Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

On 08/09/2021 at 18:24, goat said:

My observations on Walsall (just observations not judgements.

Everyone has a ring doorbell.

Even in the crappiest of areas the majority of cars will be 19 plate or newer.

People have interesting takes on summer wear- guy in his 50s, somewhat overweight, walking along carrying shopping bags wearing only a pair of Speedos that I suspect were the correct size 30 years ago.

Here's classic Walsall, Mr Singh after a bargain!

Had a timely reminder that when things are not going so well they can always get worse. A young colleague of mine who I mentored in his earlier career was killed over the weekend in heavy weather. Such a f**king shame and from what I hear totally unnecessary too. Another seaman died with him as well. Life's a gold plated bitch.

• Sad 8

Well it could get nasty as they died doing something they didn't want to do but were pressured into by the Master. Also the Mate who died was the son of a senior officer in the Indian  Air Force so I suspect he'll push for and get a proper enquiry. I hope they do and if they identify an individual responsible they throw the book at him.

• Like 5

Interesting moment last night coming home from a late meeting. I came round a bend in a dark lonely rural lane and there were two badgers right in the middle of the road. 

I went to the left, and the first made a dash to the left. I switched to the right and the other silly bugger legged it to the right. 

Fortunately I'd carried a tickle on the front brake into the bend so I slowed just enough to make the gap they'd left in the middle.

They were the size of grizzly bears. Or so it seemed at the time 

Edited by Mississippi Bullfrog
  • Like 5

On 09/09/2021 at 22:18, goat said:

Back in Norfolk, I like it here. Might have to back to Walsall next week though. Trying to avoid it. 

That’s a fun journey <sarcasm alert>.

I lived in Norwich until 2 yrs ago, and my mum lives just outside Walsall (my daughter lives near Lichfield) so it was a fairly frequent trip for me.

Look on the bright side, you don’t have to get stuck in the traffic queue at Elvedon nowadays (the A11 was all single carriageway and the A14 didn’t exist when I used to commute weekly from Solihull to Norwich!).

• Like 1