What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

10 minutes ago, gymwitch said:

Washing little Betty to make her look sparkly and clean for her new adventure 🥺 if i could keep her i would. I had planned to strip her down and do all those niggly little jobs but our friend is so excited about getting her and hes a lovely chap. I might see her from time to time if he wants me work on her for any reason I DONT WANT HER TO GO !!!! He even calls her Betty 🤣🤣🤣 he had better look after her or I'll kick his ass. 

I feel the same having to let go of Bridget :sad:

• Like 1

Driven it to Snetterton Park. That's right driven, on a trailer. No more track day plebbing about for me, riding it in like a numpty. Although a van would be even nicer. I have set up a tarp, it is sunny as owt now but it gonnnn rain 

PXL_20210518_082704679.jpg

Edited by smallfrowne
Added shot of toilet blocks, my fave.
  • Like 6

Booked it in for MOT for 1pm 

Changed the led headlight bulbs as they are now a fail :roll:

Thought I best give it a once over and discovered the front brake light switch wasn't working! 

Not an issue it will just need a clean up! 

It fell apart so 31 quid for a new one and rushing about to get it 

16213360867325194526547087912649.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 quid! Snod thought I was ripped off at about 13 euros when we were away in the Germany and I managed to get one from a Dutch biker cafe with adjacent biker shop, which I thought was predominantly a clothes shop but crossing my fingers worked a charm. Can't beat a good faff and a rush job though.

Also, at the end of the last session it started funderin and lighterning. But it's also sunny and hot, but still quite wet. Nearly dinner time. 

6 minutes ago, smallfrowne said:

31 quid! Snod thought I was ripped off at about 13 euros when we were away in the Germany and I managed to get one from a Dutch biker cafe with adjacent biker shop, which I thought was predominantly a clothes shop but crossing my fingers worked a charm. Can't beat a good faff and a rush job though.

Also, at the end of the last session it started funderin and lighterning. But it's also sunny and hot, but still quite wet. Nearly dinner time. 

13 euros is pretty reasonable to be honest! 

I had to go genuine due to the time constraints :mad:

13 minutes ago, Davidtav said:

I’m not sure that’s the case any longer. This MOT guidance seems to say they should pass

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/special-notice-01-21-headlamp-conversions

It's irrelevant to be honest as I have changed them and they will get changed back when I get home :lol:

You should have asked to see the MOT manual wand be pointed to the section that fails replacing the halogen with HID or LED's

When I had my MOT back in Feb I asked about the conversion and the guy said that they won't fail an MOT if the lights were converted to LED unless the quality was so poor that would fail regardless of the type of bulb.

That would be, sine March, the only reason to fail a MOT. Most cheap LED bulbs have the wrong format and the low beam doesn't comply with current standards.

2 hours ago, Stu said:

Booked it in for MOT for 1pm 

Changed the led headlight bulbs as they are now a fail :roll:

Thought I best give it a once over and discovered the front brake light switch wasn't working! 

Not an issue it will just need a clean up! 

It fell apart so 31 quid for a new one and rushing about to get it 

16213360867325194526547087912649.jpg

Same here last MOT. It was working the day before when I checked, then packed in at the MOT place. Fortunately I managed to find all the bits and stuck it back together again with a smear of copper grease to stop it sticking again. I oredered a spare just in case and of course found they are assembled with no grease inside them. Seeing as they are very exposed to weather it's no wonder they fail so fast.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Same here last MOT. It was working the day before when I checked, then packed in at the MOT place. Fortunately I managed to find all the bits and stuck it back together again with a smear of copper grease to stop it sticking again. I oredered a spare just in case and of course found they are assembled with no grease inside them. Seeing as they are very exposed to weather it's no wonder they fail so fast.

There was no hope for mine unfortunately! 

Anyway celebratory ride😂

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1621344290324_6800410842284128091.jpeg

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, SometimesSansEngine said:

What's that blue stuff above the castle?

I was going to say the photo is upside down and it's the sea but that would be brown 😂😂

• Haha 6

Shit piss bugger. Gave it the beans in the wet and it didn't like it, it didn't like my pathetic thin sauce, pasty own brand beans.

PXL_20210518_123751238.thumb.jpg.42a073618bb0ab746db97dffd412327c.jpg

Time for a yoghurt. And then home PXL_20210518_135533420.thumb.jpg.7172b303281742d4a0b1835696e52e6e.jpg

But it turns out the good thing about Snetterton is that yer SES rearset man is 8 mins away. Another good thing is the corner I'm assuming is called bomb hole. I'm not sure which corner I came off of but it wasn't that lovely one. There's too many corners to remember, I'm still lost thinking about it. 

• Sad 3

After 23 years in the hostile, fast jet, military, environment, i can tell you with complete honesty ...

If you’ve put it back together without having AT LEAST 2 items left over ....

Somethings Missing ....!!!!???!!!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, fastbob said:

If it rains another evening I'm going to have to do my CBT . 

no it isnt great at all its really putting me off taking the bike for it's mot

• Like 1

After spending 1/3 insulting myself yesterday, today I decided to fix the mirror 🙄

So went from this

IMG_20210520_190546.thumb.jpg.0c0c7c0b8fef3d6f5bf078935b2c741d.jpg

And well wasted my time spraying the bike for now having this 😡

IMG_20210520_190433.thumb.jpg.0c181482ba0d7822095425da632fe96f.jpg

Temp (or maybe definitive) Fred Flintstone type mirror

IMG_20210520_190416.thumb.jpg.754efbaa9e9f1f25e97e5821140ac5c3.jpg

Not too bad and it works.

A dedicated stick on mirror from ebay will cost just under £15 while an original from Honda will be over £100.

1 hour ago, skyrider said:

no it isnt great at all its really putting me off taking the bike for it's mot

I was the same! I don't normally allow mine to run out but I did just that the other week! 

I didn't have the enthusiasm to get it done! 

It's done now though 

3 hours ago, fastbob said:

If it rains another evening I'm going to have to do my CBT . 

Chin up @fastbob Things are starting to get better - Saturday is looking dry 👍

• Like 2