Things you don’t like….

Troy

On 16/07/2023 at 12:24, rennie said:

I don't like employment agencies!:twisted:

I got my last 3 jobs through agencies so, I like em. A paint to deal with often yes, but still. 

• Like 1

On 16/07/2023 at 08:34, onesea said:

At present is management.

So far this week:

- First 10 hour shift, meal break outside 3 hour window 15 minutes late away from work which is about normal,

- Advanced warning if not compliant with uniform we will get immediate verbal warning (reminder came complete with quotes from disaplinary policy), to be honest this was our line manager quoting instructions given to him,

- 10 hour shift turned into 10 hour shift with no break,

- 10 hour shift turned into 12 hour shift however we where given meal break and it was in the allocated 3 hour time slot, getting reports of some teams being told to break. In some quite firm/ rude manners.

Prior to this

- I have had to apologize for raising to management the problems caused by working on the hottest day off the year 29c with no air conditioning on vehicle.  This was after 7 hours with no break or access to additional water - my behaviour by raising issue was unacceptable. We just had to get in with job.

I am guessing higher management are due checks and inspections again.  Last time they got pulled up for how they treated staff, so they are trying to improve things for us!

I like my job but the way we are treated is appalling.

When's your parole 😂

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Fozzie said:

Things I don't like

1. Intolerance of others

2. Lists

3. The Dutch

1. Dr evil

2. Carnies - circus folk, small hands - smell like cabbage

3. The Dutch 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, geofferz said:

1. Dr evil

2. Carnies - circus folk, small hands - smell like cabbage

3. The Dutch 

Ah, I see you too like to live dangerously... 

4. Mooooooole

5. ...MOLE...

6. Moley moley moley moley

• Like 2

For me it’s:

1. Discourtesy.  I’m quite old school as that’s the way I was brought up by my Mum - politeness, saying ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ cost nothing and can bring a smile.
  2. Pretty much any form of pointless social media which seems to support the aim of giving a soapbox to people with nothing important or vaguely interesting to say purely for clickbait.
  3. Linking to point 2, journalism. Scaremongering and saturation coverage of every story of even mild interest - would we have all queued for bog roll if it hadn’t been frightened into not having anything to wipe our @rse on (and would there have even been a shortage if they hadn’t). Constantly covering the cost of living crisis - OK, times are tough but the expectations is always that the government has to come to the rescue? People’s level of entitlement is growing, but with the next breath they’re moaning about nanny states and taxes. But most of all, those lazy journos who just regurgitate the sh1te on social media… I.e., something happened and someone on Twitter said this, whilst someone else said this… Who gives a flying f@ck about your views on the topic?!?!?

Ooo, this was fun, thanks for the idea. I feel like Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation 😆

• Like 3

On a happier note my ship was delayed for a few hours so my bags caught up with me an hour before joining the ship. Still hate BA though.

What's wrong with the Dutch? Pretty harmless in my experience. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

They speak there mind and say it as it is, some don't like that.

They also speak English with a strange twang.

I like there gin, salted liquorice and smoked eel plus some others.

11 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

On a happier note my ship was delayed for a few hours so my bags caught up with me an hour before joining the ship. Still hate BA though.

Austin powers quote about the Dutch https://youtube.com/watch?v=zcUs5X9glCc&feature=share7

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Tankbag said:

Folks who are coming off at the next exit, dive in front & then stand on their brakes.

People who drive down a motorway slip road at 40mph then wonder why they can’t merge with the traffic. 

Plus.

Politically manufactured “Culture wars”  from extreme political stances of all colours. 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

As Geofferz posted, a quote from Sir Michael Caine in Austil Powers. A more overt one, I sometimes slip movie/tv quotes into some of my responses. Me and my siblings can effectively talk in movie/tv quotes, often making a game out of finding the best fit/comedic line to use. 

If I posted what I actually don't like, we'd be here all day :lol:

Plus people have covered off social media, that's pretty much my biggest gripe due to the increasing conspiracies, degeneracy, and political division it creates.  

• Like 2

22 hours ago, husoi said:

Boxes of painkiller that could easily take 50 tablets but only have 6.

Generally done to make it harder for people to overdose.

Horrible thing to try, generally its months later when the effects catch up.  It's far from a quick and painless death.

1 hour ago, onesea said:

Generally done to make it harder for people to overdose.

Horrible thing to try, generally its months later when the effects catch up.  It's far from a quick and painless death.

I know why.

If anyone wants to overdose they can go around several stores and buy 2 boxes from each.

Where I live I would get around 12 boxes within a 500m range. Not to mention that nothing stops you from going in and out the same supermarket and use different counters.

Note: I do not condone anybody to do it.

Dog owners who talk to non dog owners persistently about their dog.

Dog owners who do nothing about it barking its stupid head off all the time.

People who drop litter and flytippers.

E-scooters.

People who eat fish in the works canteen.

Drones that buzz over my house.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Bianco2564 said:

Dog owners who talk to non dog owners persistently about their dog.

Dog owners who do nothing about it barking its stupid head off all the time.

People who drop litter and flytippers.

E-scooters.

People who eat fish in the works canteen.

Drones that buzz over my house.

Used to work with a guy who would microwave a tin of mackerel with a jar of curry sauce and eat it for lunch. The smell 🤢🤮🤮