What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

On 23/02/2022 at 16:19, geofferz said:

Crashed it. My first one! Brand new tyres fitted 30 seconds earlier - the guy said 'be careful, they're slippery - a chap binned his the other day on that corner'. Then I binned it, on that corner, going super slow. I'm fine, just ego bruised. #atgatt

20220223_143259.thumb.jpg.bdf2a95bc174be9949cd662f79648c59.jpg

20220223_143237.thumb.jpg.b3f7ac567cebbaee91d8cef776fde850.jpg

Gutted for you mate. Hopefully all relatively simple to repair. Still time before full riding season. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, geofferz said:

I told my mechanic I just wanted it rideable so clip on only and I'll do the rest in time, they thought I asked for the foot rest too (which I didn't cos I found a used oem one in ebay for £42) but they very kindly did it for me for £166 so I'm happy. Rode him very very carefully, washed it, and cried at all the cracked panels. Ah well, I'll sort it in time. 

And today I found a full set of (I believe oem) fairings in decent nick including a new headlight so loads of spares, for £375! I'll take that and run. Very happy. 

That's an update for ya Joe

Sorry about your laptop but like my situation - could be a whole lot worse! Trip sounds amazing. 

Edited by geofferz
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, geofferz said:

And today I found a full set of (I believe oem) fairings in decent nick including a new headlight so loads of spares, for £375! I'll take that and run. Very happy. 

Sorry about your laptop but like my situation - could be a whole lot worse! Trip sounds amazing. 

It's all in the timing that's a steal! 

Removed the exhaust servo motor today! 

20220322_174104.jpg

Replaced it with this 

20220322_174110.jpg

Everyone seems to just remove the lot then tie wrap the Exhaust Servo Eliminator (ESE) and wiring up and to the frame! But part of the casing has a holder for the wiring and for another wiring plug so I seperated the motor from the housing and refitted the housing with the ESE stuck to the inside of it and the wiring all held in place as it should be 

20220322_174334.jpg

20220322_174346.jpg

No more Exhaust servo valve error on the bike :D 

• Like 2

Update back home roads quite empty, very few ponies and sheep at the top, a bit hazy but good views back towards South Shropshire and Worcestershire, across to mid and north Wales. Great winding road to the top with a cheeky sheer drop off the side in places! 

IMG_20220323_110502.jpg

IMG_20220323_111004.jpg

IMG_20220323_111657.jpg

IMG_20220323_111719.jpg

IMG_20220323_111735.jpg

Edited by MikeHorton
  • Like 4

Nothing to the bike but I have just doubled my insurance premium :lol:

My renewal came today at a whopping £205, but I had to amend some policy details and have increased my mileage allowance and have added breakdown cover and also for commuting to work, and with all the added costs for the changes and admin fees my premium is now £435, which still isn't bad considering that the biggest change was moving from a secure shed at the back to keeping it in the front garden.

Thanks @Bikesure :thumb:

Hi @dynax, won't rub it in😂, but just got my yearly renewal in Monday, for the 4 bikes 1988 Cbr400rr, 1997 Vfr800, 2000 Vfr800, 2004 Sv1000, unlimited mileage, £50 excess, comprehensive, full European and Uk breakdown and recovery. Just dropped from £234.66 last year to £130.82 this year.😂 total result👍.

Did my first online quote last week with The Bike Insurer and cheapest for 1 Vfr800 was with Swinton at £129.81!!!!! and that was without breakdown cover!!

Edited by oldgrump
  • Like 2

On 19/03/2022 at 22:21, Trooper74 said:

Maybe .. Motorcycling is not for you ....

Panic and Motorbikes are different planets ............

And I’m the one actually saying what many will deny they think ...

But don't give up ....

Remember ..

Motorcycling is next to flying ... I do both .. Panic has no place in either ..

Process and Routine will help .. 

Yep ive changed from the days i used to wing up and down the motorway beside me at 167mph on my gsxr 750 as fast as i cud get it and not care,ive turned in to a poof(can i say that) who needs a bonnet with a bow and some tulips and daisies to pick,a real man with no fear no more 😭

• Confused 1

Someone on here once told me they were riding down the motorway (so doing 70) when a spider started coming down on its web in front of his eyes :shock: :shock:

He somehow managed to get on the hard shoulder and take his helmet off without crashing 🕷️

• Confused 1

Had a negative test this morning and hoping for the same tomorrow. Since the weather is good I decided to give the Honda a thorough clean after its winter journeys, then changed the oil and filter. It had new coolant and brake fluid in autumn. 

Hopefully next week I can get out on the bikes. I've not had a day off in weeks. 

• Like 2

Today ... without warning the LCD screen on my Himma started working again .. not 100% but ....The dealer has given me a new set of clocks, not fitted them yet ... and I drove it into the milage shown today  .... 

Nice to have some stats again ...

Get a Himalayan .. rediscover real motorbikes .....

20220325_135951.thumb.jpg.7022582b6bdaae59b8f6878463e3ad8d.jpg

Edited by Trooper74
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Trooper74 said:

Today ... without warning the LCD screen on my Himma started working again .. not 100% but ....The dealer has given me a new set of clocks, not fitted them yet ... and I drove it into the milage shown today  .... 

Nice to have some stats again ...

Get a Himalayan .. rediscover real motorbikes .....

20220325_135951.thumb.jpg.7022582b6bdaae59b8f6878463e3ad8d.jpg

The clocks were the big niggle when I had mine. RE were so close to making an iconic bike, just needed a bit more attention to detail. Hopefully the 411 scram will be an improvement the Meteor clocks and the tripper nav may be a little more solid 

It wasnt today, and i didnt actually do it.  However, my STR had a 6k mile service last week. Big thank you to Woburn Triumph, excellent service as always.  

All ready for the warmer weather.  

• Like 2

Made a start on getting my sons CBR 125 back on the road after it was stolen .. The fuel pump wasn't working so I removed it and gave it a good whack and its now whirring away like it should. 

• Like 1

On 21/03/2022 at 05:47, geofferz said:

I fitted the panels last week which was really fun actually. In my new garage :-) All looking shiny again! Definitely normally used oem, hopefully not stolen but how can you tell on ebay. Came with spare headlight and tail light so I have enough spares for another bike almost. Happy days. 

Edited by geofferz
  • Like 2