one who’ll give you a hard time if you don’t (my son, in my case). 

Still comedy running etc.

Just finished a horrendous month at work and still managed to tick over.

Its R lass who gives me a hard time...lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NeilM said:

Still comedy running etc.

Just finished a horrendous month at work and still managed to tick over.

Its R lass who gives me a hard time...lol

Plus.

I drunkenly said I'd turn out for a vets team. Don't want to embarass myself by searching for worms after 10 mins....

Or getting sparked on a first hit up.

1 minute ago, Bender said:

Supposed to be better tmrw, fingers crossed

Well...

How am I supposed to ride with crossed fingers????? 😂😂

• Haha 1

@NeilM  It's scary how quickly you can lose fitness without realising. A few years ago I could happily (maybe not too happily!) bang out 50 push-ups without too much effort as they were a regular part of my routine. Doubtful I'd get over 20 at moment without struggling. 

I need to get back into doing something, anything, as the only exercise I get now is at work. Thankfully I'm on my feet all day moving when I'm there as if I had a desk job feck knows how big I'd be :lol:

17 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

@NeilM  It's scary how quickly you can lose fitness without realising. A few years ago I could happily (maybe not too happily!) bang out 50 push-ups without too much effort as they were a regular part of my routine. Doubtful I'd get over 20 at moment without struggling. 

I need to get back into doing something, anything, as the only exercise I get now is at work. Thankfully I'm on my feet all day moving when I'm there as if I had a desk job feck knows how big I'd be :lol:

I'm as fit as I was 20 years ago.

Not my fault if clothes naturally shrink and stuff gets heavier... 🤔

• Haha 2