What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Gave the big girl a good clean down, and prepped her for a lie down until next year put fuel stabiliser in the tank and hooked up to the trickle charger. 1st time I've owned a bike and not rode it through the cruddy season. 

IMG_20220909_151309.thumb.jpg.96fa9455d98381fa7066f4692e537a8e.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, MikeHorton said:

Gave the big girl a good clean down, and prepped her for a lie down until next year put fuel stabiliser in the tank and hooked up to the trickle charger. 1st time I've owned a bike and not rode it through the cruddy season. 

IMG_20220909_151309.thumb.jpg.96fa9455d98381fa7066f4692e537a8e.jpg

All the best for the Op and rest up and take it easy :thumb:

• Thanks 1

Replaced the locks on the panniers and top box so they all used the same key. 30 mins all in, but I have to say top service from Mad4Bikes. Parts ordered at 2pm, arrived first thing this morning.

• Like 4

MOT'd the Silverwing today, passed with a couple of advisories on brake fluctuation.

Already bought a new disc for the rear as he commented on it last year, but I couldn't  get the disc retaining bolts undone despite all the usual heating,soaking and hitting the bolt heads.

New pads improved it but its not really noticeable on the road.

Will have to buy a front disc and pads and have another crack at the rear one.

Did 8000 miles in a year, now on 72k.

5 hours ago, Bianco2564 said:

MOT'd the Silverwing today, passed with a couple of advisories on brake fluctuation.

Already bought a new disc for the rear as he commented on it last year, but I couldn't  get the disc retaining bolts undone despite all the usual heating,soaking and hitting the bolt heads.

New pads improved it but its not really noticeable on the road.

Will have to buy a front disc and pads and have another crack at the rear one.

Did 8000 miles in a year, now on 72k.

Unless the MOT states to replace the disk I'd just leave it if you're happy with the braking . Removing stubborn disk bolts is rarely an experience that ends well . In the incredibly unlikely event that the police should question it , just tell them you stuck new pads in and it seems a lot better . 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, fastbob said:

Unless the MOT states to replace the disk I'd just leave it if you're happy with the braking . Removing stubborn disk bolts is rarely an experience that ends well . In the incredibly unlikely event that the police should question it , just tell them you stuck new pads in and it seems a lot better . 

The tester did also mention a lip on the rear disc and he did repeat the brake test several times so clearly its a bit borderline in his eyes. Even though its probably going to be a ball ache I think I'll get them changed before next year.

Front will be easy as that's been off already, will just need a bit more determination on the rear.

3 hours ago, Bikeowner said:

Rode the bobber and decided that it's getting cold so do I sell or tuck her up for the winter ?

Tuck.

You'll thank yourself next Spring.

Rode the Bobber, got it filthy so it went up on the lift and had a thorough clean. Spokes cleaned with ACF - the chrome isn't as good as it used to be so they will rust if left with damp on them.

It will go out on drier days over the winter but not when there is salt on the roads.

The CBF is currently clean but will earn its keep during the winter as it's my all weather workhorse.

• Like 1

Fixed my sticking brake light switch . Nothing actually wrong with it but the master cylinder piston was sticking badly . A bit of WD40 to separate the boot from the plunger and it's right as rain . No more melted tail light bulbs which , incidentally are the same as fitted to a Jeep so you can avoid Harley Tax . 

Edited by fastbob

3 hours ago, husoi said:

New (plan B) oil filter and sump plug washer in standby if new K&N filter doesn't arrive in time before Fri.

image.thumb.jpeg.861378e5252493d8f285e46d488bc904.jpeg

@husoi why not just fit the Honda one anyway? Them ones ain't cheap compared to HIFLO so why have it as a shelf ornament  😳

18 minutes ago, billy sugger said:

@husoi why not just fit the Honda one anyway? Them ones ain't cheap compared to HIFLO so why have it as a shelf ornament  😳

The one I want to fit is a K&N, the OEM will be used on next service.

I don't think I will buy another Hiflo again

6 minutes ago, billy sugger said:

@husoi I've never used a K&N, only Hiflo or OEM, so how good are they? 

K&N are rated as top notch filters usually used in racing and high performance.

According to K&N their casings are made of thicker metal and will last longer or endure a more harsh use.

Because I ride frequently throughout the year water corroded the HF.

Hence going for a more expensive one.

First time using it so I can't say about how good they are.

Only when I change it next year I'll be able to tell how they compare to HF.

Maybe I will cut open the old one and keep it until I replace the new one and compare the 2.