What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

One of the first things I noticed about the BMW was that it had brass nuts on the exhaust studs :cool: 

Also today I washed it then went for a little ride I then fitted some clear protective film to the pillion handles as the wife likes to kick f**k out of them every time she gests on the bike! 

I had to makes them and cut them to size! and to be honest they didn't go too bad 

Also booked it in for MOT next week which means I will have had it a year :shock: 

• Like 1

Just now, Stingy1 said:

MOT ! Time I used it anyway, 400 Mile in 11 yrs on this .......ahem🙄

PXL_20220602_135148721.jpg

Amongst making it my own with few upgrades 

4 hours ago, Stingy1 said:

MOT ! Time I used it anyway, 400 Mile in 11 yrs on this .......ahem🙄

PXL_20220602_135148721.jpg

Now sign up to this and get bloody riding :thumb: 

• Like 2

Lovely day here ... So ride to work .... 20 miles ?

Or ride to work 84 miles .... 84 miles it is then ...

Rotherham, A616 / 628 Glossop, A57 Snake Pass, Ladybower, Hathersege, Owler Bar, Chesterfield ...... across the Pennines and back .... 

You know you want too ...!

fullsizeoutput_49c.thumb.jpeg.b4edc47e495e9a3bedadd232f7d2c0a9.jpeg

Edited by Trooper74
  • Like 5

Wheeled the 380 out of hibernation ready for the Dav bike show tomorrow , not been run for a few months and started after half a dozen kicks. Checked all the levels and tyre pressures and gave it a wipe down to remove all the spray on grease I treat the chrome to.

Remember these paper disc things, an original one from the last century.

20220610_175032.jpg

20220610_175038.jpg

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Bianco2564 said:

Wheeled the 380 out of hibernation ready for the Dav bike show tomorrow , not been run for a few months and started after half a dozen kicks. Checked all the levels and tyre pressures and gave it a wipe down to remove all the spray on grease I treat the chrome to.

Remember these paper disc things, an original one from the last century.

20220610_175032.jpg

20220610_175038.jpg

I forgot about the Daventry show . Do you know where I could park where I wouldn't have to walk too far to see the majority of it ? 

36 minutes ago, fastbob said:

I forgot about the Daventry show . Do you know where I could park where I wouldn't have to walk too far to see the majority of it ? 

If you are arriving after the ride in, its a bit of a free for all and people just park anywhere.

Went to work on it then went for a quick blast and filled her up after work 

Refitted the standard exhaust ready for the MOT tomorrow 

That means I have had it almost a year :shock: 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fastbob said:

As you ride a Harley, just wear your ‘cut’ wrap around shades, wallet chain, bandanna & park where you’d cause the most inconvenience.. don’t forget to stare into the distance & practice your sneer & you’ll be ok 😁

• Haha 5

20 hours ago, Stu said:

Went to work on it then went for a quick blast and filled her up after work 

Refitted the standard exhaust ready for the MOT tomorrow 

That means I have had it almost a year :shock: 

MOT Passed! 

5058 miles between MOT's 😎

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Stu said:

MOT Passed! 

5058 miles between MOT's 😎

Pfft.. light weight.. wanna get out on it rather than cleaning it and drinking beer 🤣🤣

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Mickly said:

Pfft.. light weight.. wanna get out on it rather than cleaning it and drinking beer 🤣🤣

Oi! 

That's not bad going considering I don't commute on it and it's just a toy :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Good result , scored an entire clutch pack with 4000 miles on it for £90 . That's a big advantage of having a Harley , people take off good parts to upgrade to aftermarket * . Now I haven't got to worry about my clutch for at least another 20,000 miles .     * I can explain in more detail but not now if anyone's that interested  . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fastbob said:

Good result , scored an entire clutch pack with 4000 miles on it for £90 . That's a big advantage of having a Harley , people take off good parts to upgrade to aftermarket * . Now I haven't got to worry about my clutch for at least another 20,000 miles .     * I can explain in more detail but not now if anyone's that interested  . 

Ha! I got a complete clutch for the 600, 4000 miles on the clocks, for £37. That's less than half price for a set of friction plates on their own. I've no idea if the clutch has had new plates before I bought it so figured this was a no brainer

• Like 2

Parts arrived this morning from Suzytwo, very good service only ordered on Saturday.

New inlet rubbers, kick start rubber and bleed nipple cap.

This is what 47 years of kickstarting did to the old rubber, this new one should be good until at least year 2069.

20220614_110553.jpg

20220614_111223.jpg

• Like 2

Took the carbs off the 380 this afternoon, pretty easy job; tank off, side panels, airbox,throttle cables, undo the inlet rubbers and that's it, about 15mins.

A fair amount of sediment in the 3 float bowls as seen on the blue paper. Two of the carbs overflow pipes were blocked.

Dropped the pilot & main jets out and blew through with the airline. The old inlet rubbers were so inflexible, comparison photos between old and new. Also the inlet clamps were fully wound in on the old rubbers and couldn't be tightened anymore, probably causing an air leak and it was so much easier to refit the carbs.

Fired back up and sounded nice and crisp, even though not fully warmed up, the idle was much smoother.

20220614_144849.jpg

20220614_144907.jpg

20220614_145853.jpg

20220614_152446.jpg

20220614_152453.jpg

• Like 3

2AD224A6-3359-4657-B801-B63A1658D605.thumb.jpeg.7257431b8ae1c35cee961d966d65439a.jpegE60F0B0C-1435-4029-AEA2-836F07EB27E1.thumb.jpeg.a9eab5c540721e4114090d1956d79cc3.jpegFitted Beowulf Radiator and oil cooler guards - quite pleased with the look & these days the roads are so rough I reckon the protection is justified.

Edited by Mickly
  • Like 5