What you doing this weekend?

rennie

Last weekend ... ( been busy ) ... 

Sunday afternoon ... Ride the mighty RE Himalayan ...Rotherham .. M1 ..M69 .. FOSSE WAY .... Cirencester / Chippenham .... 175 miles.

Sunday evening ... check into hotel, meet colleague at Chippenham Premier inn and have dinner.

Monday morning .. business meeting in Melksham ..

Monday afternoon ... Ride the mighty RE Himalayan home ... 175 miles ...

All paid for by the company .... including an oil change .... 🥳

The amazing aircraft scrapyard at Kemble is a sight (site) to behold;

PHOTO-2022-06-19-18-45-26.thumb.jpg.2b1fbfc0da503d113cb1fe9d6c2d2ed9.jpg

Edited by Trooper74
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I can get plastic jars if there's serious interest in shipping honey. I think the minimum order is 100 jars. 

🤔 I would take 2 that leaves 98 to go, maybe start a honey thread 😁 

On 25/06/2022 at 16:10, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I've been checking my bees. One colony have gone mad with making honey. I've had to add more supers and strap the whole lot down. The ladders are there because I moved the heaviest supers to the top so it's top heavy. 

There is a clearer board under the top three supers, each containing about 30lb of honey. So tomorrow those will be empty of bees and I can extract the honey. 

The clearer board is like a one way valve. Bees can move down but not back up.

I extracted one lot during the week and put the sign out this afternoon. Five minutes later I'd sold five jars. People watch out for the sign so I'll probably have a busy evening.

There are seven supers on that colony, each capable of holding 30lb of honey so that's a total capacity of around 210lb. It has to sit on a steel plate to stop it sinking into the ground. 

I don't have an electric extractor so I do it by hand. I'll look like Popeye by Monday.

IMG_20220625_154050307.jpg

Wow. Thats awesome.

4 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I can get plastic jars if there's serious interest in shipping honey. I think the minimum order is 100 jars. 

I think that @Hoggs should add you to the tags list. That way we can all get a tag and you can sell loads of honey. 😉👍

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Id have some please 😊

1 hour ago, Trooper74 said:

Last weekend ... ( been busy ) ... 

Sunday afternoon ... Ride the mighty RE Himalayan ...Rotherham .. M1 ..M69 .. FOSSE WAY .... Cirencester / Chippenham .... 175 miles.

Sunday evening ... check into hotel, meet colleague at Chippenham Premier inn and have dinner.

Monday morning .. business meeting in Melksham ..

Monday afternoon ... Ride the mighty RE Himalayan home ... 175 miles ...

All paid for by the company .... including an oil change .... 🥳

The amazing aircraft scrapyard at Kemble is a sight (site) to behold;

PHOTO-2022-06-19-18-45-26.thumb.jpg.2b1fbfc0da503d113cb1fe9d6c2d2ed9.jpg

The twisties on the road to, from & past Kemble are awesome 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Bender said:

Prescot is a great hill climb 😁 

Yes not been before I'd say better than Shelsley Walsh better for spectating. I'll certainly be back next year, the sidecars were great, you could have a go as passenger for £15 as long as you had full motorcycle clobber. Fees went to the freewheelers too. 

• Like 2

1640227152_HarleyFatboy1.thumb.jpg.ae0cfa128dfe9968e35499e226f1c812.jpg1613608462_HarleyFatboy2.thumb.jpg.38e7f1661b1ff72fde2e1449aad08c41.jpg723885461_HarleyFatboyfront.thumb.jpg.431b61317f62dbb2bbdb360f1f253d2f.jpgI really should stop visiting bike dealers lol.

2005 Busa definately up for sale now and talking to a gentleman I know about my Dyna Super glide as well.

Cheers

Ian

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ian Frog said:

1640227152_HarleyFatboy1.thumb.jpg.ae0cfa128dfe9968e35499e226f1c812.jpg1613608462_HarleyFatboy2.thumb.jpg.38e7f1661b1ff72fde2e1449aad08c41.jpg723885461_HarleyFatboyfront.thumb.jpg.431b61317f62dbb2bbdb360f1f253d2f.jpgI really should stop visiting bike dealers lol.

2005 Busa definately up for sale now and talking to a gentleman I know about my Dyna Super glide as well.

Cheers

Ian

That's a proper back tyre! 

32 minutes ago, MikeHorton said:

Yes not been before I'd say better than Shelsley Walsh better for spectating. I'll certainly be back next year, the sidecars were great, you could have a go as passenger for £15 as long as you had full motorcycle clobber. Fees went to the freewheelers too. 

Been up it a good few times, almost lost it once but if your not pushing what's the point 😁 

• Haha 1

Had an awesome day. Hubs on his vespa and me on the nc23 went for brekkie this morning to our favourite place then popped into the Delph at Eccleston to see whats what as we've never been before. I want to do some swims there and id also like to go to the motorbike meet there on a Thurs eve.  Gorgeous morning if not a tad windy !!! We then went to watch Top Gun. I hate the cinema because i find it way too loud. I have solved that problem now as i took my loop earplugs and it was perfect.

Went to allotment on way home and rescued my polytunnel!!! It was on its way next door. 

All in all an excellent day 😀 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mickly said:

The twisties on the road to, from & past Kemble are awesome 

My home area. A while back there where so many 747's at Kemble they were complaining there was no space. Chopped them quite fast.

I've been extracting honey all morning, now comes the job of cleaning all the equipment. It's a sticky job!

I've looked into posting a 454g / 1lb jar and for a packing box plus postage (£3.35 Royal Mail small parcel) it's coming to just under £4 a jar which makes it a bit expensive. If you're looking for local honey you'll probably find it cheaper to buy it from someone nearer. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I've been extracting honey all morning, now comes the job of cleaning all the equipment. It's a sticky job!

I've looked into posting a 454g / 1lb jar and for a packing box plus postage (£3.35 Royal Mail small parcel) it's coming to just under £4 a jar which makes it a bit expensive. If you're looking for local honey you'll probably find it cheaper to buy it from someone nearer. 

Been having a look at pricing for local Kentish honey and it's around £6+ for a 340g (worst I've found is £6.75 for 227g) plus shipping, so I'd take a couple from you if you do decide to do it for us greedy gits. ;)

30 minutes ago, Fish said:

Been having a look at pricing for local Kentish honey and it's around £6+ for a 340g (worst I've found is £6.75 for 227g) plus shipping, so I'd take a couple from you if you do decide to do it for us greedy gits. ;)

I know that sound steep but as Jeremy Clarkson found out it costs over £10 to produce 1 pound of honey. It's an expensive game producing proper honey. 

A local farmer sprayed the field next to my bees and I lost my queens so that's another £150 to put that right.

I'll have a look and see what I can do. I'm working away for the next week or so.....I'll look into it when I can. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

A local farmer sprayed the field next to my bees and I lost my queens so that's another £150 to put that right.

Now that would tick me off a bit. No wonder wild bees are under threat with the spray everything mob on the rampage. Rivers are also in a dire mess due to excessive phosphate runoff from over fertilised fields.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Now that would tick me off a bit. No wonder wild bees are under threat with the spray everything mob on the rampage. Rivers are also in a dire mess due to excessive phosphate runoff from over fertilised fields.

Her Majesty's government....being the fount of all wisdom and common sense, allowed the use of previously banned insecticides this year. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1