What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

33 minutes ago, Bianco2564 said:

Did the same with my R1 earlier this month.

Put a new front tyre on it and went to tax it to go for a spin , only to find the computer said no. Mot ran out last October.

It had always been in June as I bought it in July with 11 months MOT.

Honestly don't remember letting it move back during lockdown.

The bloke at the MOT place did the same with his van. Just lost track of the change.

Yesterday before the rain took GS125 and Z500 out of shed plus various other bits and bobs. Got the Bandit out from under the blankets and bits of spare Z500 put in the "winter store" back of shed. Hoovered (Dyson actually) the floor etc and put Bandit in Summer position ready to drain petrol/oil mix from tank and carbs on Monday. Bought 5 ltrs Shell super in a can strapped to the 125 (gave the 125 a few drops of E5 to get me through the week as well) ready to flush and get Bandit fired up ready for this years riding. 

Pics to follow on Monday i hope.

• Like 1

I got an engine warning light for fault code 25 on the z1000sx. Still runs OK, it just lost the gear indicator on the dash.

I'm guessing that means i need to pay lots of £££££ 😩

Took it for MOT yesterday

It was raining yesterday!

Every time I HAVE to go somewhere, it f**king rains!!

I got a bloody advisory for the exhaust being noisy. I took it to the same place last year and didn’t get an advisory ( which I pointed out to him) He said he’s covering himself as it’s not original. 
It’s not noisy as the CAT keeps the noise down!

Today I washed it. Tomorrow I need to get the front wheel off and go get the tyre changed. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, fullscreenaging said:

I took it to the same place last year and didn’t get an advisory ( which I pointed out to him) 

I had the same thing once with a number plate. He said he must not of noticed it last time :lol:

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

I had the same thing once with a number plate. He said he must not of noticed it last time :lol:

I had an interesting comment from an MoT tester once…

MoT Guy “Have you got the original plate & Exhaust?

Me “Yes”

MoT Guy “ Those were fitted when I passed your bike”

Me “Of course, thanks”

🤣🤣

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, teo63 said:

I got an engine warning light for fault code 25 on the z1000sx. Still runs OK, it just lost the gear indicator on the dash.

I'm guessing that means i need to pay lots of £££££ 😩

Take some lube with you!!! 

PS you haven't changed the front sprocket size have you? 

200 mile ride today on the bike! 

Started off at brid for a breakfast which is where one of my mates told me he is under the thumb and has to be home by 1.30 to pick his wife up :roll: 

Which meant I couldn't do the plans that I wanted to do! 

From there we ended up going to look at bikes at Barrie Robson Motorcycles in York from there we headed to seaways for a brew and to let my mate go home and attach himself to the ball and chain :roll: 

We then ended up in Grimsby looking at more bikes :lol: 

Had a great 150 mile day out Thursday down to the Strawberry fields cafe on the Z500. Back home via NY500 cafe and Helmsley.

Bit of a bad weekend.

Saturday.

After coming home from work had a short snooze, we fancied an Ice Cream in Leyburn. Took the Bandit. Pulled up at traffic lights in Richmond, idle a bit low me thinks, set off, ON 3 Cylinders. Thought vacuum pipe blown off but no No2 pipe not warm much and found the idle adjuster screw had fallen out, no where to be found on top of crankcases. Steady 4th gear 50 mph trip home. This has happened 10 years ago to No4 but found it and popped it back in.  Always made sure i put the spring back in and grease the threads but will have to rethink this when i get a new one this week. Can fit it with the carbs on but 2 years since they were cleaned so they are coming off tomorrow and will check the other 3 screws. Have some pattern ones with my carb service kit but have no groove (not sure if this makes any odds) and tapper slightly different so will use a genuine part with the pattern spring washer and "o" ring from the kit.

1204276895_pilotscrewcomparison-1.thumb.JPG.940da99c42216d8761d0036df5cc5d53.JPG

Sunday

Another run for the Z500 this time to the Pocklington bike meet at the Mile cafe. Got as far as a few mile south of Thirsk and felt a little wobble, slowed drown and got worse, Puncture in back wheel, 200 miles since the new tyres and inner tubes. Bugger.

Found a small tack in the middle of the tyre see pics. Glad i have recovery. 3 hours later got back home. Job for Tuesday me thinks. Nr passed the 81000 miles too ( does on the back of the recovery truck count?)

Culprit.thumb.JPG.65ae5396d3f775f02bc06489cec5a68d.JPG

307514472_Niceplacetopark1.thumb.JPG.f97e4c38895504b78da2a69a65d0d0c0.JPG1465337037_Niceplacetopark2.thumb.JPG.d278866dc190119749e4baf9c118851c.JPG

home.thumb.JPG.1747b7d1bdbc1e676ffcadf13548c29a.JPG

Nice place to park 3.JPG

• Sad 6

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I was going to say that I've only ever seen them on Bobbers - which they suit well.

They weren’t giving me any value for them on the trade in so I kept them, they cost ridiculous money for what they are 

Edited by Richard
  • Like 1

Front fender extender added to the XJR.

Intermittent front indicator fault tracked back to a loose connection in the headlight. Nice to get that fixed.

Quick touch of hammerite on the stands (thanks to whoever on here mentioned it recently).

Next up - remove and polish rear footpeg hangars and a few metal bits. (Ebay metal polishing kit at the ready).

• Like 2

nothing much, just sorting out the bikes toolkit and puncture kit for the trip in 4 weeks. also ordered a new front tyre as the current one is only good for less than a 1000 miles, which won't do at all!!

New number plate arrived today and it looks just like this... though a different number (obviously)

slightly illegal.. font and size. just a tad smaller. 8x6 (ill keep the original for over zealous MOTs)

736947706_Screenshot2022-05-14at15_06_36.png.563952f430bb5d51e99ee517f231787d.png

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Gerontious said:

New number plate arrived today and it looks just like this... though a different number (obviously)

slightly illegal.. font and size. just a tad smaller. 8x6 (ill keep the original for over zealous MOTs)

736947706_Screenshot2022-05-14at15_06_36.png.563952f430bb5d51e99ee517f231787d.png

I think you'll find the GB is no longer legal either, supposed to be UK instead. Some pointless change foisted on us by someone somewhere.