What you doing this weekend?

rennie

44 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Wishing I was home. At least another month to go and I'm already at the end of my official period on board. Not a happy camper.

Where are you at the moment mate?

Really exotic here. Power station in the middle of industrial west Yorkshire....lol

4 hours ago, NeilM said:

Where are you at the moment mate?

Really exotic here. Power station in the middle of industrial west Yorkshire....lol

About 60 miles south of Sri Lanka heading towards the Malacca Straits. Arrive in Malaysia next Friday AGW. At least the weathers nice!

19 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

About 60 miles south of Sri Lanka heading towards the Malacca Straits. Arrive in Malaysia next Friday AGW. At least the weathers nice!

Aye. 

Could be worse.

Could be heading to Hull🤣

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, NeilM said:

Aye. 

Could be worse.

Could be heading to Hull🤣

Actually Immingham isn't bad as oil terminals go. In happier non-Covid times they used to let my wife bring the grandsons on board. Quite pleasant all round.

1 hour ago, S-Westerly said:

Actually Immingham isn't bad as oil terminals go. In happier non-Covid times they used to let my wife bring the grandsons on board. Quite pleasant all round.

Thats nice.

Bloke on our site at the coast works out of Immingham.  Lives in Hull but spends 6 month of the year in Hornsea.  Other 6 at sea...lol

With our working patterns we have a pint together once a year....

• Like 1

Applecross viewpoint today.

Not sure if is the bike or just me having a period of bad luck. First wet Cornwall now this... 🙄 🥴

IMG_20210717_142233.thumb.jpg.1d7817aaf305ef3657c27d7145df52c8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Went for a little trip up north to about 15 miles north or Morpeth for a weekends clay shooting, so wasn't on the bike. Beautiful part of the world, some cracking roads if you're in that neck of the woods.

Will certainly be having a tour up that way if I can every get a quote that's not going to bankrupt me. 

On 17/07/2021 at 22:39, husoi said:

Applecross viewpoint today.

Not sure if is the bike or just me having a period of bad luck. First wet Cornwall now this... 🙄 🥴

IMG_20210717_142233.thumb.jpg.1d7817aaf305ef3657c27d7145df52c8.jpg

Can't win 'em all . 

IMG_20210621_172927380_HDR.jpg

Edited by fastbob
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Fish said:

Went for a little trip up north to about 15 miles north or Morpeth for a weekends clay shooting, so wasn't on the bike. Beautiful part of the world, some cracking roads if you're in that neck of the woods.

Will certainly be having a tour up that way if I can every get a quote that's not going to bankrupt me. 

My parents and cousin live in Morpeth so visit fairly often.  Some decent roads particularly if you head west towards Rothbury etc.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

drowning my sorrows this weekend as I prepare to go back to work on Monday :( 

its hardly work , touching up Olive all day.

Break up for 2 weeks on Fri morning :classic_biggrin:

Pre birthday drinks Fri and Sat at ours (various family at various times):cheers:

Got a camp site near Snowdon and a steam train ride booked for 3 days and a surprise day out (I've no idea)

The rest will probably be doing stuff at home and hopefully even riding my bike :yay:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rennie said:

Break up for 2 weeks on Fri morning :classic_biggrin:

Pre birthday drinks Fri and Sat at ours (various family at various times):cheers:

Got a camp site near Snowdon and a steam train ride booked for 3 days and a surprise day out (I've no idea)

The rest will probably be doing stuff at home and hopefully even riding my bike :yay:

One hell of a steam train ride :thumb:

• Haha 1

Off to Belfast .....

Sunday morning 5am, bike packed up the night before set off along the M18 / A1 north bound. Warm, but cool air full of moisture and the smells of early morning sat around 65 mph ... no rush, 1530 ferry from Cairnryan, breakfast planned for the Rooster in Penrith. Filled up Scotch Corner then off along the A66 to Penrith. 

Got to Penrith a lot earlier than planned to find the cafe closed ....

Got to Carlisle a lot earlier than planned to top up fuel ....

20210718_075815.thumb.jpg.5e8372a8389521514ea6c4a46c6afdec.jpg

Realised that even with my gentle progress i was going to arrive at Cairnryan just after 10.00hrs  !

THE 11.30HRS FERRY ...

Arrived at Cairnryan, went to check-in, explained i was early , the nice people at Stena sent me through onto the ferry ... result.

Off at Belfast. Ride 30 miles to sisters. Drink beer and eat food with her and her husband Steve. Bed for midnight.

2 meetings with railway companies on Monday morning then Janet and I went down the Ards peninsula to a small beach just south of Cloughy and spent the afternoon swimming. Home, beer, food, bed. Lovely day.

5am Monday.

Ride to the ferry port in Belfast ... empty roads and soft warmth.

20210720_061036.thumb.jpg.8eb06b6f4d1b71962360935458c76e3e.jpg

20210720_061259.thumb.jpg.c57258636912e64b7eed5692be291a0a.jpg

8 other bikers on the return trip, including 2, 12 year old pillions, off with there dads touring around Scotland for a few days.

We pushed some tables together in the ships cafe and all had breakfast together chatting, sleeping and marvelling at people walking around the outer decks of a ship in the middle of the North Channel wearing masks ... must have been anti- mackerel masks we decided.

The ride home was hot, sweaty and uncomfortable .... 32 deg c air temp, engine temp steady between 39- 41 deg c, usually 24 - 26 deg. Glad to get home strip off kit and jump in shower ... 

611 miles of motorcycling pleasure .... made a change from getting rained on ...

Edited by Trooper74
  • Like 5

After creating ventilation on my diy phone holder

667805410_Phonebox2.thumb.jpg.f1bb94939772d8370cb50547c89f0c30.jpg

1378502394_Phonebox5.thumb.jpg.1f11147d46373773a5dab046dc111a18.jpg

This weekend I'll be fitting this beauty onto the Shadow.

Together with the relay so it will power down when ignition is off.

Comes with voltmeter, temp and 2 USB ports.

Not bad for under £10 :thumb: 

1467380803_USBcharger.thumb.jpg.23ee88aadf6c612628e33a99bbff5eab.jpg

Edited by husoi