What you doing this weekend?

rennie

2 hours ago, skyrider said:

wouldnt put too much faith in sunday

Don't think many people are!!

Just received a email from  Sammy miller's museum. The first Autojumble they were running, has just been cancelled for Sunday!!

Least it saves me rushing back from Norfolk and getting the Van loaded for a early morning start!

On another note,  it is 50 year's ago on Saturday that I brought my 1st bike, a BSA Bantam D14/4 KRG 448F. Can't believe how time flies.🤣🤣

• Like 3

Our daughter is away this weekend but left some medication at home so I've been delivering that to her in N Wales. One minute it was sunny and dry, the next it was lashing down. On the way back I took my wife to Old Stores for a bite to eat. This turned out to be a very good idea because having enjoyed their excellent bacon bap and mug of tea for £3.50 she commented that the full English fry up at £7 (inc. tea) is very good value. 

The sensible and responsible option therefore is the full English. Can't argue with that.

Sadly on the way home we passed a biker laid flat out on the road next to a bike on its side. Police etc there so nothing we could do. Hope they're ok.

Hating this weather. Getting blown to buggery out in the North Sea on the way to  Teesport from Germany. My most favourite  mug got smashed as well so not a happy camper.😡

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Bender said:

Today was meeting nice folk from Scotland, working and tonight pinky tonight we're going to get hammered 😜, who's going to flounce tonight ehhh @Stu

Depends who you give a "warning" to allegedly :roll:

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Pie man said:

Took the bike out for a quick 3hrs ride to test the new screen, unsure yet!!

20210522_152203.jpg

20210522_153118.jpg

May as well not have a screen :lol: 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stu said:

May as well not have a screen :lol: 

I know! The original screen is pants, too much buffeting, sooner have clean air smacking me in the chops. 😬

• Like 1

On 22/05/2021 at 07:58, Ian Frog said:

Happy anniversary @oldgrump

Cheers

Ian

Hi Ian, Cheers been a interesting life!!🤣

Did you ever get your bikes moved? Just that I might be your way again soon with the Van, Moving a mate's bike and workshop from Poole to near Lowestoft. So might be able to move them on way back, depending where they are going from and to where.👍

1 hour ago, oldgrump said:

Hi Ian, Cheers been a interesting life!!🤣

Did you ever get your bikes moved? Just that I might be your way again soon with the Van, Moving a mate's bike and workshop from Poole to near Lowestoft. So might be able to move them on way back, depending where they are going from and to where.👍

That`s a very kind offer and I would like to keep in touch about it !

Since I posted that enquiry I have got a number of quotes and then we went and found a new house so things might change a bit.

For the next couple of weeks everything can stay as it is then we have a week away for which we plan to use the Harley and after that hopefully we will have an idea of when we are moving.

The new place has a lovely workshop at the bottom of the garden and my other half seems to think I will be sorting out the house 🤣

Cheers

Ian

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bender said:

Today was meeting nice folk from Scotland, working and tonight pinky tonight we're going to get hammered 😜, who's going to flounce tonight ehhh @Stu

Bloody hell. 

Missed another flounce.

Who this time?

• Haha 1

I made a coffee table to put my makeshift pc on, it has a double socket got fed up of tripping up over the wires so it's all nice and tidy now, and it's on castors so I can wheel it about, just need to drill a hole for a pole to mount the monitor on then it will be finished.

It's rough and ready but it does the job function over form for me, don't care about it looking pretty as long as does the job :lol:

• Like 1

I’m at the Premier inn Alveston, just north of Bristol, positioned for an early morning meeting at one of the rail depots in Bristol.

I rode down here from Sheffield on my Himalayan ... 168 miles.

Not down the motorway all the way ... that would be too boring, too easy.

SO .. M1 , M69, off at junction 1, pick up the Fosse Way and follow it and the A436 to Gloucester then the A38 south to Alveston ... Great Route.

When it’s sunny ....

After 40 miles it was spitting, rough headwind along the Fosse Way ... at Halford the heavens opened up ... proper stair rods, flooded roads, bits of tree littering the road ... 70+ miles of sub aqua motorcycling !!

Which explains why i am now sat naked in my hotel room with all room heating devices covered in my clothing trying to dry it out for tomorrows 200 miles !!

The only bit of me that was dry where my feet ... good boots ...

The water entered through the neck of my jacket and distributed itself freely amongst my clothes ... 

Thank god for lycra briefs .....

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

To be honest i still enjoyed the ride and now the Indian Takeaway has been delivered all is well ... if moist ....

AND ... The Meeting Has Been Cancelled !!! 😡

Edited by Trooper74
  • Haha 1

Guest Manwithadog
18 hours ago, Liveware Problem said:

Speaking of flouncing.. has anyone seen @XTreme lately? 

Is that Pete? The fellow that lives in Spain, I didn’t know he was here, I knew him from another forum years ago.