5 notices of impending prosecution in the post

James in Brum

Had a random Google story thrown at my phone today, I say random but Google knows all.

Anywho, basically it was about the income of one camera van for one force that at standard fine rates had raked in 200k in 2yrs, now it has to be spent on road safety of course.

• 3 months later...
9 minutes ago, James in Brum said:

There is an outcome to this. I have been very lucky and although given enough points in court for a ban I have been allowed to keep my licence because of my work role and the impact upon others if I could not drive for it. 
I am very fortunate and the court were very reasonable in their response including the fines and costs levied.

good news you can still get about.... i,d be scared to ride it though , one more slip up :-(

15 minutes ago, James in Brum said:

There is an outcome to this. I have been very lucky and although given enough points in court for a ban I have been allowed to keep my licence because of my work role and the impact upon others if I could not drive for it. 
I am very fortunate and the court were very reasonable in their response including the fines and costs levied.

Nice one James, glad to hear this result for you.

7 minutes ago, Six30 said:

good news you can still get about.... i,d be scared to ride it though , one more slip up :-(

I went fifteen years without anything and then had six really stupid days. I know exactly what you mean. I have no wriggle room. I can do that though.

• Like 2

Wow, only 11 points. 
I think I was very lucky today. 
a story for another day but I am not sure I would pay for a solicitor again. I did not have one in court but paid early in the process for one. It was going to 1800 pounds to stand next to me in court and I just could not afford that.

Edited by James in Brum
Missed a bit
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, geofferz said:

Nice mate. Just for reference my mate got done doing over 100 3 times in a week, got a 28 day ban, 11 points and a £1000 fine the other day. 

twat

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, James in Brum said:

Wow, only 11 points. 
I think I was very lucky today. 
a story for another day but I am not sure I would pay for a solicitor again. I did not have one in court but paid early in the process for one. It was going to 1800 pounds to stand next to me in court and I just could not afford that.

Sometimes you make your own luck. I'll bet quite a few guys would have been a dick about it and ended up with a different outcome. Take some credit for handling it well.

• Like 2

So you'll be the man being very careful to not be exceeding any speed limits anywhere for the next few years. Still better than not riding / driving at all. Wouldn't like to be paying your insurance though.

I'm pleased for you James a big relief I'm sure. I knew all would be well, you just put your case across to justify  no ban. Like I said before courts do listen and your track record is taken into account, as you say a crazy week. Onwards and upwards mate 

Will see once the fine is paid if I can afford it @Stu.

on the way to work today, with the exception of on the motorway, every car overtook me and lorries pestered behind me to go more quickly. 
this has mostly been the case for months now but it was the first time it was every car.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

So you'll be the man being very careful to not be exceeding any speed limits anywhere for the next few years. Still better than not riding / driving at all. Wouldn't like to be paying your insurance though.

My mate's bike insurance went up £50 a year only

• Like 1

On 14/12/2020 at 19:45, dynax said:

Just swap the petrol engine for an electric motor, jobs a good un, no licence needed :thumb:

Just spotted this . Whatever gave you that idea ? 

12 hours ago, Stu said:

Excellent :thumb:

Celebrate by buying a sat nav :popcorn:

:lol:

I would highly recommend TomTom Amigo with SatNav

Yes it’s free get it to turn  on when ever connected to Bluetooth mine does on car hands free and bike headsets.  

You can set it to give reminders at speed limit or speed limit +1 + 5 or +10 mph

Shame it cannot do 10% of speed limit +3mph but that’s just me.  I know zero tolerance etc....

PS @Stu Atleast your better at promoting your sponsors than selling your sat nav 😀

• Haha 1

This was an interesting read, Ive heard stories about the smart motorways getting people multiple times in a journey etc. Had a few tickets over the years and on big bypass roads that you assume are faster but are 40. I actually missed the sign saying 40 as a horse was in the road futher up as I joined near sheffield. Still got the points though.

Those saying Banned! I guess never ever went over the speed limit,, in a bikers forum! if not well done you.. I think James was upfront and accepted he was wrong without comments about what he deserved..

Glad the outcome was decent mate

• Like 1