What you doing this weekend?

rennie

4 hours ago, rennie said:

It's Sue's birthday soon so I went shopping yesterday!:shock:

went to Telford shopping centre, hate the place!

had to pay to park, walk miles, strange people everywhere! :classic_biggrin:

I had to have several ciders to recover! :cheers:

You not drunk the world dry of cider yet .

Edited by Six30
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, fastbob said:

" Strange people everywhere " I think I've reached that stage in my psychological journey as well . I pause sometimes in Coventry City Center and watch them all go by and there is very little that I understand or recognise .  

Surely you should be able to recognise that they are all Fraggles?

• Haha 2

On 23/10/2022 at 14:22, Bianco2564 said:

The only worthwhile thing to visit in Cov city centre is Machinemart

No it isn't . A lot of what they sell is pure shite . Some examples are , mild steel chromed Allen Keys  , Torx wrenches that shatter and screwdrivers with tips painted black to simulate hardening . The worst that I've bought are their screwdrivers with a hex on the end . It's actually a hollow mild steel pressing that's set in the plastic and is of no use whatsoever . Pure Dogshit ! 

• Like 2

@fastbob lol , you do have to be selective on what you buy. I've bought a Clarke engine crane ,engine build stand and tool boxes from there, all cheap for what they are but work fine. Also bought a 1/2 inch socket set over 20 years ago and that is really good quality. What i wouldnt buy are any spanners, screwdrivers, sockets or bits, their quality are you say are poop.

I bought a 240v Clarke Impact wrench from machinemart about 12 years ago and its doing fine. Bit heavier and bulkier than a decent brand but it does for what I need it. Guess its like anything these days, you need to do your research and check reviews etc before buying. 

I now know to keep away from their screwdrivers and allen keys!!

6 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Not bloody much. As it turns out I may well be flying out to join a ship on Thursday. So now scrabbling around trying to get my shit together.

Hope that goes ok for you. Must be tricky with your mum being so I'll. 

29 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Hope that goes ok for you. Must be tricky with your mum being so I'll. 

It's pretty crap to be honest. But my mum has already gone. What's left is only a shadow. Think I've managed to get her CHC so care is funded by NHS and things are supposed to be set up so she can move to a home close to where my dad lives. Turns out there's only 4 in Northumberland that can give the level of care she needs. Don't expect her to be here when I come home.

• Sad 6

Talk about being pissed off! Brought my bike over to Shepperton where its locked up when I'm away along with.my son in law's bike. All set to fly tomorrow morning and 10 minutes ago told everything was off as the guy I'm relieving is a Russian and the Yanks won't let him set foot on land at all. No idea when I'm going away now. More time home is always good but..... money.

22 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Edited by S-Westerly
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, S-Westerly said:

Talk about being pissed off! Brought my bike over to Shepperton where its locked up when I'm away along with.my son in law's bike. All set to fly tomorrow morning and 10 minutes ago told everything was off as the guy I'm relieving is a Russian and the Yanks won't let him set foot on land at all. No idea when I'm going away now. More time home is always good but..... money.

Might just be fate... 

For us,  the weekend starts on Friday. Driving,  not riding this time, although the first leg is on foot, so to speak.

Iona to Mull.

Mull to Oban.

Oban to Wolviston.

Wolviston to Whitby.

Whitby to Birkenhead.

Pick the bike up Monday morning from the exhaust shop, say a quick prayer that it doesn't fall apart again and ride an hour to work.

Probably sleep on Tuesday.

• Like 4

Cleaning bikes and hibernating them for the rest of the year. Job ended unexpectedly yesterday, as we have no work. The volumetric bathroom pods we meant to start building at the start of October has been put on hold for 3 months, so rollformer does not need to run. May still do NEC, though now I don't have to wait for the weekend to go. 

PS, I have been told if work picks up in January they will ring me and take me on through the company, not an agency 

Edited by billy sugger
  • Like 2

Sitting here looking at a brand new bike I have owned for two months and not being able to put a single mile on it. Why? because I didn't remember to cancel an indicator yesterday on my Mod-2. My instructor said in all the training he has spent with me I have never done that once. Muppet!!

Edited by veracocha
  • Sad 4

5 hours ago, veracocha said:

Sitting here looking at a brand new bike I have owned for two months and not being able to put a single mile on it. Why? because I didn't remember to cancel an indicator yesterday on my Mod-2. My instructor said in all the training he has spent with me I have never done that once. Muppet!!

Sometimes I press the button to cancel my indicators but it doesn't always switch them off

• Like 1