What you doing this weekend?

rennie

Having a little potter around the lanes of the Scottish Borders on the bike. Clearing ground for a polytunnel, and fitting skirting in the study.

Beer may be consumed at some point. 

• Like 1

Going to Barmouth for chips (Mermaid) then Tywyn for honey ice cream, in the campervan on Saturday :thumb:

weather forecast is not too good but hope to ride the bike at some point.

drunken Skype/karaoke with the Norfolk nutters Saturday night I think :cheers:

2 hours ago, dynax said:

Nothing happened again today, so the weekend has to have something to offer. Cleethorpes or Bust :lol:

I have been trying out various combinations for taking my fishing gear on the bike, basically trying to travel as light as possible I think I might have got it now but still a lot to take. main problem is a change of clothing, don't really want to be fishing in my biking gear, and I definitely don't want to compromise on riding without it :thumb:

A few years back I found the Spada version of this second hand. Ideal for that sort of situation.

xhttps://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/?kk=a4c6368-1791fa03444-57303&gclid=Cj0KCQjwsqmEBhDiARIsANV8H3Z6ykGqUHhglyWq54ex7v2ACSJf_BADBFFrN75eoJbsWowJ4b72gywaAgw8EALw_wcB&channable=0222ff6964003135343436383135313523&utm_campaign=KEL_UK&utm_content=&utm_source=kelkoo&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=&ObjectPath=/Shops/10207048/Products/Klim-Hardanger-One-Piece-Motorcycle-Suit/SubProducts/Klim-Hardanger-One-Piece-Motorcycle-Suit-0040&Locale=en_GB

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

Apparently I'm putting shelves up :bang:

That's the sort of thing Terry Scott or Sid James would always be meaning to do in some dreadful 70's Sit Com . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I must say :)

Very happy with the final result 😎

My brand new wheel lock for my trailer.

1224234002_wheellock.thumb.jpg.20eadeed3ec875875e0f29ff8c20bcd9.jpg

My own design and manufacturing.

2 days work for design, welding and all the work to complete.

It is articulated on the top of the pic and once in place the bar slides across and locks it in place.

The hole in the middle is to go around the tyre and inside the wheel.

Not too heavy and takes less than 1 min to install.

The padlock on the right is a standard master padlock 

padlock.thumb.jpg.ab53e23bc1d2a03d32b30745827390c1.jpg

I can't see why this design can't be used on 125's if a chain is welded to the top bar so it can be locked to an anchor or even an electrical post. :thumb: 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, husoi said:

I must say :)

Very happy with the final result 😎

My brand new wheel lock for my trailer.

1224234002_wheellock.thumb.jpg.20eadeed3ec875875e0f29ff8c20bcd9.jpg

My own design and manufacturing.

2 days work for design, welding and all the work to complete.

It is articulated on the top of the pic and once in place the bar slides across and locks it in place.

The hole in the middle is to go around the tyre and inside the wheel.

Not too heavy and takes less than 1 min to install.

The padlock on the right is a standard master padlock 

padlock.thumb.jpg.ab53e23bc1d2a03d32b30745827390c1.jpg

I can't see why this design can't be used on 125's if a chain is welded to the top bar so it can be locked to an anchor or even an electrical post. :thumb: 

1 observation ...

I would cap the ends of the jaws to reduce the risk of a long bar being inserted and attempts to bend the jaws apart .

25 minutes ago, TimR said:

1 observation ...

I would cap the ends of the jaws to reduce the risk of a long bar being inserted and attempts to bend the jaws apart .

That is a good idea :) :thumb: 

IMG_1669.thumb.JPG.2c53be0ccfd4ece0b5561b097bf0f157.JPG

Nice gentle trundle into the countryside and a cup of Coffee by the canal at Bugbrooke !

Another chap with a Harley showed up who I believe to be @fastbob from this here parish.

Nice morning out and good convivial company.

IMG_1670.thumb.JPG.f5c7949ffdea8ce7ffd87effbfb89c4d.JPG

Not sure about the former professions of some of the barge owners though lol.

Cheers

Ian

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, Ian Frog said:

IMG_1669.thumb.JPG.2c53be0ccfd4ece0b5561b097bf0f157.JPG

Nice gentle trundle into the countryside and a cup of Coffee by the canal at Bugbrooke !

Another chap with a Harley showed up who I believe to be @fastbob from this here parish.

Nice morning out and good convivial company.

IMG_1670.thumb.JPG.f5c7949ffdea8ce7ffd87effbfb89c4d.JPG

Not sure about the former professions of some of the barge owners though lol.

Cheers

Ian

Indeed , a most pleasant meeting . Cheers for the go on the Superglide Ian , that's given me plenty to think about . I didn't make it to Uppinghan but I'm not bothered because I had a great ride around the surrounding area . I could have had a look at my phone to see where I was but I just didn't want to stop riding . Coffees are on me next time . 

IMG_20210502_125713000.jpg

IMG_20210502_125704005.jpg

• Like 5

Decided to hone my urban riding skills by inadvertently riding through the Sparkbrook area of Birmingham this afternoon - lightening reactions, psychic levels of anticipation & the patience of a saint where required, but I survived .... Just !!

@James in Brum you done this?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, James in Brum said:

Yeah, it’s a vibrant and challenging experience. Used to go through there a bit on my 125.

i did one of DAS days driving around there in the pouring rain!

“Vibrant & challenging” an excellent description and absolutely spot on 😁

6 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

Got away without doing shelves. However I managed to slice my finger open cutting a length of hosepipe :crybaby:

PXL_20210502_131533209.jpg

Karma is a bitch eh?

Don't think I will need to do any more improvements.

The end of the arm sits neatly next to the bearing cover.

370030487_rearwheelfitting.thumb.jpg.63699ce809cda829f605f2d0b0e0fdc9.jpg

1737242562_wheelfitting.thumb.jpg.640e77e3197c5b773501635f19ba5b41.jpg

1 hour ago, Mickly said:

“Vibrant & challenging” an excellent description and absolutely spot on 😁

Ever tried to ride the " Urban " section of the A6 through Greater Manchester ? It's like the old Coventry Road in Small Heath Birmingham except that it goes on and on and on seemingly without end . You've heard of miles per hour , well this is hours per mile . I won't be making the same mistake twice . 

1 hour ago, Mickly said:

Decided to hone my urban riding skills by inadvertently riding through the Sparkbrook area of Birmingham this afternoon - lightening reactions, psychic levels of anticipation & the patience of a saint where required, but I survived .... Just !!

@James in Brum you done this?

I used to drive through Handsworth and lozells a fair bit in the late 80's interesting it certainly was.

1 hour ago, Tiggie said:

Got away without doing shelves. However I managed to slice my finger open cutting a length of hosepipe :crybaby:

twat

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tiggie said:

Bloody hell..................