What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

After fitting a delayed indicator buzzer and not being able to hear it I bought a left and right handed led off ebay for £1.50 each and fitted them on my mirror stems and now  I can see the light from my riding position so wont leave the indicators on. 

The LEDs

IMG_20210128_144459.jpg.92ac36218e72842395a5e98ed2d6df34.jpg

A short video

I feel much better now and cannot miss when an indicator is on. 

The LEDs are cased in rubber and self adhesive and connect straight to the indicator wires. 

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, paulc said:

After fitting a delayed indicator buzzer and not being able to hear it I bought a left and right handed led off ebay for £1.50 each and fitted them on my mirror stems and now  I can see the light from my riding position so wont leave the indicators on. 

The LEDs

A short video

The LEDs are cased in rubber and self adhesive and connect straight to the indicator wires. 

You have no excuse now 😂 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, paulc said:

The LEDs

A short video

Have you tried them on a wet night time ride ?

As i can forsee you being dazzled and it affecting your vision dramatically especially through a rain splattered visor.

18 minutes ago, TimR said:

Have you tried them on a wet night time ride ?

As i can forsee you being dazzled and it affecting your vision dramatically especially through a rain splattered visor.

I have tried them at night and they dont dazzle me but I cant miss them as the light is just in my vision with my helmet on but hopefully I wont be using my bike in the rain any time soon.. Famous last words :)

Edited by paulc

19 minutes ago, paulc said:

I have tried them at night and they dont dazzle me but I cant miss them as the light is just in my vision with my helmet on but hopefully I wont be using my bike in the rain any time soon.. Famous last words :)

I have to say I am pretty impressed with what you have done to be honest! 

its the little things eh :lol: 

• Like 2

I installed new number plate leds. The ones on it never worked since i got the bike, but it still passed the MOT as the tail light kind of has clear part to do that. But, I wanted them working as its a little extra brightness at the back and wanted to practice soldering wires. lol.

Well, I chose the thinnest wires ever to practice on, but got it done. Bought heat shrink too. Under the blue is individual heat shrinks on the wires, but wanted the bigger to add support. £6 for the leds so not bad. they come seperate so look like they could be used for all sorts.

20210130_165408.jpg

20210130_165447.jpg

20210130_165502.jpg

• Like 4

I went out on Xena for an hour or so, glad I put on my thermals though I could just feel the cold coming through my jeans, but it felt great being out after so much crap weather, got go out tomorrow too so that's another ride.

I have noticed a couple of rust spots starting to show on some of the shiny stuff, nothing serious which isn't bad for a 2 year old chinese bike that has spent the most of last year outside under a cover, mind you it hasn't had a proper clean or polish for the best part of a year either.

If it's fine at the weekend I think I will treat her to a proper clean and make her all nice and shiny again :thumb:

1 hour ago, Pie man said:

Fitted Cobrra Nemo 2 

Cobrra Nemo 2.jpg

Be interested to hear how you get on with it. I had a Scottoiler, the vacuum type, could never get it to work right. Either too much oil or not enough. Those look simple and seem to get good reviews.

I had every intention of cleaning and adjusting the chain then going for a ride to look at some areas I’d seen houses for sale in before arranging viewings but we’ve got builders installing new drainage who decided to cut the electric wire to the garage door 🤬🤬

20 minutes ago, Keeper96 said:

I had every intention of cleaning and adjusting the chain then going for a ride to look at some areas I’d seen houses for sale in before arranging viewings but we’ve got builders installing new drainage who decided to cut the electric wire to the garage door 🤬🤬

Shouldn't it be able to be opened manually? On ours you disengage the drive thread and it opens by hand.

42 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Be interested to hear how you get on with it. I had a Scottoiler, the vacuum type, could never get it to work right. Either too much oil or not enough. Those look simple and seem to get good reviews.

Hello. I used to have (still have in bits somewhere) a scottoiler, vacuum type on the V-Strom. Like you, I could never get it to work right. I already have a Nemo 2 on the MT07 that I use for commuting, I installed that back in 2019.  A quarter of a turn allows about 3 mins of lube on to the chain, it isn't gravity fed, it is delivered under pressure, a quarter of a turn every 200 miles or as and when needed, depending on conditions. One full unit will last for roughly 2500 miles. I didn't like the idea of cutting into the vacuum or electrics on the KTM or MT07. 👍

36 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Shouldn't it be able to be opened manually? On ours you disengage the drive thread and it opens by hand.

We can, there’s manual handle like the old hand drills but it takes about 15 minutes to get a big enough gap to roll under, getting it high enough to get a bike out, lower it and then repeat once I got home would’ve taken longer than I was going to be out for 😂 

the power went off once when I had a land rover I was selling inside and some people came to view it, we started winding at 9 and couldn’t get it out till about 1030! 

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I have the cheap Chinese version:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264529655666
And I like it, only thing is it could do with dual nozzles.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Fitted a pair of cheap hand guards to the CBF. Hopefully they might help deflect some of the wind and rain.

I'm not fussed how they look, it's just that visiting my parents means a long motorway journey.

IMG_20210201_115837380.jpg

as long as they keep your hands warm who cares 

• Like 1

Doing a couple of jobs in the garage today, checked the bike over and noticed a bit of rust on the chain, so decided to clean and oil it ...... Simple enough job ....... Made a schoolboy error though, popped the bike up on the paddock stand, started the engine and allowed the rear wheel to spin whilst oiling it  (yes I know that it's frowned upon by some to do that), totally forgot about the ABS sensor,  fault light is now illuminated on the dash so need to get a code reader of my mate to clear it off ...... Typical of me, do one job and create another 🙄

50 minutes ago, manxie49 said:

Doing a couple of jobs in the garage today, checked the bike over and noticed a bit of rust on the chain, so decided to clean and oil it ...... Simple enough job ....... Made a schoolboy error though, popped the bike up on the paddock stand, started the engine and allowed the rear wheel to spin whilst oiling it  (yes I know that it's frowned upon by some to do that), totally forgot about the ABS sensor,  fault light is now illuminated on the dash so need to get a code reader of my mate to clear it off ...... Typical of me, do one job and create another 🙄

It' should' clear itself once you ride it normally 

• Like 1