What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Given that it wasn't raining and the sun was actually shining gave it a good clean. The ACF is doing its thing and keeping the worst of the salt at bay. Looks like a fortnight of rain to come but as any forecast longer than 24 hours seems complete bollocks I'll not fret too much.

2 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Fixed the LEDs on the front forks. I sealed the new ones with some epoxy before fitting. I reckon water was getting in where the cable enters the light.

Yep. That’s where it gets in. Then it corrodes where the resistor joins the LED.

3 hours ago, TimR said:

It' should' clear itself once you ride it normally 

I thought that as well but it doesn’t ...... I did it once before, exact same issue, had to plug a code reader in to clear it, easy enough to do when you have one  👍

Took the bike to Worcester Ducati who sorted the dodgy exhaust flap valve. Good service and a pleasure to deal with so may well be using them for my future needs. Also don't have to hack my way through Bristol to get to them so that's a plus! 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Stu said:

Looks like its just us hard as nails men that are using our bikes then :lol: 

Not sure about the hard as nails bit, I just refuse to use public covid (transport) in London. Ridings cheaper too. ;)

Fish 

• Like 1

On 01/02/2021 at 19:12, onesea said:

I have the cheap Chinese version:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264529655666
And I like it, only thing is it could do with dual nozzles.

Same here. And agree re the need for dual nozzles. Wonder if anyone will come up with a solution. As it is, I tend to put on more oil to compensate.

21 hours ago, Breezin said:

Same here. And agree re the need for dual nozzles. Wonder if anyone will come up with a solution. As it is, I tend to put on more oil to compensate.

Would a Y connector for car windscreen washer pipe work?

Sold the BMW f650 project I had!! 

Was sick of looking at it thinking I need to sort it but time just doesn't allow at the min so I have let someone else take it on 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fish said:

The mighty 125 got it's first service..... Told by the service manager that the chain was slack, but I'd only adjusted it two weeks ago. :(

Fish

I get this with the VanVan. Doesn't matter how perfectly I adjust it, it's never quite good enough for the MOT man.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, bonio said:

I get this with the VanVan. Doesn't matter how perfectly I adjust it, it's never quite good enough for the MOT man.

Mine was the same. I bought a heavy duty chain for it, problem solved. Many 125s have stock chains made out of chocolate.

• Haha 1

AAuwee9.mp4

Started it for the first time since October. Started on the button.  Battery has held up well, currently charging it to full capacity.

Itching to get out.

Edited by rob m
  • Like 1