Loud Exhausts

manxie49

21 minutes ago, TimR said:

You try searching for camel toe boots in a public internet cafe ..

https://cafemom.com/lifestyle/213691-camel-toe-heels-actually-exist

Thank you for posting that ! Its strange that someone would make them.

Also disturbing that you knew about them.

Have you been chatting with @dynax or @Six30 ?

Cheers

Ian

Edited by Ian Frog
Spelling !

It must be soul destroying to listen to an exhaust for a matter of seconds. Probably the worst thing that could happen in someone’s life. Me, I’m frequently reduced to tears when I hear one. It should be classified as murder because that’s what the selfish people are doing to the sky.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ian Frog said:

Thank you for posting that ! Its strange that someone would make them.

Also disturbing that you knew about them.

Have you been chatting with @dynax or @Six30 ?

Cheers

Ian

for fook sake Ian... dont put me in the same league as that weirdo...

41 minutes ago, Six30 said:

for fook sake Ian... dont put me in the same league as that weirdo...

Hey it wasn`t an insult, weirdos keep the world interesting and the mental health professionals in work.

Besides if it wasn`t for people like you and @dynax how would perverts like me be able to buy straight jackets and restraints without being thought of as weird ? 

Cheers

Ian

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Guest said:

Pod air filters at full throttle - louder than most exhaust cans.

Dogs, horses, and equestrians appreciate neither.

The future is electricity.

not on my watch Boomer

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There are noisy exhausts that sound horrible and cause distress to kittens. People tend to react negatively to these.

And there are louder exhausts that sound right and people tend to appreciate.

When I'm out on the Bobber I find traffic often moves over and people often gives me a thumbs up as I pass.

There is a huge difference between silly cans that just make a racket and a system that was properly designed to sound right 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

There are noisy exhausts that sound horrible and cause distress to kittens. People tend to react negatively to these.

When I'm out on the Bobber I find traffic often moves over and people often gives me a thumbs up as I pass.

There is a huge difference between silly cans that just make a racket and a system that was properly designed to sound right 

The multistrada  isn't exactly a tearaway's  bike but in some of our more upmarket Cotswold  villages (more Dave Cameron than Farmer Giles) on overrun when it bubbles and pops i have noticed the odd poodle and / or blue rinsed matron to snarl and yap.

As I said before, not loud exhausts, it’s not noice that annoys people. Just motorcycle it self. Even if we get electric one day, there will be hate  against the motorcycle and bikers.

Perception is that we are all outlaws, rebels. That will be difficult to change.

I got aftermarket exhaust that is on same decibels as stock one, but all my neighbours said it’s louder. Even my wife said the same. It’s useless 

9 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

The multistrada  isn't exactly a tearaway's  bike but in some of our more upmarket Cotswold  villages (more Dave Cameron than Farmer Giles) on overrun when it bubbles and pops i have noticed the odd poodle and / or blue rinsed matron to snarl and yap.

Which shows it's properly designed to sound right. 👍

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

correct :thumb:

On 05/12/2020 at 13:39, WD-40 said:

I agree 100%. People sitting in long lines of traffic are half asleep. You have to make a bit of noise or they don't see you. 

Is that noise to help you pass or to help you be noticed for your own safety?

I am not keen on being in town traffic with loud bikes as traffic tend to become unpredictable, particularly if your following a loud bike.

The main traffic for the first 30minutes to hour of my rides is of a different nature and I do like my quite exhaust.
Animals-on-the-road-in-the-New-Forest-Na

Having said that in traffic the right exhaust without doubt helps with filtering.

10 minutes ago, onesea said:

Is that noise to help you pass or to help you be noticed for your own safety?

I am not keen on being in town traffic with loud bikes as traffic tend to become unpredictable, particularly if your following a loud bike.

The main traffic for the first 30minutes to hour of my rides is of a different nature and I do like my quite exhaust.
Animals-on-the-road-in-the-New-Forest-Na

Having said that in traffic the right exhaust without doubt helps with filtering.

Loud pipes are fine, till you live somewhere where all the nice bikers go to hit the speed limit and beyond in 1St and 2nd, it's bloody anoying. We live on the edge of a city and its anoying for us and we are not even on the main road.

I can see why the noise system will be rolled out, it's because of anoying dicks.

• Like 2

We used to live on the edge of a village with a nice bendy road leading into it. You could hear the bike wailing and roaring as they hit the NSL. Can't lie. I loved it.

• Like 1

I don't have an obnoxious exhaust but it always sets of dogs when going past, it was the same on my Dorsoduro. I've had a few dogs off leads run towards me or after me which was pretty scary as thats going to hurt hitting something like a Labrador or similar/ bigger dog. 

A lovely exhaust note sounds fantastic but straight pipes, race systems on the road are a little excessive IMO. My brothers system on his RSV sets of car alarms when going past and now I drop back through built up areas as I don't want to be associated with him!