What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

42 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Broke my bloody screen. Freak accident. Parked on a sloping cobbled place on Barnard Castle Market Place. As I was getting off bike a car on my left opened door and I shifted away and bike and I toppled into car on other side. No harm to car but broke my screen and squashed my already damaged leg under bike so now hobbling around. Will have to refit oem screen which wife will bring up on Tuesday. I'm in a filthy mood.

At least it happened this side of the channel…

Sorry to hear that and I am sure it could have been worse but it don`t feel that way at the moment.

I would suggest a good drink and a book/film (Delete for personal prefference) and hopefully it will look better in the morning.

Cheers

Ian

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S-Westerly said:

Broke my bloody screen. Freak accident. Parked on a sloping cobbled place on Barnard Castle Market Place. As I was getting off bike a car on my left opened door and I shifted away and bike and I toppled into car on other side. No harm to car but broke my screen and squashed my already damaged leg under bike so now hobbling around. Will have to refit oem screen which wife will bring up on Tuesday. I'm in a filthy mood.

And nob of the day goes to.........................:seeya:

Passed its MOT, informed the front pads have around 2-2.5mm remaining. When I got home I measured the discs, and they are also boarderline for replacing. So just need to find the best place to get them from.

I'm sitting in a MacDonalds . There is a Premier Inn through the hedge and I can say with total honesty that I don't know where I am . And I'm not that bothered . 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, billy sugger said:

When you think about it, how can you be lost if you don't know where you are going to in the first place

“You have to be lost fo find a place that can't found.” Hector Barbossa

or in motorbike terms if you know where you are how are you going to find somewhere new?

I regularly just turn left or right to see where I end up, have found some cracking places and great roads.  There are a few that are roads less travelled for a reason.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fastbob said:

I'm sitting in a MacDonalds . There is a Premier Inn through the hedge and I can say with total honesty that I don't know where I am . And I'm not that bothered . 

The last time I walked into a McDonald's I was met with a bank of screens rather than a human being. I walked right back out and won't be going back. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

The last time I walked into a McDonald's I was met with a bank of screens rather than a human being. I walked right back out and won't be going back. 

I had the same problem when there was nobody to show me to my table,  or furnish me with the wine list.

• Haha 6

Mc Donald's I will happily eat on motorways and hot days. They don't put the process up excessively.

There McFlurries and milk shakes are a guilty pleasure.

I like the bank of screens, means I don't have to wait whilst kids and parents discuss what delights they are allowed to eat.

1 hour ago, onesea said:

Mc Donald's I will happily eat on motorways and hot days. They don't put the process up excessively.

There McFlurries and milk shakes are a guilty pleasure.

I like the bank of screens, means I don't have to wait whilst kids and parents discuss what delights they are allowed to eat.

I couldn't agree more . Love the touch screens and a Banana Milkshake is just perfect on a hot day . Table service , air conditioning , WiFi and phone charging . What's not to like about that ? 😁

Edited by fastbob

18 minutes ago, MikeHorton said:

I must admit mcD do a good coffee and cheap too as said mcflurries are a guilty pleasure. 

If you shop at Aldi you can easily recreate a breakfast muffin with the sausage patties they sell 👍

Macdonald's coffee IS good . Just the right taste and strength for me . 

Went for a bimble & stumbled across a small car show in the middle of Kings Heath ( I was on the way to J&S who have relocated to there )

It had a live R&R combo who were pretty good so I got a coffee looked at the shiny stuff and enjoyed the vibe for about an hour.

Here are some pic’s I know they’re cars but this is some stuff I liked.

6D313325-07AA-474E-B643-FA59F291B588.thumb.jpeg.d87ad75d5869405612fbb14e60ea5025.jpeg228FCA47-4604-4C77-BDEB-C1525BAD1C9A.thumb.jpeg.48e803e04d6d6e06e80999bba7010a1f.jpegA614E2CD-0CB9-49F6-9477-C0471927BE4A.thumb.jpeg.18112960a0ba3c289aa787331f3411f3.jpeg8617FC21-0BC0-4F17-9CB3-FF12C8CE76F6.thumb.jpeg.0ec8085ab25aadd2bd05c5481b7fd234.jpeg67254B36-0FE8-4E7A-B210-F8026A766B59.thumb.jpeg.c6f315f736e200db17562677db4538c4.jpegBF5E170E-8CCC-4833-A3A3-DAEF71AB2D68.thumb.jpeg.b56e92dd8f8512dbae963929945b1fa6.jpeg

• Like 7