Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

2 hours ago, Steve_M said:

Good evening.

The view from today’s lunch spot. 

CD9D17A1-99A4-4DAE-B6D4-1F8359CCF034.jpeg

Is that derwent water with Keswick in the background?

56 minutes ago, oldgrump said:

Is that derwent water with Keswick in the background?

Yes. We had lunch on Blea Crag 

Edited by Steve_M
Mispelling
  • Like 1

Haha mine was spent in the Crown Hotel in peebles today,  not much of a view, 

But later walked up a hill near Tweedsmuir where we are staying 😂

20230524_164454.jpg

20230524_175101.jpg

• Like 2

Good morning :thumb:

Another great night at Sykehouse last night, some of our club members were there, and one who I haven't seen for a few months, had heard about my recent job situation, and there could be a kitchen refit in the pipeline :thumb:

• Like 4

Good morning and my lunch stop. 

IMG_20230525_121238_HDR2.thumb.jpg.33eeb91ab5d98e46c3e59a41b36bc9e7.jpg

The legendary Q for the recycling centre.

I have 25 minutes of Qing to find out if I am to late joining the Q and have missed my alloted 30 minute slot.

Don't come early you will be declined, and sent to the back of the Q with great fanfare.  I have made that mistake before.

Then find to out if you have stacked your car in the right order.

Last time I had to take a chest freezer out of the car to take out the oven, to put freezer back in to the car to drive across the car park to the right place a distance of 30 foot.

However today is my green waste and you can be parked anywhere, along the bins to carry it maybe 150 foot to the correct bin.

Rubble of course is charged per bag, not by weight so naturally you fill the bags to the max you can lift.

After some checking what type of rubble you can park next to the rubble bin. However that would be too easy.  Your instructed to take each out and put them, on the ground to wait for them to be counted. Then have to lift them back up over the 3 foot bar to get them into skip. I cannot recall if you have to our are allowed to empty the bags for reuse. There was something about that 

Job done:

The loud conversation in my ear shot as I opened my boot, was they only had 2 minutes left before the end of slot.

I had placed the garden waste bags on / around my outboard.

Lifting the bags out, an operative had spotted it.  When I came back to my car they where, just there in the background.  Hovering like vultures, as I approached my car for the final time I repositioned the outboard.  They moved closer, I put it down and shut the boot.  Looked back and they where gone, vanished into thin air.

For once it was nice to think I might of got one up on them just for a moment 

However they had there fun, the time slot had closed.  In time for a 30 minute coffee break before the next set of people to torment.

Edited by onesea
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Sorry Scotland but a lorne sausage is just not as good as a proper sausage. 8 hour drive home yesterday. Off for four days now. Might even get on the bike.

Tonight I have been driven insane by a schizophrenic with a repetitive obsession. We’ve done the same thing tonight at least 200 times. OCD on steroids. It’s now 5:49 and he’s in bed. A momentary pause before he decides to get up and do it again having completely forgotten he’s already done it over and over. I’m not going to say what he does because it’s singularly uninteresting. And I obviously have to be careful. Another hour of this and home. Back on Monday by which time things might be back to normal. Maybe. Ish.

he’s a fascinating individual. But this behaviour, when it happens drives me up the wall. But ever cheerful - obviously.

can you believe in the time it’s taken to write this. 4 more times and I’ve managed to multitask a cuppa.

Good morning :thumb:

After a little blood not so much sweat and no tears this decking job has come to an end.

(For some reason I can't attach photos, it reverts to going to the top of the page )

• Like 1

So today it’s Cov ‘v’ Luton in the Championship playoff final today at 16:45.

My stomach is churning & I can’t settle, Mrs Mickly has already said I’m doing her head in mooching around & looking lost, I may have to resort to tidying up my garage just to take my mind off things 😱

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Mickly said:

So today it’s Cov ‘v’ Luton in the Championship playoff final today at 16:45.

My stomach is churning & I can’t settle, Mrs Mickly has already said I’m doing her head in mooching around & looking lost, I may have to resort to tidying up my garage just to take my mind off things 😱

Sorry to see that Coventry lost out. Maybe next year?

Now hoping that Everton go down. 

Edited by S-Westerly
  • Like 1

On 27/05/2023 at 07:15, dynax said:

It's let me upload them :thumb:

IMG_20230526_193319.thumb.jpg.dd047a6da61f3322bce1835b32e3e2a1.jpg

IMG_20230526_193315.thumb.jpg.aa3895cb1045cbbcc78e30dee3025e4d.jpg

IMG_20230526_193311.thumb.jpg.211e72618eb85d01669023b6cc4f9f2b.jpg

IMG_20230526_193306.thumb.jpg.8c8c365176586682b21d43e0fef0b506.jpg

Only thing I would suggest for future longevity and making deck last longer is, leave a bigger gap around the edge, stops contact with walls, traps less moisture,allows it to dry quicker.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bender said:

Only thing I would suggest for future longevity and making deck last longer is, leave a bigger gap around the edge, stops contact with walls, traps less moisture,allows it to dry quicker.

Good point. It also avoids bridging the damp proof course in the walls.