What you doing this weekend?

rennie

11 hours ago, Bender said:

What didn't feel right on the 900……… 

Good luck picking up the 7 👍 

I just didn't feel comfortable with the power delivery, being almost double what I had ridden to that point. 

I had played with the 3 modes, maybe (rightly or not) I was too nervous of it

• Like 1

Planned my next ride out for this coming Sunday, going clockwise again starting from Donny and hopefully some drier weather and can get the full ride videoed:thumb:

852488911_Rideoutroute29-08-2021.thumb.png.874adecbfd9047b24e83e6980e4cba27.png

Should have said if anyone wants to join just let me know, I will be leaving approx 8am :thumb:

I should also say no sat nav is being used, the whole ride will be from following road signs so there could be some changes along the way :lol:

Edited by dynax
  • Like 1

Well assuming tomorrow's plan goes according to schedule in the well known tourist destination of the Cabinda Enclave in Angola by next weekend I may be plotting my escape from this mighty vessel hopefully from Las Palmas. Reasonably optimistic although given the 2 epic fails so far I'm not placing any bets just yet. I'm hoping 3rd time lucky but........

• Like 3

5 hours ago, dynax said:

Planned my next ride out for this coming Sunday, going clockwise again starting from Donny and hopefully some drier weather and can get the full ride videoed:thumb:

Should have said if anyone wants to join just let me know, I will be leaving approx 8am :thumb:

I should also say no sat nav is being used, the whole ride will be from following road signs so there could be some changes along the way :lol:

Wolds way cafe is almost on that route, Check it out :thumb: 

• Like 1

The cunning plan is still on although somewhat delayed. We get to spend an additional  2 days in this tropical paradise. A mucky grey sea courtesy of the Congo River belching out god knows what foulness into the sea and that sea studded with oil rigs. XR and Greenpeace would not appreciate it. Turns out the cargo isn't yet ready as they are having to try and remove some of the H2S from it. Can't complain as that's nasty stuff.

• Like 3

Right then.

In the hope that the hospital will let my Dad out over the weekend I have booked into a pub in Dorchester near his flat and the hospital.

Because the world and his wife and dogs appear to be staying on the south coast I am certainly not using the car regardless of weather, So if anyone is down that way Sunday evening it would be nice to chat and share a beer before the torture that will be a bank holiday Monday schlep back up to the midlands.

Oh I will be using the Busa as a form of anger management lol.

Cheers

Ian

Edited by Ian Frog
I am a prat !
  • Like 2

2 gigs over the weekend. 

Saturday and Sunday. 

Shed 7 plus some fantastic support acts on the Saturday. 

The specials on Sunday. 

First gigs since covid. 

Very excited 

• Like 3

We’re down in the COVID Capital that is Newquay - so the weekend will be spent trying to have a fab hols while keeping others at the end of a barge pole.

Weathers gonna be good, so lots of sitting around the van I think, with the odd Rattler 🍺

On 21/08/2021 at 06:52, Gerontious said:

Working, so as per usual my weekend is just part of a normal working week. However, yesterday I collected my wad of euros and on Tuesday the Africa Twin is having a minor service, oil and both filters (it has 2 oil filters) plus new brake fluid. It has also had a new rear tyre. A Conti trail attack, it lasted almost 8500 miles. The front is fine, but will probably need replacing at the end of the winter. 8 more night shifts to go.

See the source image

22 hours ago, Fish said:

@Mickly pop across to Morgan Porth and visit Pete and the team at Kingsurf for some lessons. Top bunch and you'll have a blast.

Thanks, but I’ve tried surfing several times & concluded that it’s just a quick way to get a cold salt water enema while drowning!!

So maybe I’ll give them a call 🤣🤣

• Haha 3

On 23/08/2021 at 16:32, dynax said:

I might have a ride over to Grassington - not been there for at least 6 years. 

8 hours ago, Pie man said:

I might have a ride over to Grassington - not been there for at least 6 years. 

I am postponing my ride till next weekend, got my new keyboard coming on Sunday plus the roads will be busy being bank holiday weekend :thumb:

• Like 1

Just finished my latest project 🙂

Someone told me that the back of the shadow was a bit boring and "naked" so I decided to make something different.

Took me a couple weeks, mainly because of the different materials delivery times.

I'm very happy with the whole process.

904001807_tigerheadfinal.thumb.jpg.a5bb5d88f69fbc97c28b1864d42086b4.jpg

Done in polycarbonate sheets as they are virtually undestructible.

Used a vinyl sticker as stencil and black spray paint.

The lighting is with 3mm LED's connected to the tail light.

It's made of a 2mm sheet where the tiger is painted and a 5mm sheet where I installed the LED's.

The LED's are connected in series of 3 and a 2.7 kohm resistors.

IMG_20210822_190057.thumb.jpg.c2d413cec371dd984539733a4968dce9.jpg

The rear of the 5mm sheet is sanded to reflect the light.

• Like 2

On 26/08/2021 at 21:09, Fish said:

Offered 3 lots of different overtime with work..... rejected them all as I need to clean the bike after last nights ride. 😂

fook me ...how dirty did you get it !!

• Haha 1

I am going back down to Dorchester to see Dad in hospital tomorrow and as I am not overfond of tank bags I decided to try a Rhinowalk tailpack and I have to say I am very impressed.

A rip off of more expensive systems but I like the flexibility.

Check them out and I would be interested in your opinions.

Cheers

Ian

Edited by Ian Frog