rennie

32 minutes ago, Bender said:

You just pick one up when you get there 🤦‍♂️ 

Some people end up marrying them :lol: 

Not me I might add :? 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Bender said:

You just pick one up when you get there 🤦‍♂️ 

And what if the fekker bites me ? I don't mind dogs but I much prefer my cats :thumb:

Got 3 doors to osmo oil up. Got them made by a local joiner and they are bloody lovely. Very good value as well.

Got to help the olds move a washing machine, and might meet a friend for a ride out on Sunday morning.

20220610_164301.thumb.jpg.5b9516950e8eb08d26131a925baa78bf.jpg20220610_164305.thumb.jpg.161a2fa1915f207d8006e2aef784f52e.jpg

1 minute ago, oldgrump said:

Going to Scotland in morning, lets hope them bloody midges aren't biting to much!😂😂.

If the weather is like today you won't even notice them . Just be prepared to move indoors as soon as the wind drops . Some friends have been in Skye all this week and it's been sunshine and total visibility every day . They actually saw the Cullin Hills ! What route are you doing? 

I'm just going to trundle aimlessly around on the bike to make up for last weekend . I couldn't go to the big Sportster day because I was struck down with a wicked bout of Sciatica . F*****g agony it was . I'm a lot better now and I've just had new tyres put on the Harley so off we go . I find the roads are by far the quietest on Saturday evening , probably because everyone has had a drink or two , that's my theory. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fastbob said:

If the weather is like today you won't even notice them . Just be prepared to move indoors as soon as the wind drops . Some friends have been in Skye all this week and it's been sunshine and total visibility every day . They actually saw the Cullin Hills ! What route are you doing? 

Based in lower Scotland next week, staying at a cottage in Tweedsmuir, so just doing across to Stranraer - Morpeth - probably Helensburgh - Dunbar, do top of Scotland in September based out of Aviemore, but have a photo top of Skye, never been to top of Skye, normally only get to filling station at Broadford😂

• Like 1

Hopefully meeting and riding with some former colleagues who are doing the RBLR Iron Butt. I haven’t met them since I “retired” nigh on ten years ago but we’ve kept in touch. Should be fun. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, billy sugger said:

Never made it to Daventry. Was sick during Friday night so lack of sleep and nausea meant I weren't fit enough🤮😢

Something you ate or a bug? 

What's wrong with parents. Get asked to come round and move their washing machine as they are having their floor done. Yep no problem will be round on Saturday. So what do they do just before I turn up, yep put a bloody wash on. 🤣

"Oh, Jimmy's coming round to the move the machine in half an hour. Must just pop a quick wash on. Just in case."

And of course a quick wash on a modern machine takes a good three hours 🤣

Edited by bonio

3 hours ago, goat said:

Something you ate or a bug? 

Not sure. Had a Chinese Friday night to celebrate someone leaving, and I felt rather bloated before eating it all, as though it was stuck in my gullet. Left the remainder of it, and went bed early to see if it would clear, but instead woke up and had to rush to the loo, though seemed to be more phlegm than food, but after that I could not relax and go back to sleep 

10 minutes ago, billy sugger said:

Not sure. Had a Chinese Friday night to celebrate someone leaving, and I felt rather bloated before eating it all, as though it was stuck in my gullet. Left the remainder of it, and went bed early to see if it would clear, but instead woke up and had to rush to the loo, though seemed to be more phlegm than food, but after that I could not relax and go back to sleep 

Rough. I had similar couple weeks back. Was ill for day and picked up after that. Seems to be a prevalence of stomach bugs around. 

13 hours ago, goat said:

What's wrong with parents. Get asked to come round and move their washing machine as they are having their floor done. Yep no problem will be round on Saturday. So what do they do just before I turn up, yep put a bloody wash on. 🤣

Every year we give my father-in-law a couple of tomato plants but he never gets any tomatoes off them. 

This year he ended up in hospital for three weeks and then stayed with us when he was discharged. We took him home on Friday. The first thing he did was to check his tomato plants and carefully remove all the nasty little yellow bits that had appeared on them. 

Yup.... he's been meticulously cutting all the flowers off them and then wondering why he doesn't get any tomatoes.

• Haha 6

Today went to A619 Diner first, nothing much there, then had a long ride around Chesterfield and then picked up the A61 towards Barnsley into Wakefield, through Outskirts on Leeds ring road, Horsforth, Seacroft A64 into Tadcaster then A162 into Sherburn and Squires and now back home via Ferrybridge and Snaith and Thorne :thumb: