What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

On 26/11/2020 at 15:40, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Front or rear? My usual thing is to put a block of wood under the side stand so the bike is almost vertical. Then standing at the rear get the stand into position, hold the back of the bike firmly and lever the stand up with my foot. It's much easier with two people of course. 

Sorry i hadnt replied to this sooner. Life is busy atm....its the rear. Yes that sounds like a plan standing it up straight. Cant see me doing it with a bigger bike though. 125 i may have a chance with. Thanks 🙂

2 minutes ago, gymwitch said:

Sorry i hadnt replied to this sooner. Life is busy atm....its the rear. Yes that sounds like a plan standing it up straight. Cant see me doing it with a bigger bike though. 125 i may have a chance with. Thanks 🙂

https://www.demon-tweeks.com/uk/warrior-wheel-chock-fits-12-19-inch-wheels-ubrpdschk15/

Consider getting one of these..

Wheel it into it ..Bike remains relatively upright without any input from yourself.( You can always strap forks/ bars to the chock if you wish for extra reassuring ( i use these in Vans when transporting and strap down to them )

See image for my additions (ignore object in my hand)

This allows you to use paddock stand easily .

And again to remove paddock stand you can confidently remove stand as chock keeps bike upright and then you just reverse bike out of the chock 

I happily place and trust my 350kg bike in these 

IMG_20201130_125757119.jpg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, gymwitch said:

still cant beat a bike with a centre stand, when common sense returns bike makers will start putting them on again :wave:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, skyrider said:

still cant beat a bike with a centre stand, when common sense returns bike makers will start putting them on again :wave:

Yep, it rather pissed me off that I had to buy a centre  stand as an extra. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TimR said:

https://www.demon-tweeks.com/uk/warrior-wheel-chock-fits-12-19-inch-wheels-ubrpdschk15/

Consider getting one of these..

Wheel it into it ..Bike remains relatively upright without any input from yourself.( You can always strap forks/ bars to the chock if you wish for extra reassuring ( i use these in Vans when transporting and strap down to them )

See image for my additions (ignore object in my hand)

This allows you to use paddock stand easily .

And again to remove paddock stand you can confidently remove stand as chock keeps bike upright and then you just reverse bike out of the chock 

I happily place and trust my 350kg bike in these 

IMG_20201130_125757119.jpg

Thats fab :) Thanks !!!!

21 hours ago, skyrider said:

This is true !!! I think its the fairing thats the problem. I like that choc stand. Thats just the job.

• Like 1

Just now, skyrider said:

they are not easy to manouvre and it makes hard work to service them

Fair enough. But as I was rolling along today at closed private road speeds I thought blimey this half fairing makes a HUGE difference, I can see why people like them. If I was on a naked my neck wouldn’t be able to cope!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Fair enough. But as I was rolling along today at closed private road speeds I thought blimey this half fairing makes a HUGE difference, I can see why people like them. If I was on a naked my neck wouldn’t be able to cope!

well i firstly had a cbr 400 and struggled with the faifing and then not learning from my mistake i got a vfr 400 and half way through servicing it i said to myself as soon as this job is finished it's up for sale (changing the two front plugs was the problem)

I like the fairings.... its like my barbies horse having different outfits when i was a wee lass. Barbie got kicked to the curb like....

If i were wealthy, my cbr400 would have a different set of fairings for each of the seasons....... *sighs* 

Anyhoo ive sent in an application for a job and when i get it (been studying manifesting tekkers) i will be able to afford more bikes...i mean accessories for the bikes i already have :D

• Like 1

Bike's going to be laid up for at least 10 days due to the weather we've got coming.......so I ran it round and fuelled it up.

Bearing in mind that I rode it round on Sunday and today......and it only took €2.70 of fuel! :classic_laugh:

This thing is insane......never known a bike to use so little fuel before. It uses so little fuel, it makes you think something is wrong somehow! :classic_unsure:

But before it goes away......it needed a washdown as there was a "Bugs on my Beak" scenario! :classic_ohmy:

201-min.jpg

202-min.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

Bearing in mind that I rode it round on Sunday and today......and it only took €2.70 of fuel! :classic_laugh:

This thing is insane......never known a bike to use so little fuel before. It uses so little fuel, it makes you think something is wrong somehow! :classic_unsure:

Maybe it’s diesel 🤣👍

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Marino said:

Maybe it’s diesel 🤣👍

Diesel doesn`t automatically spell economical.

I booted the hire car I am using at the moment up to 145 on my private test track and saw the mpg dip to 17mpg lol.

In fairness on my 85 odd mile each way commute its nearly 39mpg which I am quite impressed with.

Cheers

Ian

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, XTreme said:

Its the rider! 

He is at a certain age now that he can't pass a toilet without going and due to restrictions the toilets are shut so you're pissing in the tank :lol: 

• Haha 2

Guest Swagman
4 hours ago, Stu said:

Its the rider! 

He is at a certain age now that he can't pass a toilet without going and due to restrictions the toilets are shut so you're pissing in the tank :lol: 

Yeah well I know that feeling.

10 hours ago, Stu said:

Its the rider! 

In all the years I've been here I have never seen a public toilet.......in any town or city I've ever visited.

But you do see people regularly pissing in the street though.

I've even seen people taking a shit in the street as well......one was actually doing it in the middle of the road with the traffic held up till he finished. :classic_laugh:

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

In all the years I've been here I have never seen a public toilet.......in any town or city I've ever visited.

I've even seen people taking a shit in the street as well......one was actually doing it in the middle of the road with the traffic held up till he finished. :classic_laugh:

Isn't that why McPlastic was invented? So we can go to the toilet ;)

Like Billy Connelly once said, there are 3 rules that you must follow after 60

1 - Never bypass a toilet

2 - Never waste an erection even if you're alone

3 - Never trust a fart :lol: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, XTreme said:

you gone back to wales ? or  hull ?

• Like 1