Nob of the Day.......

Tango

Me and the misses...

I was going to post this on the NC500 thread but here is probably more apt..

We did our plant identification today..  We inherited it from previous owners we always referred to it as the bush that wouldn't die.

It had flowered:

IMG_20220414_170221_150.thumb.jpg.85e1a9f73f1e7fae985c67b1483dc532.jpg

We noticed the flower whilst the dog was nibbling on it. 

Misses commented that if they where ill, that those leaves where often in their vomit.

Google helped us identify it, Honeysuckle.

The googled further:

"Every part of the honeysuckle plant is highly toxic to dogs.

Honeysuckles are a gorgeous addition to your garden and, for the most part, are okay for humans to ingest. However, honeysuckles are poisonous to dogs who are very attracted to the plant’s sweet smell, stickiness and enticing aroma."

The plant is now in the front garden, we are no longer poisoning our dogs.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The guy stood in front of me this morning at the supermarket, he was farting like a good'un but trying to let them out slowly, if you are going to fart in public at least own it :lol:

Edited by dynax
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Me …. Going all the way to Donnington Park for a Classic bike festival as advertised in MCN, only to find it they were lying .. it’s not until July!!

The ride back along the A444 was, er Spirited 😉

• Haha 3

Mrs Mickly!!

I have a microfibre cloth that I use exclusively for cleaning my helmet ( Settle down there at the back !! ), got home today and wiped it down only to see it covered in a white residue ( for gods sake stop it you lot !! ), I sniffed it ( right! that’s detention for all of you ) and diagnosed that Mrs Mickly had used it to clean the inside of the windows at it smelled unmistakably of windowlene!!

When confronted with the evidence she cracked, admitted her sins and gave me her hankie to polish it off.

Foot note: I was of course in the wrong as I shouldn’t have kept it in the kitchen where I clean my helmet, but in my sock drawer 😕

• Haha 9

On 06/05/2022 at 16:24, Mickly said:

Mrs Mickly!!

I have a microfibre cloth that I use exclusively for cleaning my helmet ( Settle down there at the back !! ), got home today and wiped it down only to see it covered in a white residue ( for gods sake stop it you lot !! ), I sniffed it ( right! that’s detention for all of you ) and diagnosed that Mrs Mickly had used it to clean the inside of the windows at it smelled unmistakably of windowlene!!

When confronted with the evidence she cracked, admitted her sins and gave me her hankie to polish it off.

Foot note: I was of course in the wrong as I shouldn’t have kept it in the kitchen where I clean my helmet, but in my sock drawer 😕

You need the MucOff optix kit to hold the visor/helmet cleaner and micro fibre cloth well away from windolene. 😉

DCB9376B-C5EC-463C-9BF9-93E9B49E29F0.jpeg

• Thanks 1

The Just Eat rider, on his bright orange moped, L plates proudly displayed,

who was trundling along quite happily, oblivious to The World! at appx.25mph,

In the middle lane of The M5 near West Brom! :scratch:

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, rennie said:

He might have been delivering to the traffic cops :lol:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, rennie said:

That's dedication, needs some good marketing like 'we will risk coming a cropper to deliver your whopper' 

• Haha 4

My nob of the day goes to the DVLA, yesterday I received a warning letter to tax or sorn my bike. The bike is the one I bought from @Boro Dave which as soon as I received the V5c I went online to sorn it, database shows already sorned, fair enough. Went online yesterday to sorn it as obviously the system had caught up, oh no still the database shows it as sorned, went on their FB page and highlighted this issue for them, as I can't sorn a vehicle that is currently sorned :scratch:

• Like 2

Me.

We have a small stream (or burn, as they call them around here) running through our garden. I managed to drop my iPad in it while taking photos of the garden. 

Bugger!

Luckily only the speakers have been affected and I can listen to stuff via Bluetooth. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

Today I nominate me, for running out of petrol in the dinghy...

Infront of quay full of crabbing children.  To make it worse we don't actually carry oars (they get pinched to easy).  

However the dinghy thwarts (seats( work wonders.

So we lifted the seats out and used those.  

We must of looked most odd...

• Haha 9

Two days ago sitting in the filter lane to turn right at a big crossroads on the A45 in Coventry , a Lamborghini driven by a grinning idiot comes from the left also making a right turn . The car is very closely followed by a black BMW that's trying to turn inside it . Next follows the classic Supercar mistake , flooring it while still turning from a standing start . Vroom , screech , THUMP !! I look over my shoulder to see a growing cloud of dust and smoke and slowing traffic . Yep , another Lambo wrapped around a tree .I didn't stick around but the traffic was still moving slowly half an hour later . When are these idiots going to learn ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Me (I think?)

cleaning the flies off my visor & realised that my Cardo unit was missing from its base !!!

Fuk, fuk, fukkity fuk 🤬

It’s probably beside the road somewhere & considering that it’s been a couple of weeks since I used it for satnav it could be anywhere! 
Must have not clipped it in properly I gues.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 5

4 hours ago, Mickly said:

Me (I think?)

cleaning the flies off my visor & realised that my Cardo unit was missing from its base !!!

Fuk, fuk, fukkity fuk 🤬

It’s probably beside the road somewhere & considering that it’s been a couple of weeks since I used it for satnav it could be anywhere! 
Must have not clipped it in properly I gues.

Sadly you won’t be the first I have heard of this happening to…

On 03/06/2022 at 20:14, onesea said:

Today I nominate me, for running out of petrol in the dinghy...

Infront of quay full of crabbing children.  To make it worse we don't actually carry oars (they get pinched to easy).  

However the dinghy thwarts (seats( work wonders.

So we lifted the seats out and used those.  

We must of looked most odd...

One of the funniest things I saw was an elderly couple in a dinghy who had some kind of tiny electric outboard connected to a car battery by crocodile clips . Well it might have been ok for going ashore in dead calm conditions but these silly sods were heading out to sea by trying to battle against the Race at Teignmouth .  This act of lunacy was performed right in front of all the Bass fishermen , including myself , that line the Race . When they eventually became swamped , the motor , which resembled an electric whisk , packed in and they were mercifully swept back into the safety of the harbour . Still makes me chuckle to this day . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Today's muppet is the DVSA. I had one of our cars MOT'd on 13 August 2021, with the MOT due to expire on 28 August 2021. So my MOT certificate shows the expiry date of the current MOT as 28.08.2022.

But the online check shows the MOT expires on 8 July 2022.

Presumably this will cause a problem when I send it in for test as they won't be able to MOT it the usual month early and give me a text valid until 28.08.2023. I'll lose nearly two months 🤬

Updated....to be fair after a phone call it turns out it was some kind of glitch and the details have been corrected. Took ages to get to speak to a human being though. 

Edited by Mississippi Bullfrog

• 2 weeks later...

Today it's EE. The network is down so they tell you to use wi-fi calling. They obviously don't realise that WiFi calling is unavailable when the network is down. 

And when you on the website and ask to be kept updated it won't accept any details. 

Not impressed.

Two from me today.

1. Guy on a scooter zipping in and out of traffic, really dangerous and aggressive at commuter time. Open Face helmet, shorts, trainers, no top at all. I could see where he got scalded by the sun recently, the outline of where his vest and been visibly snow white against the glowing red of his arms, back and shoulders. 

Doing 40 in a 20 and massively aggressive. Only time before skin meets tarmac. 

2. Tw@t in a Bentley 4x4 cut out from a side road, didn't look, into traffic, across a bus lane, nearly ploughed through a few cyclists on their way to work. 

The so-called engineer who advised us he'd knock off the aircon for 2 hours around 0700 when it was cool. 10 hours later we still have none. Its 30+ outside and a gas tight accommodation has zero natural ventilation so it's utterly vile inside. 35 C and not a breath of air and 88% humidity. Outside its cooler and more pleasant apart from the shot blasting, hydroblasting and general racket plus  you have to wear a safety helmet and a covid muzzle or get on the spot fine of $300. I hate this bloody place.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

I feel for you. On a cruise once my Wife took the card out of the slot and went for a walk first thing in the morning while I was asleep. Obviously taking the card out meant she switched off all electric and aircon. I woke up thinking I was Paul Newman in Cool hand luke :roll:

So pretty much exactly the same as what you are going through :mrgreen:

• Haha 4