What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

12 minutes ago, fastbob said:

Welcome back . What have you been up to then ? I've got a proper Harley now courtesy of Mr Frog and he's gone and got an even bigger and madder one . James in Brum appears to have quit motorbikes for now and all the usual old scrotes are still chuntering on ..

Evening Bob, Mr Frog did tell me you was buying his Harley, how you getting on with it, enjoying it ? 

i've had a couple of trips away on bike this year , weathers turning now though, im a proper fair weather rider now :-D

James in brum is probably glued by both hands to a road some where in London.

21 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

"Chuntering!"

I'll have you know I count my contributions to this august assembly as the height of eloquence. 

Didn't have you down as one of the "usual scrotes". I stand corrected,

Edited by bonio
to make it read proper
  • Haha 1

On 14/10/2022 at 10:13, Six30 said:

Professionally cleaned ….. how lazy , unless it was a topples tart doing it .

Unfortunately not it was a middle aged man. Bit cold for toplessness there days anyway. Was the ceramic coating, rust proofing that it was mainly in for but needs to be properly cleaned before applying that stuff. 

• Like 1

Not today but yesterday I took the bike for its final service at BMW! warranty is out in June then I will just do it all myself 

£253 lighter for engine oil and filter rear final drive oil and brake fluids :roll: 

6 hours ago, Stu said:

Not today but yesterday I took the bike for its final service at BMW! warranty is out in June then I will just do it all myself 

£253 lighter for engine oil and filter rear final drive oil and brake fluids :roll: 

It must be very special oil and fluids!

Rode the bike in some pretty windy and very wet weather. First time in ages. Felt very wobbly. There is definitely a thing, bike fit, where if you ride regularly, you are better at it. I have gone from being very fit, to very unfit.

• Like 4

@Fish do the old bill let you squeeze through if you filter to the front of the queue?

I sense a bit of fun if that`s the case (Harley noise and doggy poop bags maybe lol).

But of course I wouldn`t entertain that kind of reprehensible behaviour.

Cheers

Ian

• Haha 1

Whilst the sun was out.... ok it was dry at least I got out for a couple of hours to tour the dealers looking at possible change options.

First time of putting the winter gloves on and my god they feel strange, bulky and will take a few more trips out to get 'used to' again

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Fish said:

Whilst the sun was out.... ok it was dry at least I got out for a couple of hours to tour the dealers looking at possible change options.

First time of putting the winter gloves on and my god they feel strange, bulky and will take a few more trips out to get 'used to' again

Does feel odd when the winter gear goes back on. It's great that 1st summer ride when you can wear thinner gloves and a mesh jacket. It won't be long again well that's what I keep telling myself 😂

I've garaged mine for the winter now so I fitted all the touring accessories ( Screen , backrest , bags ) cos I'm fed up of shifting them around in my little flat . 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fastbob said:

I've garaged mine for the winter now so I fitted all the touring accessories ( Screen , backrest , bags ) cos I'm fed up of shifting them around in my little flat . 

ooh pics please I have never seen her with ALL the skirts etc on.

Cheers

Ian

• Like 1

Looked out of the window, the sky was black and the rain was pouring down so I put my wet gear on. 

Literally two minutes up the road and it bone dry and the sun was shining.

Stopped in a lay-by (which wasn't empty by the way) took the wet weather gear off. 

Five minutes later it's lashing down again.

• Haha 4