What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

tasks for today:

Check:

tyres pressure, bike and trailer

oil level bike only obviously :P 

reverse the bike. For this I will need to take shadow, trailer and air compressor out o I have enough space.

Load final luggage into the trailer and lock it.

Check they trailer is locked 3 times

Make sure I know where all keys are. (not saying names but wouldn't be the first to lock the garage with keys inside) 😂

Take the cat to my friends' house for the week

Have a wee rest

Get up at 4am, personal hygiene, geardup and put the bike out, attach trailer.

Must not forget the let the wife on the bike 😏

Turn sat-nav, intercom, tmps on

connect phone and intercom to gps

start the bike

finish putting on the gear (helmet and gloves

Swear several times while taking gloves off because I forgot to check the house keys in my pocket and that I closed the top box and need to open it 3 times to put some stuff in.

put gloves back on.

depart for my holidays at around 5am 😎 

Taking bets as leaving at 5am will never happen 🙄

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Mmm suspension. What shock ya got/waiting for?

I've since realised I went down at Palmer's, not sure what speed but it's my first proper slide on tarmac, and then rolly rolly once I hit the grass, which buggered the shoulder a smidge. Leathers are worn in at least and don't look like I've only just taken the tag off any more. 

I've surveyed the bike damage, and thankfully it's not that exciting. 

PXL_20210518_175510581.thumb.jpg.e6ea2887d59197e1c658cff9220f8eda.jpg

Snapped clutch lever (which was clean/fresh on! At least this time I'd done it myself...) and knackered the plastic bar end, slightly encroaching on to the bar, phew.

PXL_20210518_175448138.thumb.jpg.878fe1e5e3181b4ac3333c625ee5c0bd.jpg

In fibreglass we trust, apparently! Scraped and upset but not buggered.

PXL_20210518_141725497.thumb.jpg.6925092d28d598665e970450041f0cef.jpg

Part of the rearset is all wobbly but I have the replacement now, and it was purchased on on a nice 'in person deal' basis, thanks SES man (I didn't have quite enough cash on me). Only one bit bent, the peg is straight but worn at the tip. Strong stuff this 6082 ally. I wonder what is the best way to bend it straight again though. Some helpful chap came to see me once I was kicked out of the medical center, he'd directed the bike recovery team to dump it in the right place and then advised gentle heating with a plumber's torch and to coat the part in margerine before doing so to help even heating. But also I have access to a kiln for heat treatment and annealing... Hmm. I don't know the magic temperatures though. 

Just now, fullscreenaging said:

Has he been getting the hand me downs all his life? 😉

You're right there! 

He was trying to sell me the TL back :lol: 

• Haha 1

Larvely. Got to love fresh suspenders. I'm quite disappointed that the road out of the estate has been resurfaced, it was quite a good rough road test before. Now there's just the speed bumps to use. I think I need to reduce rebound or something because it flung the pillion seat off.

• Haha 1

Gave it a much needed wash and chain clean/wax. The water in the bucket was very dirty and I'm ashamed it got that bad. The weather just hasn't been playing nicely. 

I'd just got finished and put back under the cover when the heavens opened up.

Fish

• Like 1

Took the GT out for a ride, other half on the Triumph (with a fresh MOT & battery - hooray!).  Looked at the rainfall map from the Met Office - nothing of any consequence til 5pm (allegedly).  I got soaked as my trusty old IXL textile jacket is no longer waterproof.  So have bought an Oxford jacket, trousers and back protector from SportsBikeDirect using the affiliate link on here.  Managed to do 55 miles today.

Edited by Turbogirlie
  • Like 1

I do like my bike, it’s practically perfect for me as a bike to ride. But washing it is a right royal pain in the posterior, which is what I’ve done to it today. Too many nooks and crannies! 😡 

• Like 1

Went out for a ride today, 4 hours & only a couple of rain showers - a bit of a downer wearing vented leathers.

Best thing was the attitude of other road users, don’t think I’ve ever had a day where they were so accommodating ... moving aside to let me filter / pass, no histrionics, no hand gestures, no horns ... & to top it all at the head of a queue a young lady driving an Aston Vantage smiled & said “nice bike”

It gave me right twitch on 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

22 minutes ago, Marino said:

Got windshield spoiler, need to be tested this Sunday and finally after 4 years tank pad that I like.

Where did you get spoiler from?

12 minutes ago, gymwitch said:

Where did you get spoiler from?

Got it from Amazon, some 19£ just to test if it works or not. 
Other option is larger screen that goes over 100£, will see 

Justech Motorcycle Wind Deflector Motorcycle Windscreen Adjustable Clip On Windshield Extension Spoiler for Motorcycle Racing Bike
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Marino said:

Justech Motorcycle Wind Deflector Motorcycle Windscreen Adjustable Clip On Windshield Extension Spoiler for Motorcycle Racing Bike

I bought one of those a couple of years ago, found it worked well. 

• Like 2

So what to do with a dirty bike? Take it for a 52 mile round trip into Wales after work. Highly recommended, managed to unwind from the stresses of the working day. Bike still needs cleaning though...

187699578_966246680874020_8742898692435745648_n.jpg

191698938_966190594212962_4746987296497437373_n.jpg

• Like 6

22 hours ago, Marino said:

I'd be interested to hear how you get on with it. I was looking at one of those last week.

20 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I'd be interested to hear how you get on with it. I was looking at one of those last week.

I have something similar on mine and I highly rate them 

s-l1600.jpg

15907435714174452618444658831674.jpg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Let you know this Sunday, wife gave me a day off😀

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

I have something similar on mine and I highly rate them 

s-l1600.jpg

15907435714174452618444658831674.jpg

You already got decent windshield on your bike, will see how it work on my half windshield.

if it works it will be good 19£ investment