What you doing this weekend?

rennie

44 minutes ago, dynax said:

The Forest of Bowland ride out is off, instead it has been replaced with a ride around the Yorkshire Dales, but I might have to miss this one as the route start and return are via the A1(M), unless they change route or I go my own way and meet up somewhere and make my own way back home :thumb:

why dont you do your test ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dynax said:

The Forest of Bowland ride out is off, instead it has been replaced with a ride around the Yorkshire Dales, but I might have to miss this one as the route start and return are via the A1(M), unless they change route or I go my own way and meet up somewhere and make my own way back home :thumb:

You cant miss the Yorkshire Dales. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Six30 said:

why dont you do your test ?

I will be doing but will have to wait till end of the year/next year.

1 hour ago, Pie man said:

You cant miss the Yorkshire Dales. 

It was my old stomping ground nearly every weekend growing up was spent in the Dales.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dynax said:

Now is as good a time as any . 

Screenshot_20210817-200604.png

• Like 2

Family BBQ as it's my burpday next week, first year of my 30s done. 

Got some friends coming up from London as well, almost feels dirty to admit to having friends over after the year we've had in the pandemic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dynax said:

I will be doing but will have to wait till end of the year/next year.

It was my old stomping ground nearly every weekend growing up was spent in the Dales.

We often head to Grassington for a brew, then head over to Masham, Aysgarth and Hawes. Some fantastic roads and brew stops.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pie man said:

We often head to Grassington for a brew, then head over to Masham, Aysgarth and Hawes. Some fantastic roads and brew stops.

I might go out that way anyway even if I don't go on the club ride, it has been a long time since I was out that way.

• Like 1

On 16/08/2021 at 07:48, fastbob said:

A very enjoyable weekend . I got it into my head to go to Wales on Saturday afternoon so I grabbed just the basics for a one night camp and set off . 

IMG_20210814_202728789.jpg

Looks like the the Elan Valley estate, the mountain road from Rhayader to Devils Bridge, about a mile after the turning to the dams?

3 hours ago, Six30 said:

new bike coming Bob ?

No mate not for me , I'm trying to get our friend Mr Dynax to step up to a big boy bike . 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Turbogirlie said:

Looks like the the Elan Valley estate, the mountain road from Rhayader to Devils Bridge, about a mile after the turning to the dams?

Perfect . 

Screenshot_20210818-110323.png

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, dynax said:

One day it will happen :thumb:

One day they will turn off the petrol . It's a shame you can't get a test ride on a Sportster . These things are such a laugh to ride . I'm sure that you would be instantly hooked . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fastbob said:

One day they will turn off the petrol . It's a shame you can't get a test ride on a Sportster . These things are such a laugh to ride . I'm sure that you would be instantly hooked . 

I have sat on a couple of different HD's at the club bike nights and with the engine running too.

10 hours ago, fastbob said:

No mate not for me , I'm trying to get our friend Mr Dynax to step up to a big boy bike . 

i see.... yes he is well overdue to step up.

10 hours ago, Six30 said:

i see.... yes he is well overdue to step up.

I will be stepping up in the near future, but I have had comments about Xena and the way that we can outride others on bigger bikes, and that they had to really turn on the power to keep up going through the twisties :lol::thumb:

1 hour ago, dynax said:

I will be stepping up in the near future, but I have had comments about Xena and the way that we can outride others on bigger bikes, and that they had to really turn on the power to keep up going through the twisties :lol::thumb:

Star trek GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

• Like 1

Up early tomorrow to sadly get on public transport to go collect my new to me Tracer 700. I'll be putting pictures up just for Stu as he's a little sensitive about posts about new bikes without pictures 😂

The joke part is that the 700 was more expesive than the 900 to insure, but I just didn't feel right on the 900. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fish said:

Up early tomorrow to sadly get on public transport to go collect my new to me Tracer 700. I'll be putting pictures up just for Stu as he's a little sensitive about posts about new bikes without pictures 😂

The joke part is that the 700 was more expesive than the 900 to insure, but I just didn't feel right on the 900. 

What didn't feel right on the 900……… 

Good luck picking up the 7 👍 

3 hours ago, Fish said:

:worthless:

:lol:

Hope all goes well :thumb:

• Haha 2

Working, so as per usual my weekend is just part of a normal working week. However, yesterday I collected my wad of euros and on Tuesday the Africa Twin is having a minor service, oil and both filters (it has 2 oil filters) plus new brake fluid. It has also had a new rear tyre. A Conti trail attack, it lasted almost 8500 miles. The front is fine, but will probably need replacing at the end of the winter. 8 more night shifts to go.

• Like 3