Nob of the Day.......

Tango

2 hours ago, Tiggie said:

I vote my cat for laying in a perfectly placed spot to block the remote control from working..........every single fecking night :lol:

PXL_20211206_185901828.MP.jpg

Remote controlled cat? 🤔

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Bender said:

Wtf, how old is your TV, why does your phone not have an app to control it 😁 

Good job by the cat 😂 

Is this a thing nowadays?

Our TV is so old none of the original apps in work anymore. I think they fell out of it when we moved house.

Mind you, I can't remember the last time we used it. It may not even work anymore.

36 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Our TV is so old none of the original apps in work anymore. I think they fell out of it when we moved house.

Mind you, I can't remember the last time we used it. It may not even work anymore.

That's the way manufacturers have to make you buy a new one.

They stop supporting the apps or the device itself so you go and get a new one.

The same is happening to my "MyCloud WD drive" had it since 2012 and has been working perfectly but now WD wants  to sell me a new one so they are stopping the app that makes the interface between the drive and the internet.

6 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Yup, our lg's are part of the iot and phone controls them, Alexa could as well if I plugged it in 😂 

Either me or Sony. 

New PS4 firmware update released, (9.00) about a month back, meant to improve things/smooth out settings, etc. 

Some owners had issues with the update, but mine was fine. That is until I installed update 9.03, meant to correct the issues, and would have been installed automatically if online. 

Damn thing crashed my console. Turned it on to have a bash on Assassins Creed, but console would not load. Kept entering safe mode and asking to update to 9.03,??? WTF, I've just done that!! Have now had to undertake a complete reinstalation, which has wiped all my saved data and games,and I had hundreds of hours invested in them since lockdown started. AND I WAS ON THE VIRGE OF FINISHING SKYRIM AND AC VALHALLA. (rant over) 🤬

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Me.

I left the car door open last night.

Not just a little bit open but full on get-the-baby-out-of-the-back open.

There was frost on the inside of the windows this morning. Just lucky it didn't rain!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Me, at the weekend twice.

First I smashed OHs favourite tea mug.

2nd, put some of the Xmas lights up out the front of the house in the wrong places so they didn't reach when I got to the end of the run. Up ladder, down ladder, move ladder, up, down, up, down, grrrrrrr.

• Haha 5

16 hours ago, Bianco2564 said:

Me, at the weekend twice.

First I smashed OHs favourite tea mug.

2nd, put some of the Xmas lights up out the front of the house in the wrong places so they didn't reach when I got to the end of the run. Up ladder, down ladder, move ladder, up, down, up, down, grrrrrrr.

never mind it will be easier when you are taking them down 😆

Whoever does the quality control for the dried peas we use at the shop :shock:

You expect to find the odd stone in a sack, would be strange not to. This however is taking the piss!! Not to mention the steel nut! Heads will be rolling tomorrow I'm sure

IMG-20211213-WA0005.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

My nominee today is the lorry driver who drove at 20 mph for a few miles in a single lane 50 zone of the A14.

After it opened up to two lanes he sped up, presumably decided it wasn't the lane for him and pulled out in to lane two, hitting a car and spinning it in to the crash barrier.

Luckily I was a few cars back so missed the debris field and the car driver was unhurt.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Tiggie said:

Whoever does the quality control for the dried peas we use at the shop :shock:

You expect to find the odd stone in a sack, would be strange not to. This however is taking the piss!! Not to mention the steel nut! Heads will be rolling tomorrow I'm sure

IMG-20211213-WA0005.jpeg

Maybe it's a peanut🤣

• Haha 3

My shadow last Sat.

Was getting ready for my first official meeting with BACA to visit a child.

Just while I was holding the lid the shadow decided to take a nap and felt off the side stand.

Don't ask how that happened because I have no idea. 🤔

As result I had to ride with a bent clutch lever and the left side mirror snapped the thread and fell off 🤬

Yesterday managed to fix the lever with the blow torch a large adjustable spanner and my DIY bench vice.

Still have no idea how I'm going to fix the mirror.

The thread (3 or 4 turns) is gone but still plenty inside further down.

This is in the clutch fluid reservoir so can't modify that much. 🙄

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Mr Fro said:

My nominee today is the lorry driver who drove at 20 mph for a few miles in a single lane 50 zone of the A14.

After it opened up to two lanes he sped up, presumably decided it wasn't the lane for him and pulled out in to lane two, hitting a car and spinning it in to the crash barrier.

Luckily I was a few cars back so missed the debris field and the car driver was unhurt.

Hopefully he'll get his licence pulled. Sounds a complete dick.

10 hours ago, husoi said:

My shadow last Sat.

Was getting ready for my first official meeting with BACA to visit a child.

Just while I was holding the lid the shadow decided to take a nap and felt off the side stand.

Don't ask how that happened because I have no idea. 🤔

As result I had to ride with a bent clutch lever and the left side mirror snapped the thread and fell off 🤬

Yesterday managed to fix the lever with the blow torch a large adjustable spanner and my DIY bench vice.

Still have no idea how I'm going to fix the mirror.

The thread (3 or 4 turns) is gone but still plenty inside further down.

This is in the clutch fluid reservoir so can't modify that much. 🙄

Can you insert a helicoil?

Just now, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Can you insert a helicoil?

I would like to avoid it. that means widening the thread.

It is an option although I was considering the option to extend the existing thread to reach the good bit further down.

Grrr...we have a house we let in Chester. The previous tenants left so we spent the summer decorating it. New tenants signed in October but they had to give notice where they were before.

They were both in work but on zero hours contracts which made the tenancy agreement more difficult but I'm not the mind of person who kicks someone when they're down.

They were due to move in tomorrow and have just pulled out. So that leaves me £2500 put of pocket and no redress. 

The media like to portray landlords as rogues, but it's just as likely to be the tenants.

Next time no more Mr Nice Guy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Sorry to hear that. My wife sold her property when she moved in with me we were in 2 minds whether to rent it out but for me it was a lot of stress. Hope you get a new Tennant lined up shortly. When I used to rent many many years ago I had some great landlords

My Aunt rented her home in the North East to a visiting professor from the USA who lectured at Newcastle University. She and my uncle were out in Brunei where he worked. When they came home the tenant had done a bunk back to the USA with 3 months rent owing and had trashed the house. It needed complete redecoration and replacement of the furniture. She never rented it again.

We sold our rental property in Norwich when we moved up here. The house was rented to my son but he moved out about the time we relocated. We’d heard many horror stories from friend and thought it too much hassle and risk to rent it out at a distance of 300 miles … 

Just as well we did as we misjudged how much renovating this place would cost… the cash is needed… 

My boss has a couple of apartments he rents out. A few weeks ago he called in at one of them. He noticed there was a load of furniture and kitchen appliances packed into one of the bedrooms. He asked the lady renting it what it all was and she eventually came clean and said she had moved a work colleague in to help him out.

She then said she didn't want him in the apartment any more but was scared to tell him to go!! :lol:

My boss was not impressed with the situation and said he would tell him to leave but obviously wasn't happy she had moved someone in to his building without informing him!

He met the man and was gracious enough to give him a week to get his things out. The man's response was to say he had looked into his tenants rights and he had to be given 28 days!!

My bosses response was " you are not my bloody tenant so get your things and get out!!!" 😆

• Haha 4

When the wife and I moved in together we debated renting out one of our old houses but decided it would be too much arseache with things getting broken or damaged and whingy tenants.

I do have a property in a swanky seaside town in Kent. We could be doing very nicely out of it but the tenant hasn't paid me a penny, even after I fitted her a ritzy new kitchen!

... She is my mum though. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5