Petrol situation .

fastbob

Traffic backed up, Queues and out of service pumps abound in West Yorkshire at the moment :roll:

I'm currently isolating so hopefully will be back to normal by time I can go out again. My car is about as frugal as you can get (Toyota Aygo 1.0 litre) and has a full tank plus I've a full Jerry can in garage for lawnmower so I should be ok for a long while anyway.

If it comes to it I suppose i'll just have to walk the 1 mile commute I have to work :lol:

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, fastbob said:

I was thinking of going to the Rugby bike weekend but I don't think I've got enough gas to even go looking for any more . 

If you can make it over here I've got some I can siphon out the bikes you can have.

• Like 1

I think the collective IQ of the British population is about that of a senile frog. The media hypes a minor issue and then the population goes collectively insane. We went  bonkers over covid, now fuel. Can't wait to see what the next one will be.

• Like 2

Went to Sainsbury's in Kirkcaldy to fill for my trip to Duns tomorrow and there was only E5 available.

No idea other places around town or Glenrothes/Dunfermline stations but my guess is that they all are the same.

As long people don't start panic buying... 🙄

Can't explain why, but we passed two places this evening, both had petrol and no queues. We were close on empty so stopped to fill up; took no more than 5 minutes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bonio said:

Can't explain why, but we passed two places this evening, both had petrol and no queues. We were close on empty so stopped to fill up; took no more than 5 minutes.

Where be that? long queues in the diss area, and rationed to £20 per person at one station.

My Wife headed out last night at approx 10pm to look for fuel. The four nearest stations were all shut (usually 24hr) but she got lucky at the 5th one though they only had super unleaded left!! 😭 💰

Went for run on bike yesterday, only 90 miles of fuel in tank but filled up no problem, seemed all the no and Shell garages were empty, but the others - co-op, texaco, jet all had fuel. Queues no more than a few. This was south Shropshire. 

I passed a Texaco which had queues around the one way system..... Not bad they'd only increased the price by 10p/ltr

And I'm almost certain that the two young lads out for a ride without helmets on, the passenger had a jerry can and spyhoning kit was just nipping round to grannies to make sure she had enough fuel in her micra. 😂

• Haha 2

Filled up at Costco about an hour ago, and it was busy, but I was more or less straight in. Expected it to be quiet this morning, but the Asda next door, and the one just down the road from me had some lengthy queues already. 

Only filled up as I'd been over to Wales and back this weekend. All this because BP had a few shortages at a few filling stations...

• Like 1

On 26/09/2021 at 14:36, S-Westerly said:

Isle of Wight seems okay. Filled the car at Sainsbury and minimal queue. 

Just fill up before you hit the mainland, New Forest, Southampton Bournemouth are all challenging for fuel.

it may resolve over night surely there is only so much you can stockpile?  Unless less fuel is being delivered 🤔