What you doing this weekend?

rennie

6 hours ago, Tiggie said:

Apart from a 3 hour evening shift on Saturday I have the house to myself until Monday :cheers:

So will probably waste it watching old movies the Wife can't usually stand :lol:

Time spent well indeed 👍

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tiggie said:

Apart from a 3 hour evening shift on Saturday I have the house to myself until Monday :cheers:

So will probably waste it watching old movies the Wife can't usually stand :lol:

Debbie does Dallas? 

No wonder she doesn't like them 😁 

On 27/08/2022 at 20:11, Mickly said:

Tomorrow I am going to Caffeine & Machine for a CRK (Cafe Racer Kit ) meet up - they sent me a free ticket.

Unfortunately my particular example is still with Road & Race Performance waiting for its  Dyno assessment, so I will be on the Speedtriple,

I've been past this place loads of times but Ive never ventured in because I've read so many conflicting reports concerning the welcome that awaits . Maybe the bad reviews are from car drivers but I understand that you may or may not be charged just for parking depending on whether your vehicle is deemed to be interesting or not . Something like that . 

7 hours ago, fastbob said:

I've been past this place loads of times but Ive never ventured in because I've read so many conflicting reports concerning the welcome that awaits . Maybe the bad reviews are from car drivers but I understand that you may or may not be charged just for parking depending on whether your vehicle is deemed to be interesting or not . Something like that . 

If I hadn’t got a free ticket I wouldn’t have bothered. Wasn’t overly impressed.

You have to pre-book a 3 hour slot & pay on certain days it’s £5 for a bike & you get £2:50 off food or drink (£10 for a car).

9 hours ago, fastbob said:

When I've been I avoid weekends and tend to go early. Otherwise it can be carnage and people riding/driving silly on the local roads close to the venue which is a shame for the locals 

Nasty accident on way over to St Neots, looks like a bike and winnibago had a coming together. Enough people there for me not to get involved (trained first aider and first responder trained) so carried on for my brekkie

8 hours ago, Mickly said:

If I hadn’t got a free ticket I wouldn’t have bothered. Wasn’t overly impressed.

You have to pre-book a 3 hour slot & pay on certain days it’s £5 for a bike & you get £2:50 off food or drink (£10 for a car).

Well they know where they can stick that then . Have you checked out Huggie,s Speed Shop ? 

1 hour ago, fastbob said:

Well they know where they can stick that then . Have you checked out Huggie,s Speed Shop ? 

Not yet, but I’ve heard good things

Some people go on to there after a Wednesday morning at Hoar Oark.

Edited by Mickly

16 hours ago, Mickly said:

Not yet, but I’ve heard good things

Some people go on to there after a Wednesday morning at Hoar Oark.

Some people still work 9 - 5 ..

On 01/09/2022 at 17:53, fastbob said:

So who's going to join me NEXT WEEKEND at Coventry Motofest ?  The Ride In this year begins assembling at Draycot Water near Rugby at around 07:30 and departs for Coventry at 09:30 . All bikes are welcome . When you arrive in Coventry there will be plenty to see and do as the whole City Centre will be full of vintage and custom vehicles . I understand that there will be a return to live displays on the Coventry Ring Road . Here's some pics from last year's event. 

IMG_20210724_100500065.jpg

IMG_20210724_100519700.jpg

IMG_20210724_100527248.jpg

IMG_20210724_122719647.jpg

IMG_20210724_100714032.jpg

I'm aiming to be at Draycote for 08.30

1 hour ago, billy sugger said:

I'm aiming to be at Draycote for 08.30

I'll be a bit earlier . I'm guessing your going to be on your CBF . 

On 01/09/2022 at 17:53, fastbob said:

So who's going to join me NEXT WEEKEND at Coventry Motofest ?  The Ride In this year begins assembling at Draycot Water near Rugby at around 07:30 and departs for Coventry at 09:30 . All bikes are welcome . When you arrive in Coventry there will be plenty to see and do as the whole City Centre will be full of vintage and custom vehicles . I understand that there will be a return to live displays on the Coventry Ring Road . Here's some pics from last year's event. 

IMG_20210724_100500065.jpg

IMG_20210724_100519700.jpg

IMG_20210724_100527248.jpg

IMG_20210724_122719647.jpg

IMG_20210724_100714032.jpg

@fastbob @Ian Frog @billy sugger It’s  been postponed 

Just now, Ian Frog said:

@Mickly Thank you very much for letting us know.

Oh well back to the plastering lol.

Cheers

Ian

If there's no chance of rain on Sunday , are you up for a meet up at some equidistant location or even further afield ? 

1 hour ago, Ian Frog said:

Quite possibly Bob but I will need to see how I get on with the plastering etc on Saturday.

I will drop you a whats app on Sat afternoon.

Cheers

Ian

Great . 

I was going to Cov Motofest. 

Ah well, now I can say in and wait for my new mirrors. Bike toppled off the sidestand at work this morning. Broken clutch lever, OK I have a spare, bent gear change lever, taken off and straightened at work, busted mirror danm, new one ordered from SBS, express delivery tomorrow 

• Sad 4

I shall be traveling to various towers to raise the Union Flag to full mast for the Accession, then back to half mast tomorrow morning. Plus a wedding. And my wife is entering a Bakewell tart in our village show. I have been eating the various trial bakes so my riding jeans have mysteriously shrunk this week. And lunch with our younger daughter who expecting our second grandchild in November. 

• Like 2

Was going away, but Stepdaughter moved house yesterday & although I woke up absolutely fcuk’d this morning from helping I am now re-assembling furniture as her fella has had to go to work …. A bit too convenient I think 🤔 & she can’t find the coffee !!! 

• Haha 1

Had a busy morning checking and packing for trip down to the Italian alps, all sorted now just got to put the bags into the panniers and top box for a 5am start in the morning.

A few beers this afty then a curry and early night, a little bit excited now. 😆

• Like 5