What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

40 minutes ago, James in Brum said:

Does it take effort to manifest such prickish behaviour or does it come naturally? 

do you want to do a list of what i can and cant joke about and what wont offend you sweetheart.

• Like 1

Right! That is enough! just let it go and move on

stop it with the insults!

I don't want to take action but I will if I have to:twisted:

I was having a good weekend, don't spoil it

• Like 2

Removed the engine from the donor bike, keeping the engine, rolling chassis off to ebay ....

ri7QeN%QTZK%mdL0fLjbPA.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, James in Brum said:

@Stu just deleting stuff is not good enough. If Six was doing this with racial slurs he would get a ban (I hope).

Not sure what I have missed here as I'm out on the bike in @dynax's neck of the woods :?

8 minutes ago, Trooper74 said:

Removed the engine from the donor bike, keeping the engine, rolling chassis off to ebay ....

ri7QeN%QTZK%mdL0fLjbPA.jpg

remember having one of those , use to ride it over the fields, sold it for the grand sum of £28 .

Rode 240 miles round Yorkshire Dales yesterday...wow just wow. Just finished washing all the bug guts off it and fit a new tank protector. 

Just fitted pannier racks and top box doofah.....now to pack up and naff off soon i hope !!!

Screenshot_20210531-170007_Telegram.jpg

Screenshot_20210531-211028_Telegram.jpg

Screenshot_20210531-211004_Telegram.jpg

Edited by gymwitch
Adding more content
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Stu said:

Not sure what I have missed here as I'm out on the bike in @dynax's neck of the woods :?

The professionally outraged are walking amongst us ...... again  ...🙄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gymwitch said:

Rode 240 miles round Yorkshire Dales yesterday...wow just wow. Just finished washing all the bug guts off it and fit a new tank protector.

Screenshot_20210531-170007_Telegram.jpg

Dead bugs I can only recommend, snow foam.

one of these and about 250ml of snow foam does my whole trophy..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kärcher-26431470-Capacity-Pressure-Accessory/dp/B00HH9QI1C/ref=asc_df_B00HH9QI1C/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=310912632850&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11385766880459097618&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006900&hvtargid=pla-352263311682&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

Spray it on and wipe it, then wash off, I generally follow with quick foam and final spray off...

It’s not show room clean but gets rid of the worst.

I am tempted by one like this to rinse after dirty rides when they are not going to get a better clean...

https://youtu.be/LawviQVHZC4

I already have in the garage a hand spray fresh water wash for winter salt...

• Like 1

And then there was one ..... other bike sold in just 3 hours on the ebay ...

Still need a downpipe, lefthand panel, righthand panel inset panel, rear footrests, gear lever .... and a re-wire .... Huzzah ... nearly done ...😅

MZ TS 150 .. Weltmeister !!

pmp0JRKMTFGIYB60k1m5nA.jpg

Edited by Trooper74
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, Pie man said:

went for a ride around Wales, I tried the new screen with the spoiler on today, ended up at an angle to deflect the wind on my shoulders, helmet in clean air around the chops. 🤣 I'm not sure about it on the small screen.....interested to see how you get on with it 

Inked20210530_145500_LI.jpg

So I did try everything today, it work, deflect most of the wind over the helmet just creates so much noice. It works best on speeds over 60, 70.

it will go on for long motorway miles, but for short blasts it will be without. Shame as it looks so good.

• Like 3

Ended up doing 165 mile round trip through the Brecon Beacons, towards Swansea and back along the A465 to Hereford then home.  Not bad for only my 8th trip on the GT (now christened Archy).  I love this bike and am so glad I bought it. 💕. Apologies for the map being the wrong orientation, this phone leaves me feeling very technically challenged at times... 😂😂😂

IMG_20210531_190107_9.jpg

IMG_20210531_140203_7.jpg

IMG_20210531_141548_1.jpg

IMG_20210531_140219_2.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, onesea said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kärcher-26431470-Capacity-Pressure-Accessory/dp/B00HH9QI1C/ref=asc_df_B00HH9QI1C/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=310912632850&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11385766880459097618&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006900&hvtargid=pla-352263311682&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

Spray it on and wipe it, then wash off, I generally follow with quick foam and final spray off...

I am tempted by one like this to rinse after dirty rides when they are not going to get a better clean...

Thanks ill get one of those !!!

First May day coast run on the mighty 125.... 🤣

182 miles, £7 in momentum petrol, slightly sunburnt, decent company (colleague from work, but no work chat) and a chain that needed a lot of adjustment when I got back home. Just short of 11 hours in the saddle, but a top day was had.

May be an image of coast, ocean and nature

Fish

Edited by Fish
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, onesea said:

I've just ridden through a load of Mayflies . Juicy buggers aren't they . 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, fastbob said:

I've just ridden through a load of Mayflies . Juicy buggers aren't they . 

Never forget my first motorbike v fly encounter country lane, hedges either side. funny ping/thud noise coming from my tank, for second got a bit louder then they hit my visor. Have not met swarm like that since.

They made a mess, another reason a like a part faired bike...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, onesea said:

Never forget my first motorbike v fly encounter country lane, hedges either side. funny ping/thud noise coming from my tank, for second got a bit louder then they hit my visor. Have not met swarm like that since.

They made a mess, another reason a like a part faired bike...

As of this morning the Mayflies become Junebugs .... is isn’t nature amazing ...😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yesterday I took a leaf out of @fastbob book and changed the engine oil and filter along with the transmission oil on the Harley ready for our little trip to Herefordshire next week.

Think I will probably use the bike to travel back and forth to work this week and maybe pick up a few more tags.

Cheers

Ian

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Gerontious said:

Summer has arrived and early evening rides are becoming quite exciting.

bugs.jpg

I've almost had flies that bad once . I was riding past the Cotswold Water Park late one warm evening . In the road ahead I could see what appeared to be dense columns of smoke but when I rode through one I discovered that they were composed of millions of some kind of lake fly . My visor went from clear to zero visibility in an instant so that I had to just brake in a straight line and hope for the best . Luckily , I was prepared for just such an event . TOP TIP . Whenever you visit a KFC with help yourself Clean Up Tissues , fill your pockets . I've just realised that that was the same night that I got nicked by my arch enemy Gloucestershire Constabulary for overtaking a Breakdown Truck on double white lines . 

Edited by fastbob
  • Like 5