What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

3 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

On the drive south today saw quite a lot of bikes out no doubt taking advantage of the unseasonable weather. Wish I was.

Yep. I saw lots of bikes out and about around the Peak District, it was around 15 degrees and quite pleasant 

After neglecting Xena since late autumn I decided to give her some tlc today. Went out in the nice sunshine to make a start, tools out back wheel loosened to adjust the chain, then it decides to chuck it down, anyway that'll do for now chain adjusted and lubed, I might give the sparkplug a clean if I get chance :lol:

• Like 3

Went out for a ride today! after being laid up for almost three months with E10 in the tank it fired straight up and ran a dream 

75 miles later I had to wash it 

was a pleasant ride to be fair 

• Like 4

A bit cold and misty this morning so decided to change the brake pads in K1100LT, especially after the trip over from England to Tunisia via France and Italy a trip of almost 1500 miles in 3 days. Took her for a "test" ride accompanied by the grand daughter who has been over for Xmas and New Year. Had a drinks break and a chill out along the sea front before returning home for tea.

20220104_105101.jpg

20220104_143504.jpg

20220104_143056.jpg

20220104_143435.jpg

20220104_143019.jpg

• Like 2

Only just to-day , 10 minutes past midnight I was woken to the sound of my grandson shouting abuse out of his bedroom window, followed by him running downstairs shouting ‘GRANDAD QUICK” at the top of his voice ... up and dressed, sort of, and after him.....

3 males had decided to steal my motorbike....

They had cut through the “Sold Secure” chain like butter and if not for Connors intervention would have had the bike away... although they had not addressed the D lock through the front wheel ...

When Connor appeared at the front door armed with a pick axe handle they ran for it dropping the chain and lock down the road ..

‘Lets get after them Grandad” .... NO, Connor we’re not getting stabbed up for a motorbike ....

Back home and we attached an audible alarm, refitted the chain of butter to the bike and back to bed ...

Proud of him ......👍

Edited by Trooper74
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Trooper74 said:

Only just to-day , 10 minutes past midnight I was woken to the sound of my grandson shouting abuse out of his bedroom window, followed by him running downstairs shouting ‘GRANDAD QUICK” at the top of his voice ... up and dressed, sort of, and after him.....

They had cut through the “Sold Secure” chain like butter and if not for Connors intervention would have had the bike away... although they had not addressed the D lock through the front wheel ...

When Connor appeared at the front door armed with a pick axe handle they ran for it dropping the chain and lock down the road ..

‘Lets get after them Grandad” .... NO, Connor we’re not getting stabbed up for a motorbike ....

Back home and we attached an audible alarm, refitted the chain of butter to the bike and back to bed ...

Proud of him ......👍

You were lucky that there just happended to be a pick axe handle in the house 😉

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Yorky said:

You were lucky that there just happended to be a pick axe handle in the house 😉

Bye the front door as well ... what a stroke of luck ......

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, billy sugger said:

It was to remind you to get a new head fitted

Mine already has the head fitted, I keep it in the upstairs cupboard for safe-keeping. 

@Trooper74 not worth getting stabbed for, been there nearly had that.

Glad it's still there, might be worth getting a good camera, although balaclavas hide faces it's just another layer and most you can set up alerts and mask out bits to stop false alarms. 

Battery angle grinder per chance. 

24 minutes ago, Bender said:

Mine already has the head fitted, I keep it in the upstairs cupboard for safe-keeping. 

@Trooper74 not worth getting stabbed for, been there nearly had that.

Glad it's still there, might be worth getting a good camera, although balaclavas hide faces it's just another layer and most you can set up alerts and mask out bits to stop false alarms. 

Battery angle grinder per chance. 

Big Bolt Croppers .....

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Trooper74 said:

Big Bolt Croppers .....

You need bigger chain then. 

Bolt cutters much quieter than grinder, I recovered girlfriends car from car park that decided to padlock her in, I then glued lock back together, filled in pinch marks and sprayed it, on close inspection would be easy ish to spot, would have loved to have seen smug face in the morn though when they came to unlock it and car was gone 😂 

• Haha 4

Oxford Monster Hex Chain .... cut silently, like butter .... I have the links as they dropped it when Connor appeared on the scene like Conan the Tax Inspector ... 🤣

H

12 minutes ago, Trooper74 said:

Oxford Monster Hex Chain .... cut silently, like butter .... I have the links as they dropped it when Connor appeared on the scene like Conan the Tax Inspector ... 🤣

Having just watched a weed on YouTube cut through it in 12secs with bolt cutters, I'm fairly confident I could halve that with mine, one side cut and the other half of the link just snapped, not great. 

7 hours ago, Trooper74 said:

Proud of him ......👍

Well done Connor, buy that lad a beer or two.

Pragmassis are having their annual sale at the moment. Time to get a proper chain ;) 

Fitted a Denali Soundbomb horn to replace the wimpy BMW OEM thing that sounds like it should grace a moped.  If I can rouse myself to push the button the noise should at least be noticeable! 
Apparently German rules say that M/C horns must be of a higher pitch than cars? Bewildering…