Nob of the Day.......

Tango

On 30/04/2021 at 16:39, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

So be warned. If you're buying oil from Halford do not trust the tablet, ask the guys at the tills.

I was told same thing from guy on counter at Europarts when I bought some brake pads from them online. Didn't fit caliper at all despite being the correct ones according to their system. When I went into store to return them, the computer he used specified the correct ones

1 hour ago, Tiggie said:

I was told same thing from guy on counter at Europarts when I bought some brake pads from them online. Didn't fit caliper at all despite being the correct ones according to their system. When I went into store to return them, the computer he used specified the correct ones

Not as safety critical as brake pads (or as potentially expensive as the wrong oil), but had the wrong wiper blades (for the car, obvs) from the Euro car parts website, but the chap at the counter when I took them back got the right ones first time

• Like 1

Silly young woman on a road near home today.

Went to work in the M3 to pick some things up, nearing home on a side road, goes to overtake a parked car when said woman just pulls straight off her drive behind the parked car and near craps herself when she sees the BM about to drill the side of her car.

We both stop and she reverses back onto her drive without any apology and I drive by, watched her in the mirror and she hoons back out into the road and gone.

I had three yesterday. The first was a lady who exiting the M56 decided not to stop at the red lights on the junction. Fortunately I had clocked her approach and sussed she wasn't going to stop.

Then came the HGV driver who ignored the signs and tried to squeeze his lorry under a low bridge on a rural single carriageway lane. 

Then was the farmer I was following who had piled his trailer with bush cuttings, until half of it fell off blocking the road. 

• Haha 1

Me 😁 

Took guard off beard trimmer to clean, half asleep from too much work (blatantly an excuse), forgot to put back on, Hmmm it's pretty much now a 0.5 if such a grade exists, look like a convict 😂 

• Haha 6

Facebook, got locked out but can't unlock it as it's requesting verification from an old number despite having the number updated just recently, and no other means to unlock it 🤬

23 minutes ago, dynax said:

Facebook, got locked out but can't unlock it as it's requesting verification from an old number despite having the number updated just recently, and no other means to unlock it 🤬

Yeah. forget about facecrap... :thumb:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dynax said:

I would regard that as a good thing and take the opportunity to move forward without fakebook.

Cheers

Ian

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ian Frog said:

I would regard that as a good thing and take the opportunity to move forward without fakebook.

Cheers

Ian

I wish I could but I was in the middle of negotiations on a possible sale of the bike, so now I can say goodbye to a possible 1200 quid, twats

Just now, dynax said:

Not when you have lost a possible 1200 quid from a sale

Ah, the market place black hole...

Missus is always complaining about it.

25 minutes ago, husoi said:

Ah, the market place black hole...

Missus is always complaining about it.

I think he means lost the sale due to not been able to access his account! 

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

I think he means lost the sale due to not been able to access his account! 

That's the one, logged on earlier and was in final stages of doing the sale and arranging a viewing, logged out to do something else then went to log back in and got locked out.

Our local council, who have just announced that in two weeks time you'll be charged for taking anything that isn't garden or food waste to the local recycling centres.

For example: £4 per sheet of plasterboard.

Hello massive increase in fly tipping.

• Sad 2

Previously they just had limits on number of bags per week instead, eg 6 bags of hardcore. 

Even tyres will be £3.50 each. 

I've never littered in my life, can't stand it, but considering you also need to book your visit in advance now too you just know lazy feckwits will just take it to a hedge and toss it....

On that note, the council said "report fly tipping, it's jolly serious and can incur a £50k fine" but honestly, country lane, late in the evening... who is going to catch you? I genuinely couldn't bring myself to do it but you just know plenty will.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SometimesSansEngine said:

Previously they just had limits on number of bags per week instead, eg 6 bags of hardcore. 

Even tyres will be £3.50 each. 

I've never littered in my life, can't stand it, but considering you also need to book your visit in advance now too you just know lazy feckwits will just take it to a hedge and toss it....

On that note, the council said "report fly tipping, it's jolly serious and can incur a £50k fine" but honestly, country lane, late in the evening... who is going to catch you? I genuinely couldn't bring myself to do it but you just know plenty will.

Our local recycling center is still free and you don't need to book, but the lanes round us have been filled with fly tipping since Covid began.

On 07/05/2021 at 17:24, SometimesSansEngine said:

Our local council, who have just announced that in two weeks time you'll be charged for taking anything that isn't garden or food waste to the local recycling centres.

That’s exactly what happened here...18 months later and they talking about scrapping the recycling fee.

On 07/05/2021 at 17:24, SometimesSansEngine said:

yep that is indeed what's going to happen

Me, sort of.

Sold my cavalier in March and the only part left was a complete std exhaust.

Stuck it on ebay and someone bought the cat within 5 mins.

Put the rest back on 4 weeks ago for £50, not a sniff of an offer or any interest.

Got fed up tripping over it so chucked it down the tip yesterday.

Forgot to delist it and got an enquiry this morning after it.

An easy £50 down the drain.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Me, again 😂 

Went to get stuff at wickes for work today, went to Costa in van, it's right next to it and has drive through, so far so good.

Places order, whole milk latte, Turned into sketch from little Britain, sorry what, latte, whole milk, oat milk, whole milk, almond milk, finished with me saying, blue milk in a rather sarcastic tone, drive round.

Greeted with, speak to me like that again and I will poke your fecking eyes out. 

Ohhh how we laughed, not sure if Costa train staff with these quips or if it was just ad hoc 😂 I could have been highly offended and probably had her in bother but tbh it was nice to hear constructive feedback 😂 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Bender said:

Me, again 😂 

Went to get stuff at wickes for work today, went to Costa in van, it's right next to it and has drive through, so far so good.

Places order, whole milk latte, Turned into sketch from little Britain, sorry what, latte, whole milk, oat milk, whole milk, almond milk, finished with me saying, blue milk in a rather sarcastic tone, drive round.

Greeted with, speak to me like that again and I will poke your fecking eyes out. 

Ohhh how we laughed, not sure if Costa train staff with these quips or if it was just ad hoc 😂 I could have been highly offended and probably had her in bother but tbh it was nice to hear constructive feedback 😂 

British  customer service at its best! 

• Haha 1

The poor sod who was riding his Ténéré around the M25 last night in the heavy rain. My car was aquaplaning, so god know how he was managing.

Fish