What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Took both out of the garage, the trailer.

Gave it a good broom, reverse the ST1300, reverse the shadow and got the trailer back inside.

Loaded some of the gear into the trailer.

Tomorrow will fit the hitch onto the pan.

• Like 1

Rode from Yorkshire to West Scotland yesterday. Great ride. But loads of camera detecting vans out and about … be very careful of the 30mph section on the A66 if you go that way. Normally roadwork restrictions on dual carriageway are 50 mph. Not the A66. There is a long section restricted arbitrarily to 30mph. And a policeman with hand held gun was checking. 
Fortunately I was doing 30 because I went through with the car a couple of weeks ago and knew the situation. 

• Like 2

Bike's tow bar is fitted onto the pan, all electrics working to perfection.

While fixing the tow bar 2 of the nuts escaped and went between the rear brake arm and the swingarm. 🙄 Managed to use my wee magnet to get them out, fortunately swingarm is aluminium so wasn't too hard. :thumb: 

Moved the rear camera up, it was filming the front of the trailer, now will see further back.

Washed both trailer and pan.

Had to wash by hand because the stupid jet-wash broke down 🤬 will have to order new carbon brushes to repair it.

Had a little bbq to end the day 😎

Tightened a wing mirror on the MV. Fitted grip puppies (never used them before, will try them out).

Changed the front sprocket on the VanVan and inflated the tyres.

The DRZ looks like it's been rolling in a muddy field. Could do with a wash. 

• Like 1

On 15/05/2021 at 09:00, Davidtav said:

Rode from Yorkshire to West Scotland yesterday. Great ride. But loads of camera detecting vans out and about … be very careful of the 30mph section on the A66 if you go that way. Normally roadwork restrictions on dual carriageway are 50 mph. Not the A66. There is a long section restricted arbitrarily to 30mph. And a policeman with hand held gun was checking. 
Fortunately I was doing 30 because I went through with the car a couple of weeks ago and knew the situation. 

Did you see the camels ? 🐫🐫🐫

Edited by fastbob

52 minutes ago, Davidtav said:

The camels are called Doris, Delilah and Granville apparently lol

https://www.mainsgillfarm.co.uk/our-animals-i26

Not far from me. Will have to take a look next time am in Richmond. Ta

Got the Z back out of the back of the shed. Whooo hooo

146_5664web.thumb.JPG.0d90185e9defb532a75acc32b8603795.JPG

Edited by linuxrob
  • Like 2

I've had enough of this cold , wet miserable weather . I'm supposed to be a Biker for goodness sake ! And it's got nothing to do with having a Harley either . There's just no fun in riding in the cold . I was going to go for a quick ride this afternoon to warm the bike up before doing an oil change but as soon as I put my boots on it went grey and started raining again . The rest of this summer had better make up for April and May .  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, fastbob said:

I've had enough of this cold , wet miserable weather . I'm supposed to be a Biker for goodness sake ! And it's got nothing to do with having a Harley either . There's just no fun in riding in the cold . I was going to go for a quick ride this afternoon to warm the bike up before doing an oil change but as soon as I put my boots on it went grey and started raining again . The rest of this summer had better make up for April and May .  

Tis my fault. Put a curse on the weather as I've got to be away. It'll be good in August. 😈

• Haha 1

and thinking of getting another bike, i fancy a gs 500 so see what happens, the first model had like semi dropped bars where the next model had the straight and i think one piece bars 🤔 which i would sooner have. so i hope the weather does cheer up pretty soon 

Edited by skyrider

Went for a quick ride today, testing different positions of the screen, with the stock screen I'm getting lots of buffeting, well the screen on the KTM is pants. So I've ordered a smaller screen, similar size to the R screen. Sacrifice weather protection for clean air. 

Fixed the holder of the dual camera hard drive.

Original lasted a couple months, made of cheap plastic and only a tiny slider. As result broke with vibration🤨

New (refurbished) holder made of 100% recycled materials. hope it will last a bit longer :thumb: 

218741879_cameraholderfront.thumb.jpg.413e2b263d48834d6121d65928e090a0.jpg

Screw on top pic holds the hard drive in place without sliding out.

464888658_cameraholderrear.thumb.jpg.ba0d1f2a727e14a3aba764e2735ca098.jpg

Screw on above pic holds the aluminium square to the vertical adjuster.

• Like 1

Had a crap weekend and have been working for most of it. Finished at 4 today and we dashed out on the bikes and just kept pointing at blue sky 🤣 Knott End, Glasson Dock, Lancaster and then Morecambe and home via the mway (meh). Awesome rain dodging skills 😎 

IMG_20210516_211818_258.jpg

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, gymwitch said:

Had a crap weekend and have been working for most of it. Finished at 4 today and we dashed out on the bikes and just kept pointing at blue sky 🤣 Knott End, Glasson Dock, Lancaster and then Morecambe and home via the mway (meh). Awesome rain dodging skills 😎 

IMG_20210516_211818_258.jpg

Did you not bump in to @skyrider :lol: 

1 minute ago, Bender said:

Let the mot expire on mine, 

Same here!! 

I usually have mine done before it runs out but I have last hope in the weather :roll: 

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

He has been in the same place today :lol: 

We got there about 6. It was quiet by then. No one around apart from a load of campervan owners parked up at the side of the road all sat out on their deck chairs 😄 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bender said:

Let the mot expire on mine, 😔 unwittingly, will get it booked in bank hol sat weekend, I'm having the weekend of, no worky worky, bikey bikey.

Where will you get to?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gymwitch said:

We got there about 6. It was quiet by then. No one around apart from a load of campervan owners parked up at the side of the road all sat out on their deck chairs 😄 

Sometimes thats the best times to be out 

• Like 1

Washing little Betty to make her look sparkly and clean for her new adventure 🥺 if i could keep her i would. I had planned to strip her down and do all those niggly little jobs but our friend is so excited about getting her and hes a lovely chap. I might see her from time to time if he wants me work on her for any reason I DONT WANT HER TO GO !!!! He even calls her Betty 🤣🤣🤣 he had better look after her or I'll kick his ass. 

• Like 2