What you doing this weekend?

rennie

1 hour ago, dynax said:

Change of plan for today folks, today I am going to make a smoker ( maybe if it goes to plan ) from an old biscuit tin and the wire mesh from an old grill pan :thumb:

This is deserves a DIY ( nothing biking it technical for @fastbob 😁)  thread post pics let us know how you get on... 

• Haha 1

Just been through all my bees - they were very calm today, even the hive that is usually a bit frisky. Lots of spring honey coming in. I had a hive last year that did nothing so I just let them be and gave them a second chance this year. They seen to have suddenly figured things out and they are building up nicely. I had to add a super on them today - last year they didn't even get that far. Strange things bees.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Just been through all my bees - they were very calm today, even the hive that is usually a bit frisky. Lots of spring honey coming in. I had a hive last year that did nothing so I just let them be and gave them a second chance this year. They seen to have suddenly figured things out and they are building up nicely. I had to add a super on them today - last year they didn't even get that far. Strange things bees.

Going to be getting some local honey myself to try in the smoker :thumb:

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mr Fro said:

I finished up my dissertation. 

If anyone wants to know anything about diesel ICE hybrids vs electric vehicles, I'm your man.

Well done, I remember the relief when I’d submitted mine 👍

54 minutes ago, Mr Fro said:

If anyone wants to know anything about diesel ICE hybrids vs electric vehicles, I'm your man.

Which is better then? 

1 hour ago, Mr Fro said:

Wel done. I remember submitting mine and collapsing, I think I did about 50 hours through with a one and a half hour sleep to get it finished.

2 hours ago, Stu said:

Which is better then? 

Modern diesel is better in terms of power consumption from primary fuel given the efficiencies of EV chargers and losses in energy production.

EV however has lower net carbon emissions per unit distance but not by much. It's only something like 36kg carbon per year in it.

A modern diesel car with brake energy recovery and exhaust energy recovery would dick all over EV in both cases.

Happy motoring y'all. :classic_cool:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mr Fro said:

Modern diesel is better in terms of power consumption from primary fuel given the efficiencies of EV chargers and losses in energy production.

EV however has lower net carbon emissions per unit distance but not by much. It's only something like 36kg carbon per year in it.

A modern diesel car with brake energy recovery and exhaust energy recovery would dick all over EV in both cases.

Happy motoring y'all. :classic_cool:

I will stick with our seat leon with vw's cheat software then :popcorn: 

:lol: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, James in Brum said:

Wel done. I remember submitting mine and collapsing, I think I did about 50 hours through with a one and a half hour sleep to get it finished.

Shit planning son. :lol:

Just got the exams to get through now. We had mocks last week - when we got the thermodynamics paper the class as a whole went "Aaaaaaaaah... shit". :classic_biggrin:

Just now, Mr Fro said:

Game on mate!

Its already £0 road tax and getting 52 mpg around town so we are happy with that 

They all market these EV's with huge mpg figures which most probably won't achieve 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mr Fro said:

Shit planning son. :lol:

Just got the exams to get through now. We had mocks last week - when we got the thermodynamics paper the class as a whole went "Aaaaaaaaah... shit". :classic_biggrin:

Yup, that and I for months could not work out how to do it. How was it different to a standard essay. 
eventually an already qualified chum leant me theirs and I could get started but had a lot to do. 

Finish fitting new neutral and OD switches into the shadow.

1869390803_switchescasing1.thumb.jpg.b62d7c613e1dbd3ced7468632a04ae09.jpg

873319620_neutralswitch.thumb.jpg.642e1810f9c73a3c8bdd8b66572fd014.jpg

Finish the wheel lock for the trailer ahead of my week off

start (or continue) rebuilding the metal shed.

This along with what I'll be asked as the weekend goes on 🙄

Coast.

The kids want to get the kayak n SUP out.

I will try to not don my wetsuit.....

I will observe from a safe distance, all the while contemplating the gin I will consume later in the day.

• Like 1

Nothing happened again today, so the weekend has to have something to offer. Cleethorpes or Bust :lol:

I have been trying out various combinations for taking my fishing gear on the bike, basically trying to travel as light as possible I think I might have got it now but still a lot to take. main problem is a change of clothing, don't really want to be fishing in my biking gear, and I definitely don't want to compromise on riding without it :thumb:

1 minute ago, dynax said:

Nothing happened again today, so the weekend has to have something to offer. Cleethorpes or Bust :lol:

I have been trying out various combinations for taking my fishing gear on the bike, basically trying to travel as light as possible I think I might have got it now but still a lot to take. main problem is a change of clothing, don't really want to be fishing in my biking gear, and I definitely don't want to compromise on riding without it :thumb:

Make sure you’ve got room to carry your catch home 🐳