Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Good Morning :classic_biggrin: We're finally getting the garage/craft room ceilings boarded and plastered today! :thumb: (if he turns up)

I'm also going for take2 of getting new front tyres for my car (I've booked this time)

• Like 2

Good afternoon. We’ve had a couple of busy days. I’ve been sorting the pipework for the new en-suite while my good lady has been clearing a section of garden ready for planting a selection of shrubs and trees. I decided to take a break and do a bit of lawn mowing - the mower somehow shed the belt that drives the cutting blades with one more pass to finish that particular area of grass. Now it’s rain8ng so it’s back to working on the en-suite.

oh, I know how to live. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, S-Westerly said:

From what I can see the M6 from Birmingham to Knutsford is one continuous set of road works. Given up using it unless I absolutely have to.

It has been like that for years. We always go on the A roads and avoid the M6 altogether.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

From what I can see the M6 from Birmingham to Knutsford is one continuous set of road works. Given up using it unless I absolutely have to.

They are converting it into " Smart " motorway I believe .

Just showing off a bit more 😋

Some progress.

Primer all round done ready for painting.

Next steps is to spray paint it in a dark glossy blue with a glossy red strip on the edges to cover the front joint and the screw.

The white bits inside is the foam padding to prevent vibrations from the speakers.

Still awaiting for the electronic parts to arrive. So no hurry in finishing the box :thumb: 

IMG_20211011_110521.jpg

IMG_20211011_110531.jpg

That was a short night. Our neighbouring farmer took it into his head to start harvesting his maize crop for cattle feed last night.

Modern tractors have lights brighter than the spaceship on Close Encounters. They were roaring past our bedroom window until all hours this morning. The vibrations set off the house alarm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

That was a short night. Our neighbouring farmer took it into his head to start harvesting his maize crop for cattle feed last night.

Modern tractors have lights brighter than the spaceship on Close Encounters. They were roaring past our bedroom window until all hours this morning. The vibrations set off the house alarm.

Absolutely disgusting, raise a petition, get out the pitch forks & light the torches, you never signed up to that kind of behaviour when you moved to the tranquility of the countryside !!

🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Mickly said:

Absolutely disgusting, raise a petition, get out the pitch forks & light the torches, you never signed up to that kind of behaviour when you moved to the tranquility of the countryside !!

🤣🤣🤣

Too true - last year it was bloody sheep looking over the fence and going 'Baaa' at all hours. 

I suppose in his defence he has to drive close to my bees and by doing it at night avoided the wrath of 1/4 million irate stingy things who at that hours were all safely tucked up in bed.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, fastbob said:

A re-editing of history here I think . 

Polish_20211012_081930053.jpg

Haha, a bloody V Twin? I think not !!

mind you, that could be why he never made the curve 🤣🤣