War in europe?

Bender

Poland and Sweden have refused to play Russia In World Cup and Turkey says it will block Russian warships in black sea that's a pretty strong statement by Turkey. 

France has taken a Russian cargo ship into port, its suspected to belong to a company on sanctions list, Russian embassy wants to know why... I would say what ship, never seen it, maybe the crew went on holiday. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Old-codger said:

I wouldnt sign up for Boris or any other moronic politician but I would fight for my country and do all I could until the bitter end.

I hope the people of Ukraine defeat this murdering scum. 

Ditto .... As a former soldier it goes without saying for me,  but like you, I certainly wouldn't be doing it for Bojo or any over privileged politician. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 23/02/2022 at 09:42, S-Westerly said:

My current crew has both Russians and Ukrainians so that's going to be an interesting dynamic. Also my Chief Mate is a Latvian and really doesn't like Russians so I suspect I'll be having to try and keep the peace. The guy I'm relieving is a Russian too.

Really newer had any problem on board with different nationalities. We have 70 to 80 different nationalities on board and all is ok. There is the bigger or smaller conflict everywhere on earth at every moment and all our crew were always normal. Maybe at home they will be different but here on board all is ok.

we have few mixed couples on board Russians with Ukrainian and they are still ok, normal people.

maybe on cruise ships things are bit different than on cargo 

• Like 1

I suspect those, like myself, those that would fight, and possibly die, for our country are are in the minority.

The days of 19 year olds, fighting the in the air, on sea and on land, en mass, are gone.

Too many would be worried about being “triggered”, “stressed” or “outside their safe space” ...

I mean fight for trans rights .. of fight for your country .... mmm 

I can see the people of Barnsley, Rotherham, Newcastle, Manchester, Cardiff, Glasgow ... making ied's and molotov cocktails.

But .... but, ..Bristol, Oxford, London, Cambridge ... Surrey

There are fanatical religious groups , well entrenched in the UK, that would welcome any enemy of the indigenous population with open arms and full co-operation ... I suspect.

I am in contact with my friend Andrey in Kirov, his wife and girls have gone to his parents in the south of the country, he is staying to fight, he’s 64 ... but won’t leave ..... 

fullsizeoutput_488.jpeg

Edited by Trooper74
kiufufioh
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Trooper74 said:

I suspect those, like myself, those that would fight, and possibly die, for our country are are in the minority.

The days of 19 year olds, fighting the in the air, on sea and on land, en mass, are gone.

Too many would be worried about being “triggered”, “stressed” or “outside their safe space” ...

I mean fight for trans rights .. of fight for your country .... mmm 

I can see the people of Barnsley, Rotherham, Newcastle, Manchester, Cardiff, Glasgow ... making ied's and molotov cocktails.

But .... but, ..Bristol, Oxford, London, Cambridge ... Surrey

There are fanatical religious groups , well entrenched in the UK, that would welcome any enemy of the indigenous population with open arms and full co-operation ... I suspect.

I am in contact with my friend Andrey in Kirov, his wife and girls have gone to his parents in the south of the country, he is staying to fight, he’s 64 ... but won’t leave ..... 

fullsizeoutput_488.jpeg

You do come out with some utter bollocks 😆

So the North and Scotland would fight but the rest of us would just give up?

No-one knows how it would go down but as Putin has Nuclear weapons it's rather a moot point.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Liveware Problem said:

No-one knows how it would go down but as Putin has Nuclear weapons it's rather a moot point.

Unfortunately for me (and I suppose my family), we're just outside the "certain immediate death zone" of a nuke if Vlad decided to donk the 'murcin bases.

We'd have to therefore endure our final days growing two heads and puking up our insidey bits... Which will make a change from the norm.

But yeah, utter bollocks, spot on. I've played enough PUBG to be an ace with a sniper rifle. All I need to do is wait for an airdrop with an AWM and an 8x scope and I'll sorted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Liveware Problem said:

The North will fight any one for anything, you just love to here those words when your out.... We're you looking at wor lass.... There is no answer that won't end in a fight. 

Back to the reality of war, until it lands on your doorstep its just make believe and so far removed from normality its hard to grasp. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Is Putin mad enough to step foot in Poland .... that wont end well for any of us

Probably not, but with enough dis information and a little bit of help with an internal uprising in some of the smaller baltic states and jobs a good un, as for Finland he can march right in. 

4 hours ago, Marino said:

Really newer had any problem on board with different nationalities. We have 70 to 80 different nationalities on board and all is ok. There is the bigger or smaller conflict everywhere on earth at every moment and all our crew were always normal. Maybe at home they will be different but here on board all is ok.

we have few mixed couples on board Russians with Ukrainian and they are still ok, normal people.

maybe on cruise ships things are bit different than on cargo 

Seafarers seem to be a different breed on this, most tend to be very tolerant when at sea.  Those that aren’t tend not to last at sea. 
There are notable exceptions but these tend to be within races/ nationalities where cast or social standing at home comes to play…

11 hours ago, KiwiBob said:

I wonder if we were in the same situation as Ukraine and Boris Johnson made a call to arms, would be killed in the rush if ?

I was discussing this at work today, my thoughts are Britain is an island so we have no easy way out we would have little choice but to stay and fight.

As I understand War has changed, Troops on the ground are of little use is they are just going to be cannon fodder.  Given the situation in Ukraine you need the tools to fight, anti tank and anti aircraft the weapons to take on artillery placements.

I am aware there are those on here more in the know militarily than myself that might correct me..

As a child I lived in a war... teachers, Mums, children ... Men  .. blown up, killed, mutilated, assassinated ...strangers, friends, family ...

At 17 I left home to join the “occupying forces” ...

And 3 years later returned home, in combats, L1A1 in hand .... to fight my fight ..

Possibly my “bollocks”  are very different from your  “bollocks” ..

Edited by Trooper74

19 minutes ago, Trooper74 said:

As a child I lived in a war... teachers, Mums, children ... Men  .. blown up, killed, mutilated, assassinated ...strangers, friends, family ...

At 17 I left home to join the “occupying forces” ...

And 3 years later returned home, in combats, L1A1 in hand .... to fight my fight ..

Possibly my “bollocks”  are very different from your  “bollocks” ..

From who's, you've probably got 2 just like every other bloke. 

My uncle was in 2nd ww was an up beat happy go lucky fella, my cousin did 1 tour of NI and turned into an alcoholic wreck of man, every one takes things differently. 

Lets not descend into a local willy waving contest we've got a big enough dick causing enough problems in Ukraine at the mo. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, fastbob said:

No more depressing than any of his other control mechanisms. 

Some head to security for gazprom has killed himself cough cough. 

USA offered to extract Ukrainian president, he said he needs weapons not a ride, I fear it will end badly for him. 

• Like 1