Nob of the Day.......

Tango

This goes beyond nob of the day, however I award it to Doncaster Council, not only have they spent x amount of thousands on robotic gps line markers for the playing fields, they are also paying for some twat sat in a van reading a paper supposedly watching them 🙄

• Haha 4

Being a mug I agreed to lend a group some of our equipment which we have a policy of not loaning out. The problem was their event was on my day off and we needed the equipment back first thing the following day. So I agreed to spend my evening off picking it up at 8.00pm.

I arrived at 8.00pm as arranged to find the event in full swing - "We'll only be about another half hour". 

Maybe offer me a pint while I waited? No chance. 

At the end of the do they sat round merrily whilst I had to clear everything away, they watched me dismantle everything, carry it out to the car park, then be unable to load it as they'd parked across the loading area. So it had to carried bit by bit between their cars.

Not one single person lifted a finger to help me load the kit we'd lent them. It won't happen again.

• Sad 7

10 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Being a mug I agreed to lend a group some of our equipment which we have a policy of not loaning out. The problem was their event was on my day off and we needed the equipment back first thing the following day. So I agreed to spend my evening off picking it up at 8.00pm.

I arrived at 8.00pm as arranged to find the event in full swing - "We'll only be about another half hour". 

Maybe offer me a pint while I waited? No chance. 

At the end of the do they sat round merrily whilst I had to clear everything away, they watched me dismantle everything, carry it out to the car park, then be unable to load it as they'd parked across the loading area. So it had to carried bit by bit between their cars.

Not one single person lifted a finger to help me load the kit we'd lent them. It won't happen again.

Worse than nobs I'd say!

Complete dick heads.

• Like 2

My nob of the day is Vision Express. Sent a pair of specs I  for re-glazing on 31st March. Still waiting and after been fobbed off repeatedly turns out they cocked up the sizing. Wouldn't mind so much if they hadn't done the same job in a week 15 months ago. Won't be using them for this in future. 

• Sad 1

This week the cyclist who decided not to stop for the red light on his Boris bike who promptly got bounced off it by a BMW and rolled 20ft. He got up and walked around a bit but I guess he felt it in the morning. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fish said:

Poor BMW driver though :(

First times I've felt bad for a BMW driver. Cyclist, driver and car all seemed physically fine. Although as the cyclist was on a hire bike they had no helmet or anything on so probably felt it physically later on. I'm sure everyone was a bit shook up after the fright though. 

• Like 1

Knob of the day = me !!

Doing a bit of soldering, accidentally knocked the soldering iron off it’s stand ………. and automatically caught it - f’kin  Ouch !!

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

22 minutes ago, goat said:

Me. Bought two tarps off euro car parts. 6m x 9m I thought ideal and cheap. Turned up and of course they are 6ft by 9ft. 🤦

Sorry, shouldn't laugh, but this came to mind..

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mickly said:

Knob of the day = me !!

Doing a bit of soldering, accidentally knocked the soldering iron off it’s stand ………. and automatically caught it - f’kin  Ouch !!

I've done that in the past. Also, when I was a kid, doing some soldering on the dining table, my father came in and threw his nylon coat over one of the dining chairs - the one I had hung the soldering iron on! He was not pleased.

• Sad 1

I've done something similar at work. We have the fish filleting knives hanging up on a magnetic rack. Hung one up and it slipped off and started falling straight down. My hand shot out to catch it without thinking and I grabbed the blade.

Luckily I didn't need stitches :oops:

• Sad 5

On 21/02/2023 at 15:44, Throttled said:

Knob of the day is the man who punched me because I asked him to pick up the dog shit his dog left right outside our house. I knocked on the window and he went instantly into ballistic mode, denying it was his dog. He insisted on picking it up, even though it was not his dogs, but then he announced, very loudly, that he was going to come in and shove it in my face. The front door was unlocked as we were about to leave, so I met him there and decided to try and calm things down by apologising and accepting it was not his dogs. That did not work, but he did hand me the bag of shit. I was shouting at him to f**k off and walked him down the path, when he turned, I put my arms up and he hit me. I threw the bag of shit at him and got him a cracker, there was shit all over his face! We exchanged a few blows and really annoyingly, I stumbled and ended up on the ground. By then my wife and neighbours were out, so he backed off. He got me just on the side of my head and bent my glasses, which the optician has fixed. He got a bloody lip and the shit on his face.

The final result was we both got a warning that is active for 2 years, which does not count as a criminal conviction.  My life of crime is at an end.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, goat said:

Nob of the day, the mythical beast that dropped this on my windscreen. 20230506_090201.thumb.jpg.7d171355857970529e9166af9a134064.jpg

Must be a Norfolk thing! I parked my car for 2 nights in Diss last weekend, it was covered in bird shit!

So bad I had to wash it! :scratch:

• Haha 1