What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

New boots for the DRZ. Had to replace the inner tubes too, as they'd had glued themselves to the rims. All in all 400 freakin pounds 😱.

Free coffee while I waited, which makes it all fine. 🙄

Edited by bonio
for clarity
  • Sad 1

I got told not to ride the bike for just over a month. Hernia ops suck the fun out of life but have to be done I suppose. Just now bored until I'm allowed to do stuff again.

• Sad 3

6 hours ago, RideWithStyles said:

Looking nice.

yes still a bit of a niggle with the bm's micro switches, ill be surprised it its cheap with bmws general policy of supply a complete unit replacement only (bolstering there homeland supplier) if you was to replace it yourself.
luckily its only the cruise and nothing real Important.

Well, very surprised to find it was only £65. I always assumed BMW's policy was a minimum of £300.

https://bmw.europe-moto.com/gb/32-steering/64889-clutch-control-assembly.html

• Haha 2

Filled it up prior to a run out and at the local Shell garage the petrol has gone from  144.9 to 152.9 in a week. 🤬

• Sad 2

On 25/08/2023 at 15:09, JRH said:

Filled it up prior to a run out and at the local Shell garage the petrol has gone from  144.9 to 152.9 in a week. 🤬

Shell. say no morer.

fuel down the road is £1.43.7

nearest Shell is £1.52.9

I don't go to Shell.

I didn’t ride it, I needed my car that’s full of tools.  However my daughter rode over to us later in the day.   

She loves riding the New Forest on a bank holiday.  On her 50cc at 34mph she is no longer the slowest vehicle (including petrol powered).  
For most part she could enjoy the ride, without watching her mirrors for the next…

On the way home she was only a minute behind us after 15 miles.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 25/08/2023 at 15:09, JRH said:

I avoid the shell garage near me at all cost. Robbed me of 50p once when the tyre inflator took my money but never worked. 😂

W9FEiDM.jpg

oZVIpj2.jpg

cLedW4C.jpg

JiUR0la.jpg

Dodged the showers and had a nice run down to Goodwood with a mate. Surprised to see few bikes out for a Sunday, unless something was going on elsewhere...or the slightest hint of rain put folk off. Anyway, nice little 120 mile loop done and burger consumed. Bosh.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gerontious said:

Shell. say no morer.

fuel down the road is £1.43.7

nearest Shell is £1.52.9

I don't go to Shell.

Up till a week ago the Shell garage was within 2p of the nearest supermarket and as the Shell is half a mile away as opposed to 2 miles to supermarket the bike usually gets filled up at Shell.

Just now, JRH said:

Up till a week ago the Shell garage was within 2p of the nearest supermarket and as the Shell is half a mile away as opposed to 2 miles to supermarket the bike usually gets filled up at Shell.

Depending on the particular day our local Shell is sometimes the cheapest fuel near me. Even cheaper than local Tesco. Also its the petrol station that's on my direct route out of town so I often use it. TBH when I'm putting about 15 litres in the difference is about 60 p so not exactly eye-watering. 

2 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Depending on the particular day our local Shell is sometimes the cheapest fuel near me. Even cheaper than local Tesco. Also its the petrol station that's on my direct route out of town so I often use it. TBH when I'm putting about 15 litres in the difference is about 60 p so not exactly eye-watering. 

That’s why I tend to use the Shell for the bike, but not for the car. 🤣

• Like 1

Went scoping out some green lanes, there’s one leading over the busy Burton Dassett hills, never have I had so many disapproving stares while doing something legal.

• Haha 1

So my bro and I don't have loads in common but he started riding earlier this year and I finally managed to get to see him for some maintenance (replaced his sprockets, chain, and rear drums) and a ride out (he's a couple of hours away, weather and a breakdown scuppered out last efforts). 

Had a great time! 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Mickly said:

Went scoping out some green lanes, there’s one leading over the busy Burton Dassett hills, never have I had so many disapproving stares while doing something legal.

Nice place, Burton, but too many bloody sheep and too much sheep shit

Aaaand got pulled over on the way home for 'undertaking' which isn't even illegal so why is a law enforcement officer telling me off about it?! Wasn't speeding. 

£100 fine for the small plate, no points. Would've got away with it cos I was polite, but my mate was pulled on my bike a couple of years ago for speeding so I get a fine?! Strange. I get that a small plate is illegal but anyway. Kinda rather he just left the latter bit out and fined me buuut I've told my mate who is gonna buy me dinner to make up for it so that's okay. 

Lol apparently this weekend was 'national engage well with bikers' weekend. Great work chaps. 

Edited by geofferz
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, geofferz said:

Aaaand got pulled over on the way home for 'undertaking' which isn't even illegal so why is a law enforcement officer telling me off about it?! Wasn't speeding. 

£100 fine for the small plate, no points. Would've got away with it cos I was polite, but my mate was pulled on my bike a couple of years ago for speeding so I get a fine?! Strange. I get that a small plate is illegal but anyway. Kinda rather he just left the latter bit out and fined me buuut I've told my mate who is gonna buy me dinner to make up for it so that's okay. 

Lol apparently this weekend was 'national engage well with bikers' weekend. Great work chaps. 

Bit harsh. First job I did on the Thunderbird was change the small metal plate for a road legal plastic one. The smallest legal one I could find was online via JDM.

1 hour ago, Fiddlesticks said:

Bit harsh. First job I did on the Thunderbird was change the small metal plate for a road legal plastic one. The smallest legal one I could find was online via JDM.

I thought legal was a standard size? 

Edited by geofferz