What you doing this weekend?

rennie

22 minutes ago, dynax said:

I certainly was, was at Seaways then onto Brid for some fish and chips :thumb:

Then came back towards Driffield then in to Bainton on the way back? At around 3 ish? 

Just now, Stu said:

Then came back towards Driffield then in to Bainton on the way back? At around 3 ish? 

Yes, I remember going past the showground :thumb:

1 minute ago, dynax said:

Yes, I remember going past the showground :thumb:

As you come in to Bainton me and a mate was behind the car that was behind you! 

I thought it was you but didn't want to risk overtaking everything to catch up as its well policed at times 

Right at this moment, suffering from heat exhaustion. Saw 30c today. Didn’t quite make it to Austria. Currently in the Algau. Not far from Fussen.  Crossing into Austria tomorrow and then into Italy.

FCA9FDD3-F5B2-4387-9302-EAD421C68321.jpeg

96A609B1-FEA2-4824-98A0-C89915FF3B37.jpeg

F3DB556A-7143-449C-AE64-0B4124A0BBD1.png

Edited by Gerontious
  • Like 3

Had a run out on the KTM - Starting from the Veterans Cafe next to City Airport (Barton) and headed over Warburton Bridge to Arley Green, around and over to Tatton Park and Manchester Airport, from there over to Macclesfield - Cat 'n' Fiddle - A54 and back to Mac and followed the same route back to Barton. Nice little 4hr run - flask of tea and a couple of rich tea biscuits 🤣

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pie man said:

Had a run out on the KTM - Starting from the Veterans Cafe next to City Airport (Barton) and headed over Warburton Bridge to Arley Green, around and over to Tatton Park and Manchester Airport, from there over to Macclesfield - Cat 'n' Fiddle - A54 and back to Mac and followed the same route back to Barton. Nice little 4hr run - flask of tea and a couple of rich tea biscuits 🤣

A flask ! That's something I could really do with when I'm touring . It would save the hassle of getting the Jet Boil out to brew up . 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Pie man said:

Flask is an essential for the wife and I Sounds like a great ride out gerontius beats us all with that journey! 

Edited by MikeHorton

12 minutes ago, MikeHorton said:

Flask is an essential for the wife and I Sounds like a great ride out gerontius beats us all with that journey! 

He sure does - I'm just choosing my moment to explain to the wife I will be off to France (Hopefully) within the next 4 weeks for a one week trip 😬

Edited by Pie man
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Pie man said:

He sure does - I'm just choosing my moment to explain to the wife I will be off the France (Hopefully) within the next 4 weeks for a one week trip 😬

I'm not jealous at all. If I get my health issues all sorted I'm hoping for some decent trips next year what with covid and mine and the wife's issues it's been an odd 3 years. Even if I can do some long UK trips I'll be happy with that. Where in France are you going? 

Edited by MikeHorton
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeHorton said:

I'm not jealous at all. If I get my health issues all sorted I'm hoping for some decent trips next year what with covid and mine and the wife's issues it's been an odd 3 years. Even if I can do some long UK trips I'll be happy with that. Where in France are you going? 

I hope you get all sorted for next year :thumb: I'm unsure exactly where yet. I was meant to be going to Austria in Sept, but a change in career has put paid to that. I only have a week, so I'm quietly mooching over where to go. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been checking my bees. One colony have gone mad with making honey. I've had to add more supers and strap the whole lot down. The ladders are there because I moved the heaviest supers to the top so it's top heavy. 

There is a clearer board under the top three supers, each containing about 30lb of honey. So tomorrow those will be empty of bees and I can extract the honey. 

The clearer board is like a one way valve. Bees can move down but not back up.

I extracted one lot during the week and put the sign out this afternoon. Five minutes later I'd sold five jars. People watch out for the sign so I'll probably have a busy evening.

There are seven supers on that colony, each capable of holding 30lb of honey so that's a total capacity of around 210lb. It has to sit on a steel plate to stop it sinking into the ground. 

I don't have an electric extractor so I do it by hand. I'll look like Popeye by Monday.

IMG_20220625_154050307.jpg

• Like 4

Southport parkrun this morning then working and helping a friend with some gardening. Dodging showers, thunderstorms and raging intermittent winds !!! Now im doing nowt 👍

2 hours ago, gymwitch said:

Southport parkrun this morning then working and helping a friend with some gardening. Dodging showers, thunderstorms and raging intermittent winds !!! Now im doing nowt 👍

try out the old leyland gates (i think it could be open now)

3 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I've been checking my bees. One colony have gone mad with making honey. I've had to add more supers and strap the whole lot down. The ladders are there because I moved the heaviest supers to the top so it's top heavy. 

There is a clearer board under the top three supers, each containing about 30lb of honey. So tomorrow those will be empty of bees and I can extract the honey. 

The clearer board is like a one way valve. Bees can move down but not back up.

I extracted one lot during the week and put the sign out this afternoon. Five minutes later I'd sold five jars. People watch out for the sign so I'll probably have a busy evening.

There are seven supers on that colony, each capable of holding 30lb of honey so that's a total capacity of around 210lb. It has to sit on a steel plate to stop it sinking into the ground. 

I don't have an electric extractor so I do it by hand. I'll look like Popeye by Monday.

IMG_20220625_154050307.jpg

Do you sell/ship? If you do I'll take a few jars off you.

Making sure this lot gets done properly at the moment.  To be fair not doing a bad job unlike their technical department which we are calling Casanova on account of everything they touch they f**k.

20220626_142235.jpg

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I sell from the door. They are glass jars so not ideal to ship, both heavy and breakable. But I could look for something more suitable? 

I would be up for some too 😁 

Was just about to ask same