What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Washed it this morning, after yesterdays ride 200 mile round trip, up to Kirkby Lonsdale, back down through Forest of Bowland. As soon as I got to jnc 36 - M6 the heavens opened and it absolutely lashed it down. 😁

• Like 1

Thanks so much peeps !!! Im sorry for my absence but work has gone stupid !!! Not complaining. Going to contribute to the mod1 & 2 & theory threads about my experiences as soon as i can and update the nc23 progress or lack thereof. Also might've got another bike 🤔

• Like 1

Finally got the VT700 gasket and I can finish the work

IMG_20210504_105206.thumb.jpg.d11cbaf31ebbc40325cbbb0522af3fb7.jpg

That goes here

IMG_20210428_221618.thumb.jpg.3826c68e685222cd2a050c22f6bac008.jpg

new switches already in place

IMG_20210428_221710.thumb.jpg.768ecc7d0ef7258f89cf90525a74595c.jpg

This will be done later today

• Like 3

3 hours ago, gymwitch said:

Thanks so much peeps !!! Im sorry for my absence but work has gone stupid !!! Not complaining. Going to contribute to the mod1 & 2 & theory threads about my experiences as soon as i can and update the nc23 progress or lack thereof. Also might've got another bike 🤔

Whatcha bought Gym?

Cheers

Ian

• Like 1

Went out on the Speedtriple to meet up with a mate on his Daytona- stopped & had a coffee & a chin wag - got bloody soaked coming home & nearly sh*t myself when it thundered, got home & put the bike away just 2 minutes before we had an epic hailstorm, lucky to dodge that one!!

89AD3588-1D89-45D7-AC73-18B9CFB09CE2.thumb.jpeg.b5792aa2b0d372046f2a666e2d2ee37c.jpeg

Edited by Mickly
Typo
  • Like 3

I got caught in it coming home so...

today I washed the bike as it was bloody filthy. 
I went to Chris Walker Kawasaki in Grantham for annual service. It was the 4 year one, so plugs needed changing. 
I also had some braided hoses for them to put on. 
It was wet and bloody windy on the way there. 
When I set off for home it was sunny but still very windy. Then half hour later there were showers, then rain. 
When I hit Horncastle it was horrendous. The winds picked up and when the hailstones came down visibility wasn’t very good. I kept the pace up behind a wagon and a car that fluctuated between 50 & 56 until the weather broke at Caistor. It felt like it had taken 4 hours to what probably took 30 mins. 

It was the second worst weather I’ve ridden in. 

The worst was on a Trip to N Ireland back in 2008. I couldn’t see 10 feet in front of me. The rain was coming down so hard it was bouncing back up higher than my helmet!!

Edited by fullscreenaging
  • Like 2

Today I did not take my bike, I saw the forecast this morning and took the car..  

My extended commute 20 mile each way was on lovely dusty dry bend roads.  

The same forest roads in the wet are slippery mud covered bends...

However 5 minutes after I got home..

IMG_20210505_175519_330.jpg

Nothing to mine today but changed the tyres on a mate GS to something more road biased 

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1620228430065_6795730585137923573.jpeg

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1620229846036_6795736524150257246.jpeg

They was a right pain in the arse to change! 

They was very tight on the rim both new and old tires 

With tubes too so makes it a bit awkward as you are always trying to make sure you don't nip the tube and put an hole in them 

• Like 5

Took the fuel sensor out of the shadow.

Thermistor faulty.

Ordered new one. Awaiting for delivery to repair it and put it back together.

18 minutes ago, gymwitch said:

Taken the carbs off again......cleaning fuel lines....  ABLOODYGAIN !!! This bike better be worth it 🤣

All part of the journey I`m afraid.

Just remember it was free at the point ownership started !

Cheers

Ian

21 minutes ago, gymwitch said:

Taken the carbs off again......cleaning fuel lines....  ABLOODYGAIN !!! This bike better be worth it 🤣

I had to take the carbs of the shadow 4 times until I realised that I would be better doing the complete job properly end to end.

Then the bike was happy and decided to work.

"A shortcut isn't always the quickest route..." 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, husoi said:

I had to take the carbs of the shadow 4 times until I realised that I would be better doing the complete job properly end to end.

Then the bike was happy and decided to work.

"A shortcut isn't always the quickest route..." 

I have done the bike end to end. There was rust and shit inside the tank but must've been on the roof of it. Then someone, not naming names, run her out of petrol. So big clean up job again but tanks getting done elsewhere. 

5 minutes ago, gymwitch said:

I have done the bike end to end. There was rust and shit inside the tank but must've been on the roof of it. Then someone, not naming names, run her out of petrol. So big clean up job again but tanks getting done elsewhere. 

That's  why I never let anybody touch my bikes :) 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Crl said:

Little ride round today

It's pissed down from dawn till dusk here in the Midlands . 

• Sad 1

I was thinking of changing the oils on the Harley  today  but the rain never let up long enough . If anyone thinks Harleys are expensive to maintain , think again . I'll be using Wilkinson's 20/50 Mineral Oil at £16 for 4 liters in the tank . I've done my research and that's more than adequate in such a simple engine . 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, fastbob said:

I was thinking of changing the oils on the Harley  today  but the rain never let up long enough . If anyone thinks Harleys are expensive to maintain , think again . I'll be using Wilkinson's 20/50 Mineral Oil at £16 for 4 liters in the tank . I've done my research and that's more than adequate in such a simple engine . 

Not a wet clutch !!

Made the mistake of using standard car 10/40 Castrol in the Trophy, leading to mucho clutch slip ... at least that’s what I’m hoping once I can afford to get it all together.