What you doing this weekend?

rennie

A nice long run today to the Norfolk HD Club  Sportster day . I took the A14 which is one of the most boring roads imaginable so I came back on the A47 for the sake of variety . Not too many Sportsters there but it was a very pleasant afternoon . I even won a rosette for the exceptional condition of my bike . 

IMG_20210704_145351942.jpg

IMG_20210704_145413743_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210704_150238954.jpg

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Six30 said:

just had a flash back to my nans kitchen back in 1971 

And I bet she was a delightful lady 😋

Like the complete opposite of her grandson 🙄

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, husoi said:

Today I finished a table for the trailer :)

split in 3 sections so it fits nicely inside the trailer.

Anchors onto the trailer's locks and have 2 removable legs.

Is kept straight by means of the central locking bar while the latch catches keep it together.

Made out of plywood (table) softwood (legs) oak (locking bar) PVC frame and H joining profile.

Think that this completes the trailer :thumb: 

table3.thumb.jpg.d5f0f69e60fb044ca90367e8de36f93a.jpg

table2.thumb.jpg.b9671c5ac87381f61cffd89ef33c877c.jpg

table1.thumb.jpg.2213d806032f860fa324d7d67af2579f.jpg

under1.thumb.jpg.4de01fe09aa47b2a23ebfd4ec1c17477.jpg

under2.thumb.jpg.812f5178ed10d6664c614a969a23bf31.jpg

Have you got room for the kitchen sink as you've got just about everything else. 😁

34 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Have you got room for the kitchen sink as you've got just about everything else. 😁

Humm.... 🤔

On 04/07/2021 at 15:55, Ian Frog said:

Wish I had known you could have met us on the way and we could have taken the piss out of all those surveyors/dentists  who wanted to be 1%ers lol.

Cheers

Ian

Hey less of the surveyors if you don't mind, 😂

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, fastbob said:

A nice long run today to the Norfolk HD Club  Sportster day . I took the A14 which is one of the most boring roads imaginable so I came back on the A47 for the sake of variety . Not too many Sportsters there but it was a very pleasant afternoon . I even won a rosette for the exceptional condition of my bike . 

IMG_20210704_145351942.jpg

IMG_20210704_145413743_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210704_150238954.jpg

nice one Bob well done 👍

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pie man said:

🤫 I'll be getting a reputation 

Don't forget the camera so you can prove it to people hat you go for rides.......

7 minutes ago, Stu said:

Don't forget the camera so you can prove it to people hat you go for rides.......

Do I have to position the bike in a beauty spot with rolling hills and a river in the backdrop or would any old shitty layby do

1 minute ago, Pie man said:

Do I have to position the bike in a beauty spot with rolling hills and a river in the backdrop or would any old shitty layby do

Beggars can't be choosers but any new dogging spots would be fine.............

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Stu said:

Beggars can't be choosers but any new dogging spots would be fine.............

Who's noticed what the picture is on the July page of the MBF Calendar ? Luckily there are perforations so I can look at my bike all year . 😉

• Haha 1

Weather looking to be another Scottish summer weekend... 🙄

Probably refurbishing the seats for the shadow and look for boots. The ones I have at the moment decided to become water dams, rains a bit and I get them full....

Hope you are wrong and the weather is nice tomorrow going to take a run down to Oban. Hopefully it won’t be too busy heading down the A82 by Loch Ness. The Ft Rd down from Inverness can be a bit crowded with tourists looking for Nessie  

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Amayah said:

Hope you are wrong and the weather is nice tomorrow going to take a run down to Oban. Hopefully it won’t be too busy heading down the A82 by Loch Ness. The Ft Rd down from Inverness can be a bit crowded with tourists looking for Nessie  

One of the lads from Fort Augustus lost a few toes last year down by the Loch, got a bit carried away overtaking tourists, till one unexpectedly turned into a Loch side lay-by. 

Lovely roads but can be dangerous as they all can be. 

Biker  died drumnadrochit last week 😔 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah I’ve been using the route Inverness to fort Augustus since a spotty teenager way back when the roads were quiet. Think the biker you  might be referring too is from not too far from here. Won’t put his name as it might be disrespectful. Nice guy. It was on the road to drumnadrochit but happened close to a Inverness   Sadly there was the three kids hit a few miles further out not long ago either where the 16 yr old sadly died. It’s a great Rd for bikes but just now with a huge staycation boom and a lot of people not used to driving rural roads it’s incredibly busy and people dawdling along looking for Nessie. It’s like the NC500 too much traffic. Inverness has a bike meet night on a Tuesday and a couple of weeks ago it was to ft Augustus and the loop back round through foyers etc. Nice wee evening run and in the evening Road is much more fun and a lot quieter 

• Like 1

@Amayah foyers side is much better 😁

The Loch Road has always been bad, the blacksmiths son from Invermoriston died in an accident pretty much first trip out when he got his car, that's prob over 50yrs ago, pretty much all the kids in ft Augustus when I was young had full roll cages and all wanted to be rally drivers but without the skill required. 

If I manage to finish refurbishing the seats for the Shadow will go for a ride around the highlands :thumb: 

(weather permitting)

• Like 3