Comfiest bike?

MotorcycleTourer

I thought my 2018 Africa Twin Adventure Sport  was great aside from the seat, which is an instrument of torture. Replaced it with a Sargent and it’s comfy for the distance rides I do. Bike needed a further tweak with bar risers to get the sweet spot.

that's why I added the gel pads into the Pan, it makes it a lot better.

According to @Ian Frog it works great on his as well.

That reminds me that I still need to edit the video and upload it 😏

Edited by husoi

1 hour ago, husoi said:

that's why I added the gel pads into the Pan, it makes it a lot better.

According to @Ian Frog it works great on his as well.

That reminds me that I still need to edit the video and upload it 😏

Yes the pillion pad on the Busa greatly improved by the gel inserts and a Triboseat.

Carol used to complain about slipping back and forth and numb bum after an hour or so, all better now.

Cheers and thanks again @husoi

Ian

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Gerontious said:

I thought my 2018 Africa Twin Adventure Sport  was great aside from the seat, which is an instrument of torture. Replaced it with a Sargent and it’s comfy for the distance rides I do. Bike needed a further tweak with bar risers to get the sweet spot.

I must admit, I do really struggle with the seat on mine! But to be fair, if you sit on ANY bike for long enough, your arse will start to hurt 😂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Beans said:

Honda cbf1000 all day comfort with an upright seating position and no long stretch to the bars, I found. Get a MK2, Honda improved the stator on the mk2 and this was the Achilles heel of the Mk1

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-reviews/honda/cbf1000/2010/

Now there’s an interesting thought! Thanks for mentioning 👍

The seat on Xena is really comfy, longest time on it was just over 2 hours, most of the time though I spend around an hour usually because I need to have a drink, I always carry a water bottle with me on long rides :thumb:

1 hour ago, MotorcycleTourer said:

Thanks for all your suggestions! I’m really surprised nobody mentioned anything from BMW. And I was sure somebody would bring up Yammy’s FJR! 

Well... you mentioned comfy bikes.  🤣

9 minutes ago, dynax said:

The seat on Xena is really comfy, longest time on it was just over 2 hours, most of the time though I spend around an hour usually because I need to have a drink, I always carry a water bottle with me on long rides :thumb:

Xena it is then ....

See the source image

3 hours ago, MotorcycleTourer said:

Thanks for all your suggestions! I’m really surprised nobody mentioned anything from BMW. And I was sure somebody would bring up Yammy’s FJR! 

I had an FJR and found it very uncomfortable, some bikes just fit some people.

3 hours ago, MotorcycleTourer said:

I find my fjr OK but it could be a lot better! 

After 4 or 5 hours a leg stretch is a must and about 300 miles max in a day is my limit 

Anyone fancy the Iron Butt Challenge? One way of finding out how comfy your bike is. Don't  fancy it in the UK as our road system doesn't really lend itself to huge daily mileages. European autoroutes might be doable. 

10 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Anyone fancy the Iron Butt Challenge? One way of finding out how comfy your bike is. Don't  fancy it in the UK as our road system doesn't really lend itself to huge daily mileages. European autoroutes might be doable. 

There is one good thing in UK's roads.

They definitely massage your bottom while you ride 🤣

Never a dull moment like in the boring smooth Spanish roads.

• Like 1