What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

32 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

I think you'll find the GB is no longer legal either, supposed to be UK instead. Some pointless change foisted on us by someone somewhere.

I don't care about that. seems to me the UK is doomed anyway... will at some point just be England and Wales. so... im prepared for that.

of course if Scotland does go its merry way then the Union Jack will have to change too.. interesting times ahead!!

Edited by Gerontious
  • Like 1

After a 12 day near 2000 mile trip round Italy with the wife on the pillion and full luggage the K11 has just had a well deserved service, including all fluids and a complete strip down and clean of the front and rear brakes complete with new pads all round. A new YSS shocker was fitted while in Italy which was the excuse for the trip in the first place. But main thing is "she who must be obeyed" enjoyed the trip especially after the new shocker was fitted, which took less time to do than it takes to boil the kettle for a cuppa.

• Like 4

Washed it  ( 1st time in ages 😬) & fitted it with a Beowulf radiator guard - took a bit of wrangling but got there in the end 👍

May post a pic / review tomorrow.

Had a unexpected day off work  so managed to get out on the bike all day 😃 , first time riding through Cheddar... Will deffo be returning! 

20220517_110306.thumb.jpg.573875ce6e90899c58dfc3cf682b6980.jpg

Edited by Ferris85
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Ferris85 said:

Had a unexpected day off work  so managed to get out on the bike all day 😃 , first time riding through Cheddar... Will deffo be returning! 

20220517_110306.thumb.jpg.573875ce6e90899c58dfc3cf682b6980.jpg

Some lovely bits of road by cheddar 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fullscreenaging said:

You need to try Wybers Chippy next time you come across to Cleethorpes. Only a short detour. 

Yeah will do mate :thumb:

I was out yesterday and was waiting at a junction when this old guy drew up on an ancient but absolutely pristine BSA. When I say 'old guy' he must have been into his 80's. 

I invited him to go first out of respect for him and his bike, I expected him to chug off at a relaxed pace....boy was I wrong! He went off like the proverbial rat up a drainpipe. I'm on the 500 because I need to carry my kit for a week away and I was wringing the neck off it trying to keep up. It was a hoot watching him ride that bike like it was made to be ridden. 

A few miles later he gave me a thumbs up and a friendly wave as he pulled off at a junction. I wish I'd had my camera rolling.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Another cafe stop at Gloucester Staverton Airport today. Limited menu due to staff shortage but great food even so. Then a ride past Fairford no huge B52s today but a Globe Master from Brize Norton. Circling. 

IMG_20220518_120820.jpg

IMG_20220518_115422.jpg

On 18/05/2022 at 08:53, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I was out yesterday and was waiting at a junction when this old guy drew up on an ancient but absolutely pristine BSA. When I say 'old guy' he must have been into his 80's. 

I invited him to go first out of respect for him and his bike, I expected him to chug off at a relaxed pace....boy was I wrong! He went off like the proverbial rat up a drainpipe. I'm on the 500 because I need to carry my kit for a week away and I was wringing the neck off it trying to keep up. It was a hoot watching him ride that bike like it was made to be ridden. 

A few miles later he gave me a thumbs up and a friendly wave as he pulled off at a junction. I wish I'd had my camera rolling.

A couple of years ago, I stopped to see if an old guy fiddling with a Guzzi  Le mans was okay. He said just tinkering and waved. A couple of miles later he past me doing some very illegal speeds down this twisty road.

Was great to see as well. Man and machine in harmony. Absolutely thrashing it.

Met up with a bunch of nutters on mt10s (plus a ktm, s1krr and r1) and terrorised Essex. 220 miles, 7 hours in the saddle, my back ain't what it used to be. IMG-20220521-WA0017.thumb.jpg.5b3f8289829e543a22fb39127040ff50.jpg

• Like 3

Took the Z500 to the Head of Steam Classic meet (mainly cars) and was joined by quite a few fellow VJMC members from N Yorks section and Glenn on his RD500

804338881_fromGlenn.thumb.jpg.123392adafa465735d6534781f16e6af.jpg

bikes.thumb.jpg.03bd6146458b06a939d6ecc5957957c5.jpg

Hope for good weather next week for a similar show at the Northallerton rugby club, Whoo!!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mickly said:

Mate of mine has had an intermittent electrical fault on his Suzuki .. think he’s found the fault ..

D08BC89C-E15F-4D2B-BE9D-22E45F3125DD.jpeg

A bit crispy to say the least 😁

I’d made him this just to be helpful…

FF76B6B6-181E-45CD-9B62-59F187589CEC.thumb.jpeg.b7fd5b37fc5757e29c3ad33d5c8db90b.jpeg

Edited by Mickly
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

And final bit of prep. New front tyre fitted. Continental Trail Attack 3 tubeless. No freebies this time. (sigh)

When I got a full set fitted in 2018 I was given this, Ortlieb 35L dry-bag. (which Ive never used!!)

IMG_0649.JPG