What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Started it yesterday and as it was very sluggish put it on charge overnight.

Charger was showing all green lights today so went for an essential ride into town for necessities. Longish ride home. All was good even if the rider was a little rusty. 🙄

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bender said:

So your saying once the wardrobes are finished your coming out 😂 

I am that far in the closet I am in Narnia................ 

Although I have seen @Six30 in here a few times! 

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Painted (again) the side stand and centre stand which really seem to suffer from salt and grit which given their location is no real surprise.

Did this to the Bandit twice and got fed up, not to bad to take off and paint but do not want it to get too corroded and snap anything. took it to the local powder coat shop and 4 years later still in good shape. I did put a bit of pip round the centre braces to stop the peppering from grit.

Cost  £10 bargain.

1569277635_02-100_0325.JPG.34a2c60aa61370e37ddb368c22cb5385.JPG814752833_05-MainStandRubbersfitted-crop.JPG.a1415051d7c740b77b4f39b7b575d050.JPG1615149461_06-standfitted.JPG.24856579f91dada70859cf1a42f28904.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The side stand is powder coated and is actually OK apart from the actual floor plate which gets dragged over the ground etc. The centre stand isn't oem and although bought from Germany I suspect was assembled a bit further east. With hindsight I should have powder coated it before I fitted it but a coat of hammerite black does the job every 6 months or so. No real corrosion yet just surface bloom occasionally.

• Like 1

Took it for its MoT, passed with no advisories.

It was only 3*C & Misty,  I was bloody freezing so instead of going the long way round, it was straight home for a warming cuppa.

With this week being above freezing, bit the bullet and painted the Bandit fairing which got scuffed a few years ago in a fall. The fairing is still off after I did the headlight work so it's now or never.

i will not choke up this thread so have created a new one in the projects section.

27 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Is that the 19mm chain? Looks like mine if it is. Weighs a ton but solid as f**k.

Yeap 19mm, 22mm wouldn't fit the anchor. :(

Fish

• Like 1

My mate got done for exceeding 100mph 3 times in a week (once on my bike 🤣). He got a £1000 fine, 28 day ban and 11 points. His insurance went up from £200 to £280. It seems insurers don't care about points which is a new one to me. 

• Haha 1

Flushed with success regarding the bandit fairing paint I got on with the "scrap" genuine Bandit mirrors I bought from eBay fora a tenner to see if i can make a good set and get some practice with plastic paint before i get the scuffs out of my bandit one after the fall over.

Instead of the usual waffle and pic feat I will say they were sanded down, filled, sanded again, body putty, sanded, plastic primed, 4 light coats of U-Pol satin black and finally 2 coats of satin clear.

Here are the before and after for the left mirror, the right one's clear is still hardening as i had to sand down again to get ride of a few dust blobs. Can out really good. I wanted to keep it looking plastic satin as much as possible. Just the to rubbers to silicone polish now and will pop them on the Bandit and see how they last this year.

1465543521_01-leftbeforeandafter.jpg.28cdc10c75a28c92d368ddfaa928a865.jpg627648536_02-leftbeforeandafter.jpg.88923273b7b5699631607620b688cb39.jpg15934627_03-leftbeforeandafter.jpg.2590ffc8c7a995bbed06194614f1dcbf.jpg

• Like 9

40 minutes ago, linuxrob said:

Flushed with success regarding the bandit fairing paint I got on with the "scrap" genuine Bandit mirrors I bought from eBay fora a tenner to see if i can make a good set and get some practice with plastic paint before i get the scuffs out of my bandit one after the fall over.

Instead of the usual waffle and pic feat I will say they were sanded down, filled, sanded again, body putty, sanded, plastic primed, 4 light coats of U-Pol satin black and finally 2 coats of satin clear.

Here are the before and after for the left mirror, the right one's clear is still hardening as i had to sand down again to get ride of a few dust blobs. Can out really good. I wanted to keep it looking plastic satin as much as possible. Just the to rubbers to silicone polish now and will pop them on the Bandit and see how they last this year.

1465543521_01-leftbeforeandafter.jpg.28cdc10c75a28c92d368ddfaa928a865.jpg627648536_02-leftbeforeandafter.jpg.88923273b7b5699631607620b688cb39.jpg15934627_03-leftbeforeandafter.jpg.2590ffc8c7a995bbed06194614f1dcbf.jpg

That looks fantastic 

It would be interesting to see how durable it is too 

• Like 1

mine wouldn't start again this morning ! :crybaby:

But it was very close! I've put it on charge again

I need to get out and ride the thing!

and we need to get the Damn garage finished so I can have power down there!

Went "shopping" but via the Malvern Hills, Ledbury, Newent and Gloucester.  About 80 miles. Saw loads of bikes out plus every layby or verge where you could park a car and walk somewhere was rammed. Including my local Standish Woods - actually had to pick my way through traffic on the way out which isn't normal.

Edited by S-Westerly